THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts?

Go down 
+4
|Meavar
Burnage
Count Adhemar
Squidmaster
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts? Empty
PostSubject: Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts?   Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 09 2017, 15:15

I've signed up for a Doubles tournament next year, and thought I'd run an experiment.
Its 900pts per players, so one team of 1800pts.
Army selection is one detachment each, and treated seperately in all respects, but in-game treats one team as one player.

So, given what we currently have in terms of Indexes and full Codex releases, what is the worst 900pts you can imagine?

(The purpose here to see what what sort of broken things you can come up with, and imagine how likely we'll be to face such a list, and thus maybe plan accordingly.)

Ta.

Last edited by Squidmaster on Thu Nov 09 2017, 16:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts?   Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 09 2017, 15:40

Archon and 6 x 15 Wyches all on foot

Or did I get the wrong idea of 'worst'?

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts?   Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 09 2017, 16:02

Sigh.

Question updated to read "worst/beardiest".
What you suggested could possibly be the worst army I have ever seen, and yet somehow I'm worried that the Infantry Spam isn't the worst idea in the world.......

Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts?   Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 09 2017, 16:23

Magnus and Mortarion. 885 points for the both of them.

Edit: One detachment each? Probably Magnus and some combination of Thousand Sons HQs, then.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts?   Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 09 2017, 16:43

Squidmaster wrote:
What you suggested could possibly be the worst army I have ever seen

Thank you. I even deliberately chose an Archon rather than taking a Succubus to avoid having any synergy Very Happy

|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts?   Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 10:42

Count Adhemar wrote:
Squidmaster wrote:
What you suggested could possibly be the worst army I have ever seen

Thank you. I even deliberately chose an Archon rather than taking a Succubus to avoid having any synergy Very Happy

And here I thought you really wanted the ld boost from the archon for such large units.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts?   Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 10:52

Only applies to Kabal units. I thought of everything Very Happy

Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts?   Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 17:47

worse :

1 succubus
27 ur ghuls

best :

probably spamming dissie ravagers and reapers

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts?   Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 10 2017, 23:01

Haem + 5 Ravagers with mix of dissies and lances might be nice.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts?   Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 12 2017, 10:10

Based on the newly released Codexes (and what Index lists there still are) anyone have any thoughts on what other armies might bring at 900pts?

Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts?   Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 12 2017, 15:24

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Grey Knights) [46 PL, 896pts] ++

+ HQ +

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [14 PL, 275pts]: 4: First to the Fray, Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gate of Infinity, Heavy Incinerator, Nemesis Greatsword, Warlord

Grand Master in Nemesis Dreadknight [14 PL, 285pts]: Dreadfist, Dreadfist, Dreadknight teleporter, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Psycannon, Vortex of Doom

Grand Master Voldus [10 PL, 190pts]: Astral Aim, Hammerhand, Sanctuary

Grey Knight Chaplain [8 PL, 146pts]: Fury of Deimos, Hammerhand, Storm bolter

++ Total: [46 PL, 896pts] ++

Psychic powers are variable, but mainly you team up with someone who has 4+ units on the board. Everything starts in DS. Everything drops down turn 1, warlord trait allows for re-roll of charges, so mass shooting, then a fair bit of pain in CC with Chaplain buffs. Depends on who the partner is, but could synergize very well (read IG gunline)
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts?   Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 12 2017, 23:14

Worst: warlock and footslogging storm guardians. Uthwe, to ensure that neither psyker nor guardians are any good. (not bitter at all...)

Best: Trueborn 'lance spam in raiders with disintegrators. Very effective against non-hordes.

Fun/craziest: Nightspear and massed rangers. Army wide -2 to hit, every gun causes mortal wounds, everything infiltrates Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts?   Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 13 2017, 14:37

Well, my partner and I have decided on an EXTREMELY silly teamup.
Which he is calling: "Operation Brain Bugs and Shadow Monsters".

He is planning on taking a Hivefleet Kronos Neurothrope, 5 Zoanthropes, 6 Zoanthropes and a Maleceptor, filling out the last few points with a mass of Termagants.

I plan on adding to this 3x 5 Warriors and two Medusa to get the basic Battalion out, and then........3x 10 Mandrakes, and a Voidraven.

This is our starting plan at least, and it depends on whether the parts I;ve ordered for more Mandrakes arrive in time for me to work on them.....

Your thoughts? I can imagine what some of them might be, but it'd be fun to hear them anyway.

Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts?   Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 13 2017, 14:47

Medusae are Elites, not HQ choices, so that's not a valid detachment.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts?   Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 13 2017, 16:09

Hmm. Balls.Of course they are.

Gonna have to rethink a little......

Suggestions?

That don't include removing all of the Mandrakes? (They're the important part)

Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts?   Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 13 2017, 19:14

Well you can't run Ynnari with mandrakes so you can't use warlocks as a cheap HQ tax, which means you'll have to use Archons to fill it which is double the points of your original HQ tax. So it seems your just gonna have to bite the bullet and lose a few mandrakes so you can actually field the list.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts?   Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats your worst/beardiest 900pts?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Warhammer 40,000 Discussion
-
Jump to: