THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1000 pts tournament-list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

1000 pts tournament-list Empty
PostSubject: 1000 pts tournament-list   1000 pts tournament-list I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 18:16

in 2 Weeks, there is a small Team-tournament (Teams consist of 2 players, each army 1000pts) at my local GW-Store. I team with an Iron Warriors-player.

Here is the first catch of my army

Archon w/ Agonizer, shadowfield, WWP, HayWire-Grenades
9 Wyches w/ Hekatrix (Agonizer), HayWire
Raider w/ Dis

Haemi w/ Liquifier, venomblades, WWP
4 Wracks
Venom w/ 2 SC

4 Blasterborn w/ 4 Blasters

12 Warriors w/ SC

12 Warriors w/ SC

Talos w/ TL Haywire-Blaster, Chain flails

3 Jetbikes w/ Blaster, clustercaltrops

total 993 points, 4 standard-units

any thoughts?

Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pts tournament-list   1000 pts tournament-list I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 05 2011, 19:23

Your warriors will have a high chance of getting munched the turn they come out. Sure they can cause some damage but you will be in assault range. I suggest wyches or wracks. You can use the Wyches to Tarpit the enemy while your teammate catches up to unload bolter hell on your opponent. Or you can use wracks to take the blunt attack of the enemy with a higher chance of surviving. Remember you will be moving 12" desembark 2" drop webway portal's

So if its
Pitcheed Battle 24" away from enemy you cut it down by 8" so on Turn 2 your now 2" away from his deployment edge

Spearhead your in his deployment zone by 2" and on Turn 2 another 6 inches

Dawn of War 18" away so you would be 4" away Turn 2 in his deployment 2"

Basically count on assault Turn 1 with your portal droppers or assault Turn 2 with your reserves.

Also a trick I learned to protect your WWP carriers is to disembark on the other side of the transport using it as cover. (P=portal, W=Wrack, H=Hame, A=Archon)

Enemys

Venom
PWWP
HWWA

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pts tournament-list   1000 pts tournament-list I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06 2011, 05:16

The biggest issue I see is the army coming out of the WWP is basically a shooting army. That's sort of the opposite of what is usually thought of as best at coming out of the portal. I also am not a fan of Archons as WWP droppers, though it can work.

First thought I have is put the Wyches in reserve and use a squad of Warriors w. Blaster to drop the portal. Heck, even the Archon riding with Trueborn would be better - I'd love to see assault stuff in the portal and anti-mech stuff starting in transports basically.

Back to top Go down
Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pts tournament-list   1000 pts tournament-list I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06 2011, 09:14

thanks a lot, I am right now including the advices into my list.

I dropped the Haywire-grenades on my Wyches, switched 12 Warriors to 10 Wyches, threw out the Blaster on the RJB and dropped the Archon to get a second Haem.

Revised list:

Haem w/ WWP, Liquifier, venomblades
4 Blasterborn w/ 4 Blaster
Venom w/ 2 SC

Haem w/ WWP, Liquifier, venomblades
9 Warriors w/ Shredder
Raider w/ Dis (or DL - haven't decided yet)

5 Wracks

10 Wyches w/ Hekatrix (Agonizer)

10 Wyches

3 Jetbikes w/ cluster caltrops

Talos w/ TL Haywire Blaster, Chain flails

total 990 pts, 4 scoring units

some Questions:
- for tarpitting units, do my Wyches need the shardnet-thing?
- 2 WWP are more flexible, but in 1k, are they too expensive and maybe 1 is enough? Then I could again field my beloved CC-Monster called Archon (who did very well the last 2 games, killing a total of 4 Terminators and a BT Champion of the Imperator as well as 3 Greyknight-Paladins)

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pts tournament-list   1000 pts tournament-list I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06 2011, 16:07

I question the need for Venom Blades on the Haems. I also think it's needless to have 9 Warriors w. Shredder as opposed to just 5 - that's a good place to look at first in order to save points. Also, the big squad of 10 Wyches with no gear...I don't think that's a good idea, I'd be dropping the 4 excess Warriors or dropping the RJBs in order to get both Wych squads Haywire grenades and Agonisers.

Your questions;

1. You don't need shardnets to tarpit - Wyches are just inherently hard to kill, that makes them able to tarpit. Shardnets just help them do it.

2. I personally wouldn't try to do WWP at 1000 points - but if you're doing WWP you really ought to have 2 portals, otherwise if one of the portal carriers dies, or a portal is blocked off, or something else happens you could be in trouble and have to walk all your stuff on from the board edge. Two portals protects you from that.

Back to top Go down
Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pts tournament-list   1000 pts tournament-list I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07 2011, 08:45

Thor665 wrote:
I question the need for Venom Blades on the Haems. I also think it's needless to have 9 Warriors w. Shredder as opposed to just 5 - that's a good place to look at first in order to save points. Also, the big squad of 10 Wyches with no gear...I don't think that's a good idea, I'd be dropping the 4 excess Warriors or dropping the RJBs in order to get both Wych squads Haywire grenades and Agonisers.

