THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Scorpion Blenders

Go down 
+3
Kantalla
FuelDrop
Faitherun
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

Scorpion Blenders Empty
PostSubject: Scorpion Blenders   Scorpion Blenders I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30 2017, 02:57

So, reading through the new Eldar Codex, and I do believe I have found the blender unit.

Karandras
10 Scorpions
Warlock Support with Enhance
Warlord with Ambush of blades
Supreme Disdain stratagem

Get the 10 scorps into CC while within range of the Warlord and Big K. Pop Enhance for +1 to hit on the Scorps. If they are attacking a unit that is in cover, they are now triggering abilities on a 4+.

Karadras gives them an extra attack for every 6 to hit in CC. Now a 4+
Same thing with Supreme Disdain
Ambush of blades, also on a 6, makes them add an additional -1 to their AP.

Assuming the exarch has a biting blade too (just for easy maths).
Hitting on a 2+
That is 21 attacks base.
10.5 will add and extra 2 attacks, or an additional 21 attacks.
Of those, 10.5 will proc for the extra -1, leaving a total of 14 regular attacks and 21 at ap -2.

Vs IG
14 Reg will result in 7.8 wounds
21 AP -2 will result in 14 wounds for 21.8 dead Guardsmen

VS Smurfs
14 Reg will result in 3.5 wounds
21 AP -2 will result in 7 woulds for a total of 10.5 dead Space marines.

Sure that is an expensive unit to run, but holy cow that is a blender of a unit....

Note: Please double check my maths as this one got me turned around a bit a few times
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Scorpion Blenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Blenders   Scorpion Blenders I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30 2017, 05:06

Honestly, after seeing Khorne beserkers with premonition and a black legion warlord output arrount 90-100 attacks on the charge against imperials, I have kinda high standards for a blender unit. Still, this is nothing to sniff at.
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

Scorpion Blenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Blenders   Scorpion Blenders I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30 2017, 05:13

That's some impressive synergies.

The Exarch will actually get more bonus attacks than your estimate(!) because he gets bonuses from the following:
Supreme Disdain stratagem
Sustained Attack for the Scorpion Exarch
Death by a Thousand Stings from Karandras

Make them Saim Hann for the reroll charges too, and I could see an Autarch Skyrunner and Warlock Skyrunner being able to get close enough with advances for a deep strike assault like this in turn one.

I get 22.3 dead Guardsmen and 14.2 dead Marines - maybe slightly higher because of the extra Exarch attacks?

Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

Scorpion Blenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Blenders   Scorpion Blenders I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30 2017, 08:58

Thinking about this some more, you could have an Autarch Skyrunner for the reroll 1s and viable damage as the warlord, plus a Farseer can Doom the target. I don't think we have enough destruction yet.

Sure this unit can obliterate the target several times over, but it's all about how much can be got from a single blob of models right!

Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

Scorpion Blenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Blenders   Scorpion Blenders I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30 2017, 09:53

Yeah, the exploding attacks affecting the whole squads, and comboing with the +2 to hit, is truly crazy.

Sybarite
masamune

Scorpion Blenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Blenders   Scorpion Blenders I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30 2017, 11:40

Sounds truely awesome ^^

I've always wanted to get my hands on scorpions & banshees, I love the miniatures since I started collecting. I'll guess I'll get them as soon as I'll have more budget Smile

Scorpion Blenders 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Scorpion Blenders 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

Scorpion Blenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Blenders   Scorpion Blenders I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30 2017, 15:44

My favorite CW models are Swooping Hawks (so damn beautiful...) but they are really lackluster in the game, and it's a shame.

Sybarite
Faitherun

Scorpion Blenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Blenders   Scorpion Blenders I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30 2017, 21:11

Mppqlmd wrote:
My favorite CW models are Swooping Hawks (so damn beautiful...) but they are really lackluster in the game, and it's a shame.

I am not so sure they are as lackluster any more...

Dealing mortal wounds in the movement phase, able to jump around the board for objective snatching, and a decent number of shots now.... they are not amazing but they are not bad either. I definitely think they have a role

I do wish there were better ways to boost shooting other than the Autuarch and Guide. Melee has all the strats and powers to buff it it seems, while a unit of something like hawks could really benefit from a +1 to wound rolls
Back to top Go down
lcfr
Sybarite
lcfr

Scorpion Blenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Blenders   Scorpion Blenders I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01 2017, 02:49

But all of the shooting perks come naturally to the army like Battle Focus and the Saim-Hann attribute and the Stratagems that provide more Movement actions or deployment shenanigans.

You have all the tools to be where you need to be and taking most of your shots on a 3+ with some kind of easy access psychic or Character support. Craftworlds got really cool maneuverability I'm pumped to see what kind of craziness Drukhari will have available.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Scorpion Blenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Blenders   Scorpion Blenders I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01 2017, 07:46

I loved my Swooping Hawks in 7th. they combined BS 5 from the aspect shrine with 3 shots at 24" and a frankly insane 18" movement, then an extra d6" (or flat 6" with formation) of movement after shooting, making them great for bleeding out light infantry in hit and run attacks or running around claiming objectives.

The index versions were a massive letdown. Haven't got the codex yet (I am pissed with GW's handling it enough to consider just sitting out 8th edition's craftworlders entirely).
Back to top Go down
nerdelemental
Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

Scorpion Blenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Blenders   Scorpion Blenders I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01 2017, 12:16

FuelDrop wrote:
Haven't got the codex yet (I am pissed with GW's handling it enough to consider just sitting out 8th edition's craftworlders entirely).

Wow. I'm super intrigued! FD, what's the big issue for you, man? That's high level irritation!
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Scorpion Blenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Blenders   Scorpion Blenders I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01 2017, 13:28

Well first and worst is their response to people pointing out that most of the craftworld traits are very unfluffy: Smug Condescension. On top of that, things like removing holofields and gutting Autarchs have left me with a very bad taste in my mouth about the whole thing. Their hypocritical attitude on social media ect is bad enough that I want nothing to do with rewarding their behavior by giving them money for the book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scorpion Blenders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scorpion Blenders   Scorpion Blenders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scorpion Blenders
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-