THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First 2000 point list

Go down 
+2
Burnage
Rampage9012
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rampage9012
Slave
Rampage9012

First 2000 point list Empty
PostSubject: First 2000 point list   First 2000 point list I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14 2017, 17:34

Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum and finally after months of toying with the idea I have finally delved into that which is the drukhari. Fluff and models wise I love the look of them and after years of playing other factions I fancied a change. It was sealed when I saw the tantalus a couple weeks back when I visited Sarah,,er world for the first time.

With the London GT fast approaching I have built a list after playing around with units and come up with the following., any feedback would be much appreciated.

2000 points
Battalion
6 cp

HQ
HQ1: Drazhar
HQ2: Lelith Hesperax w/ penetrating blade

Troops
T1: 5 xKabalit Warriors, shredder, Sybarite w/ phantasm grenade launcher, splinter rifle
T2: 5 xKabalit Warriors, shredder, Sybarite w/ phantasm grenade launcher, splinter rifle
T3: 5 x Wyches, hydra gauntlets, Hekatrix w/ hekatarii blade, splinter pistol
T4: 5 x Wyches, hydra gauntlets, Hekatrix w/ hekatarii blade, splinter pistol

Elites
E1: 5 x Incubi
E2: 5 x Incubi
E3: 5 x Mandrakes

Fast Attack
FA1: 8 x Reavers, 2w/ blasters and grav-talons, champion w/ agoniser
FA2: 5 x Scourges, 4 w/ blasters, Solarite w/ shardcarbine

Heavy Support
HS1: Ravager w/ 3 dark lance, shock prow
HS2: Tantalus
HS3: Tantalus.

Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: First 2000 point list   First 2000 point list I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14 2017, 18:18

I'm going to be a bit blunt here, but there's quite a lot of this list that I would strongly recommend against.

Ditch Drazhar. Ditch Lelith. Ditch the Shredders. Probably ditch the Wyches. Definitely ditch the Reavers. That right there frees up ~650 points to spend on more effective units.

Bring more Dark Lances. A ton more Dark Lances. You've only got 3, when the more typical advice for a 2k point list is 15-20. Stick them on your Scourges instead of Blasters at the very least, although you might also want to consider bringing Trueborn and arming them with Blasters and Dark Lances.

Back to top Go down
Rampage9012
Slave
Rampage9012

PostSubject: Re: First 2000 point list   First 2000 point list I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14 2017, 18:50

Was thinking that blasters would be more effective on scourges as they would have a better chance to hit, but this is the reason why I posted the list on here.

Just so I can understand the reasoning behind it, could you please elaborate why you would drop both hq’s And the reavers please?
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: First 2000 point list   First 2000 point list I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14 2017, 19:17

I used to take blasters on scourges but have found them a lot more effective with lances, i have a mix of them dropping in and camping out in terrain. Sounds a bit counter intuitive but it works!

Reavers are just too expensive for what they do.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: First 2000 point list   First 2000 point list I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14 2017, 19:24

The -1 to hit on moving Scourges is a problem, but it's more than made up for by the increased range and D6 damage.

Reavers are obscenely expensive currently. Each one costs nearly the same as an entire unit of Kabalites, but only brings the firepower of a single Warrior. Every time I've used them it's ended up feeling like a complete waste of the points.

For the special HQs, again I'd say they're too expensive for what they do, although that's basically true for all of our HQs at the moment. You'll get relatively more benefit from a dirt cheap Archon or Haemonculus.

In general, what's your planned strategy with the list?
Back to top Go down
Rampage9012
Slave
Rampage9012

PostSubject: Re: First 2000 point list   First 2000 point list I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14 2017, 19:51

Haha I suppose that would have helped...

Ok so currently, A unit of warriors, Wyches and Incubi in each tantalus with an hq in each. Tantalus has 12 shots and very tasty for the first u it charging in hopefully negating overwatch for the Wyches and Incubi to pile in. Wyches to hold them in place, ultra marines tactics allow them to fall back and shoot as if they had the fly keyword.

Mandrakes to arrive turn 3, whilst scourges and reavers applying early pressure straight off the bat along with the ravager. I’m thinking the tantalus would be a fire magnet plus I’ve had relatively good success with the reavers. Plus they are quick for any objective grabbing options.

This is only a first draft of the list, and there is 6 months to go before the deadline, in that time I know the list will change all for the better, with advice and ideas from here as well as a lot of play testing I’m hoping to make a well balanced and competitive list, as well as chapter approved and hopefully the codex release before the end of April.

I see your point with the reavers and the scourges mind, and have the ability to swap things around, what would you consider swapping the reavers out for?
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: First 2000 point list   First 2000 point list I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14 2017, 20:08

Quote :
I see your point with the reavers and the scourges mind, and have the ability to swap things around, what would you consider swapping the reavers out for?
Beasts for sure. Khymera for a decent infantry shredder on a budget, Clawed Fiends for heavy hitters, and Flocks for effective screens against Deep Strike.

They're built to be spammed, so avoid the expensive and utterly awful Finecast GW models at all costs.

Aside from that, more Scourges are never a bad idea. To add to the previous discussion, Dark Lances offer some versatility that is lacking with Blasters. Extra range means they can usually serve as static first turn firing platform, or a versatile strike force later in the game. I usually wait to deploy them last, either sticking them in cover, safe from small arms, or up in the sky to avoid first turn shooting.

Edit: In regards to the Beasts, as well. An Archon (warlord) on a Tantalus will serve you well in mitigating casualties from morale.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: First 2000 point list   First 2000 point list I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14 2017, 21:02

Ditch the reavers and add a 3rd tantalus!!
Back to top Go down
Rampage9012
Slave
Rampage9012

PostSubject: Re: First 2000 point list   First 2000 point list I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14 2017, 21:38

It is tempting lol
Back to top Go down
Rampage9012
Slave
Rampage9012

PostSubject: Re: First 2000 point list   First 2000 point list I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 14 2017, 22:54

Ok so, slight change to the list, I haven’t touched the hq’s Yet, but I have changed scourges to lances, dropped the reavers and mandrakes, in place I have included a voidraven with missiles and a second ravager. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Rampage9012
Slave
Rampage9012

PostSubject: Re: First 2000 point list   First 2000 point list I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 15 2017, 15:14

I have been thinking about what you all have said and tweaked a little more with the list, again feedback would be great. Currently I have 31 points left to use, ive no idea what to do with them, list is below:

++ Battalion Detachment (Aeldari - Drukhari) [102 PL, 1969pts] ++

+ HQ +

Archon: Huskblade, Splinter pistol

Succubus: Splinter pistol

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors
. 4x Kabalite Warrior
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Kabalite Warriors
. 4x Kabalite Warrior
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

Wyches
. Hekatrix: Hekatarii blade, Splinter pistol
. 3x Wych
. Wych with Wych Weapon: Hydra gauntlets

Wyches
. Hekatrix: Hekatarii blade, Splinter pistol
. 3x Wych
. Wych with Wych Weapon: Hydra gauntlets

+ Elites +

Incubi
. 4x Incubi
. Klaivex: Klaive

Incubi
. 4x Incubi
. Klaivex: Klaive

Mandrakes: 4x Mandrake, Nightfiend

+ Fast Attack +

Scourges
. 3 x Scourge with Special / Heavy weapon: Dark Lance
. Solarite: Shardcarbine

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager: 3 x Dark Lance, Shock Prow

Tantalus

Tantalus

+ Flyer +

Razorwing Jetfighter: 2 Disintegrator Cannons, Splinter Cannon

Voidraven: Two void lances, Voidraven Missiles

++ Total: [102 PL, 1969pts] ++
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: First 2000 point list   First 2000 point list I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 15 2017, 15:29

Overall, looking pretty good!

Namely, I think some wargear changes are all that's needed to make an excellent list.

I played around with your list a bit in BattleScribe, and I offer the following suggestions.

Swap the Huskblade for an Agonizer on the Archon - It's just not worth it.
Put a Blast Pistol on the Succubus - It'll give your Byches some emergency anti-big guy.

Give the Hekatrix's agonizers as well. It'll rarely fail to disappoint, considering they're at 3 attacks base.

Elites and Fast Attack are fine

I'd recommend swapping the Dark Lances for Disintegrator Cannons on the Ravager...they're usually comparable in damage against vehicles, while being far more versatile. You have plenty of S8, not enough S5.

Drop the Splinter Cannon on the Razorwing. You need to to fit the dissies in (they'll be much better AI)

I think you'll have a really solid list if you do that!

Slave
Rampage9012

PostSubject: Re: First 2000 point list   First 2000 point list I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 15 2017, 15:46

Thanks for those suggestions, actually looks a lot better and feel that the list has more of an answer to a variety of things. I was toying with the idea of DC’s vs DL’s on the razorwing, didn’t think to look at the ravager.

It’s amazing how many more points the 2 original Hq’s Are as well as the reavers compared to a lot of the other units available in he current index.

If and when the codex does drop, if the HQ’s and reavers took a points drop, (with no rules changes) in your opinion would they become viable? They are lovely models after all
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: First 2000 point list   First 2000 point list I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 15 2017, 16:52

Splintermind is the Dark Eldar podcast run by Thor and EvilSpace Elf. I believe it's Thor who's rule of thumb is:

If the unit was half the points would i take it? If so, its a functional unit, just over costed.

If reavers drop, yes hell yes ill run them. In fact, they might in the chapter approved.

Idk about the named HQs off hand but i think lelith would be decent if her points dropped and i just dont see why id use drhazar, hes a +1 to hit when incubi are 3+ to hit going to 2+ by turn 3. That being said, if his cost was that of the archon hed be better than the archon (whos buff is also weak)

Also mandrakes are bomb IMO, i really like them, but they arent tier 1. I'll always run the for utility tho

Slave
Rampage9012

PostSubject: Re: First 2000 point list   First 2000 point list I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 15 2017, 19:47

To me Mandrakes on paper look good, however I have yet to run them. With the rumours of the lion coming to play this Xmas, as well as all the crazy 3++ lots of units are getting, any chance to cause a mortal wound is too good a thing to pass up... plus’s if the enemy is shooting at them, either my army is wiped or it’s saving shots toward units like the second tantalus or the ravager.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: First 2000 point list   First 2000 point list I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 15 2017, 19:53

Mandrakes are (very) good, but I don't think you should wait until turn 3 to get them on the board. Games in 8th edition, especially at tournaments, are frequently decided in the first 2 turns so you shouldn't be holding your deep strikers back for too long.
Back to top Go down
Rampage9012
Slave
Rampage9012

PostSubject: Re: First 2000 point list   First 2000 point list I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 15 2017, 23:17

That is true, plus it depends on the army and mission that you are playing... Friday is the first day of many play testing games, so shall see how it goes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First 2000 point list   First 2000 point list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First 2000 point list
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-