Your questions;

1. You don't need shardnets to tarpit - Wyches are just inherently hard to kill, that makes them able to tarpit. Shardnets just help them do it.

2. I personally wouldn't try to do WWP at 1000 points - but if you're doing WWP you really ought to have 2 portals, otherwise if one of the portal carriers dies, or a portal is blocked off, or something else happens you could be in trouble and have to walk all your stuff on from the board edge. Two portals protects you from that.

ok, so my Archon has to watch the Battle from afar.
My reason for a WWP-Army is simple: the lack of venoms/Raiders. So I have the choice between footslogging and dropping portals.

If I reduce the Warriors to 5 and drop Shredder and both Venomblades, I am able to field 7 wracks (+2) + a Hekatrix w/ agonizer for the equipmentless Wyches - total 999 pts

I will do some games this weekend with this list.

Thanks for your advice/musings!

Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pts tournament-list   1000 pts tournament-list I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2011, 08:34

so this is what my partner fields:

CSM (1000pts)
Demonprince w/ mark of slaanesh, wings, whip
10 CSM w/ 2 Flamer, Rhino, Champion w/ powerweapon
10 CSM w/ 2 plasma guns, Rhino, Champion w/ powerweapon
Obliterator
Obliterator
5 Chosen w/ 3 Melter guns, 1 powerfist, 1 powerweapon, Rhino with Melter gun (Infiltrators?)

My Dark Eldar (1000pts)
Haem w/ Liquifier, WWP (with Blasterborn)
Haem w/ Liquifier, WWP (with Warriors)

4 Trueborn w/ 4 Blaster, Venom (2 SC)

7 Wracks
5 Warriors w/ Raider (DL)

3 RJB w/ cluster caltrops

I think about switching a Blaster from the Blasterborn to the Warriors - gives me one more vehicle I can shoot at. And they can shoot from the Raider after moving 12"

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pts tournament-list   1000 pts tournament-list I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2011, 15:34

I would definitely drop one Blasterborn to give the Warriors a Blaster - more threats on the table is pretty much always better.

Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pts tournament-list   1000 pts tournament-list I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2011, 19:16

agreed with thor, but your warriors can not shoot from the raider after moving 12, any vehicle needs to move 6 to have its passangers shoot.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pts tournament-list   1000 pts tournament-list I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10 2011, 21:42

Shadows Revenge wrote:
agreed with thor, but your warriors can not shoot from the raider after moving 12, any vehicle needs to move 6 to have its passangers shoot.

hm, this gives my Warrior-blaster still about 24" range. Thanks for the advice

Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pts tournament-list   1000 pts tournament-list I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30 2011, 13:14

So, tournament is over - me and my partner made a shared 3rd place out of 8 teams (three games, 2 draws, 1 minor defeat). Not so bad for 4 Weeks back into WH40K.
#

My army:
Haem w/ Liquifier, WWP (with Blasterborn)
Haem w/ Liquifier, WWP (with Warriors)
4 Trueborn w/ 3 Blaster, Venom (2 SC)
7 Wracks
5 Warriors w/ Blaster, Raider (DL)
3 RJB w/ cluster caltrops

my partner had:
2 Demonprinces w/ whip + stuff
2 10-Squads w/ 2 flamer and 2 plasmaguns, Champion w/ powerfist, rhino w/ bolter-melter
1 Defiler w/ extra ccw instead of flamers

Lessons learned:

game 1 (Smurfs + Orks):
a) Ork nobz are very tough guys
b) splinterrifles rock against those huge orkmobs
c) I deploy my RJB too aggressively
Highlight (kind of): Talos missing with 7 attacks on Ork Nobz...
Game was a draw

game 2 (DE (Sliscus, 2 Razorwing, 10 Wyches, 20 Warriors, 1 Ravager) + Bugs)
a) RJB still too aggressive
b) I need more blasters
c) keep objectives in mind
Highlight: my Raider kills his Wyches-raider, my venom massacres his wyches on turn one
Game was a minor defeat due to objective markers

game 3 (DE (Archon, 9 Inccubi, 10 Wyches, 10 Warriors, 2 Raider) + Black Templar)
as we had to switch our armies (i got the DE): no new learnings from my army...
Highlight: my (sic) Inccubi killing both (already wounded) Demonprinces
gas was a draw again

The downside of the Tournament was the too short games - as we just had 90 minutes per game. First game lastet 3 rounds, second just 2 round.

I have to rethink my take on the Inccubi - they did really well.

PostSubject: Re: 1000 pts tournament-list   1000 pts tournament-list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1000 pts tournament-list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: