THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ugh. Grotesques Now

Go down 
5 posters

Packed 5 Grotesques. Why
to stack them all in a Raider
Ugh. Grotesques Now Voteba1313%Ugh. Grotesques Now Voteba15
 13% [ 3 ]
to footslog them with a Haemonculus
Ugh. Grotesques Now Voteba1326%Ugh. Grotesques Now Voteba15
 26% [ 6 ]
to run 4 with a Haemonculus in a Raider
Ugh. Grotesques Now Voteba1361%Ugh. Grotesques Now Voteba15
 61% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

Ugh. Grotesques Now Empty
PostSubject: Ugh. Grotesques Now   Ugh. Grotesques Now I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24 2017, 16:49

I'm playing a friendlyish game against Space Wolves and decided to do something fun and a little different for me, and help me better fetishize and lament the old Coven past.

So please, friends, chime in and help an old fleshcrafter out
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Grotesques Now   Ugh. Grotesques Now I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24 2017, 20:52

I ran Grotesques in the beginning and they did okay, but at any rate they should be used with a Haemonculus. T6 makes a big difference if you send Grotesques after things that are not your average MEQ.

However, the biggest advantage for this configuration is that your HQ is more than just a tax. Haemy has a great aura and his combat potential are very reasonable. Do not underestimate the Electrocorrosive Whip.

Especially if you used an Archon as HQ before, you have your points spent much more efficiently imo.

Nonetheless, I found more success in running beasts. Especially Clawed Fiends give you a lot of mileage (AP-1, D2, dont need transports) and cost 25% less.
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Grotesques Now   Ugh. Grotesques Now I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24 2017, 23:22

Right now my grotesques have all been standing in for clawed fiends.

That said t 6 is really nice against s3 weapons. If it's against MEQ though you might get more milage with another model over the more expensive haemonculous.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Grotesques Now   Ugh. Grotesques Now I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24 2017, 23:37

My most regular opponents are a Khorne player, a Vanguard happy Ultramarines player, and a 'nid player. I long ago gave up including any melee in my armies.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Grotesques Now   Ugh. Grotesques Now I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25 2017, 04:08

I'd bring two units of three and a single Haemy. Footslog them up the board. Screen for your gun-toting troops.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ugh. Grotesques Now   Ugh. Grotesques Now I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ugh. Grotesques Now
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion