THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The unholy arsenal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

The unholy arsenal Empty
PostSubject: The unholy arsenal   The unholy arsenal I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17 2017, 23:08

So, let us toy with some relic choices for our discerning Archons and retainers.

Mask of the Damned (any HQ): A mask of flayed skin that projects the most horrifying fears of those who behold it. Any unit attacking the bearer in the fight phase must roll 2d6. if the result is lower than their leadership they are at -1 to hit against the bearer for that fight phase. if the result is higher than their leadership they are at -1 to hit AND -1 attack (minimum of 1 attack) for that fight phase.

Nightmare Doll (Any HQ): the creation of Nightmare Dolls is a risky practice in Commorragh, as the Dark Eldar view those who use psychic powers as amusing playthings. These vile toys ooze an aura of pain, and can place their owner in a feverish delirium whereby they are often granted visions of the future.
Note:
A model equipped with a nightmare doll may force his opponent to reroll the dice for deployment type, table edge, first turn, and/or seize the initiative. If they do so, roll a d6 and on a 4+ the bearer suffers a mortal wound at the start of the game.

Goblet of Spite (Succubus only): The Goblet of Spite is a relic of the Wych cults that generates an almost palpable aura of hatred, driving those nearby into a state of savage frenzy. The bearer and other cult units within 6" gain +1 to hit in the fight phase, ignore penalties to hit in the fight phase, and generate additional attacks on a to hit roll of 6+ in the fight phase. These attacks cannot generate additional attacks.

Note: While this may seem overpowered at a glance, the fact is that the bearer is already hitting on 2+ and as of turn 3 so will all the Wyches near them. Negative hit modifiers in melee are fairly rare as well, meaning that the most relevant ability is generating additional attacks on 6+ to hit, something that is widely available to many armies. yes the +1 to hit from this and PFP stack up to generate extra attacks on 4+ but that isn't exactly unique to this relic either, as both Chaos and CWE can easily stack abilities to generate extra attacks on 4+ with the right unit.
Back to top Go down
Faitherun
Sybarite
Faitherun

The unholy arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The unholy arsenal   The unholy arsenal I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18 2017, 03:47

OOOH RELICS!

Crystaline Kiss: A glass rifle. Sniper. Wounds Infantry and Bikes on a 3+. Range 36, assault 1, Str 1, AP-3, Damage 2. If it wounds on a 6+, double the damage.

Vortex of Terror. Range 12, grenade 1, one use. If this grenade hits, the unit takes a LD test at -2, losing models in the same fashion as a failed morale check.

Gladiatorial Whip. Wyche unit only. Replaces an Agoniser. Meele, Str user, AP - 3, Damage 2. Each attack that hits with this weapon may generate an additional attack. These additional attacks may not generate more attacks.

Drug Dispenser. A model with this may choose a different drug each turn - may not be the same as in the previous turn.

Spine Gauntlet: Coven Unit only. Range 12, Str 5, Assault 3, Ap - , Damage 1.
Meele, Str +2, Ap -2, Damage 1
A unit killed by this weapon adds one to the number of shots and attacks made with it. Stacks up to three times

Command Night Shield: Raider only. Units attacking it may never hit on better than a 6+. If they hit on a fixed roll, They hit on a -2 to that fixed roll instead.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

The unholy arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The unholy arsenal   The unholy arsenal I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18 2017, 04:51

More 3rd edition goodness:

Xenospasm (replaces Phantasm Grenade Launcher): As Phantasm Grenade Launcher, but Strength 3 AP -2 Damage d3.
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

The unholy arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The unholy arsenal   The unholy arsenal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19 2017, 06:35

Faitherun wrote:
Crystaline Kiss: A glass rifle. Sniper. Wounds Infantry and Bikes on a 3+. Range 36, assault 1, Str 1, AP-3, Damage 2. If it wounds on a 6+, double the damage.

D3 mortal wounds on a 6 to wound would probably make this to good. I just want the hexrifle haemonculus to actually have a point.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

The unholy arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The unholy arsenal   The unholy arsenal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19 2017, 07:10

Horrorfex Grenade Launcher.

A different loadout for the back-mounted Launchers popular amongst ranking Commorite Raiders. These grenades contain tailored hallucinogens that induce paranoia and panic, tricking the afflicted into offloading a terrified burst of fire into the nearest moving target.

18", Assault D3, S8, AP-1, D0, this weapon rolls to wound against Leadership rather than Toughness. An Infantry, Biker or Monster model that suffers an unsaved wound from this weapon must immediately make a shooting attack with all available weapons, targeting the nearest unit that is not its own unit.

I'd also suggest a Vehicle version of both this grenade Launcher and the Phantasm.

24", Assault D6 and 1 extra point.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

The unholy arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The unholy arsenal   The unholy arsenal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19 2017, 13:29

That HGL is pretty sick!

Wych
Ikol

The unholy arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The unholy arsenal   The unholy arsenal I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19 2017, 18:29

RedRegicide wrote:
That HGL is pretty sick!

Thanks!
Brother-Sergeant Detritus:

Just something quick I smashed out, admittedly hindered by my minimalistic understanding of Space Marine fluff.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The unholy arsenal Empty
PostSubject: Re: The unholy arsenal   The unholy arsenal I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The unholy arsenal
Page 1 of 1