THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Please help - Dark Elder Starter guide :)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mumakil
Slave
Mumakil

Please help - Dark Elder Starter guide :) Empty
PostSubject: Please help - Dark Elder Starter guide :)   Please help - Dark Elder Starter guide :) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20 2017, 14:24

Hey Community,

me and my friends want to start playing WH 40k. And i want to revieve my old hobby ....
I got an old Codex of the DE and old Rulebook. I played WH 40k in the past during the 3rd Edition. So my last match was long ago.

I want to start playing Dark Eldar again ... or Drukahri [which sounds wierd to me] its caled these days Very Happy Also the new models don't fit my prefernces. But this is another topic...

So i bought an 2nd hand army at ebay all models are 3rd Edition. The model list looks like this:

1 Archon
1 Haemunculus
1 Drazahr

40 Kabal Warriors
5 Scourges
1 Talon
10 Whyches or Hagashin (not sure Smile )
10 Incubi
4 Raider
2 Jet Bikes

My friend told me we want to play the 8th edition rules...WoOt?! 8th Edition i said?!?! He said it will we better because this rules seems to be much more easy to play und the game should be more fluent. He got the rulebooks. But we will see us this weekend for a match...so now my questions:

1.) Can i download the new Rules and the new Codex somewhere? I can remember that GW gave out the new rules for free while introducing age of sigmar in WH Fantasy ?!?!

2.) I also read the there are Sub Codexs with other rules in addition to the normal one?? Something like AddOns? Where are this rules written and how do i get them ? (Haemunculus Cult or so...)

3.) Has anyone an advice how i can get the best armylist out of my stock? Especialy because i dont know the new rules?

I would be happy if someone would help me and give some advice.

Greeting and thx
Muma

pls be kind because of my bad english  Embarassed  Embarassed

Last edited by Mumakil on Mon Nov 20 2017, 14:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Please help - Dark Elder Starter guide :)   Please help - Dark Elder Starter guide :) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20 2017, 14:36

The good : The basic new rules can be found here:
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-DK/Warhammer-40000-Rules
The bad : The addons are not here yet as far as I know. In most codexes there are
rules which could be considered different sub codexes, not like haemy cult, but like different
craftworlds, and different hive fleets, but this is just represented by an detachment rule. Same with
things like the cityplay etc, where there is an page of rules in the core rulebook.
The ugly : Now you might notice me mentioning detachments which are not in the basic free rules
above, the above is only the basic rules and quite a few things for matched play are missing, as are
the rules for the unit's themselves, those can be found in the relevant codex or index (which you still
have to buy or borrow from someone)
Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

PostSubject: Re: Please help - Dark Elder Starter guide :)   Please help - Dark Elder Starter guide :) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20 2017, 20:24

Sounds like you're friend has got a copy of the core rules which is good, so make sure to have a read through those. You will need a copy of Index Xenos 1, retail price of £15 in the UK with the specific rules for Dark Eldar (now named Drukhari). In addition, you will need to purchase another book called Chapter Approved which is going up for pre-order this Saturday which will contain additional rules for Dark Eldar and points changes for all armies. Price is not known yet.

As for a starting game, I would say from your models to try a Battalion detachment. This requires a minimum of two HQ choices, and three troop choices. I would recommend using power levels at first while you get the hang of the game.

Try something like this:
Haemonculus
Drazhar
3 x 10 Kabalite Warriors in Raiders
9 Incubi in Raider (Drazhar joins)
Scourge
Talos - keep with the Haemonculus

Should be a fun little army. If you are going to expand on it in the near future, try and get your hands on Ravagers/Razorwing Jetfighters/Voidraven Bombers to give you some heavy firepower to help against larger enemy units such as tanks and monsters.

Good luck and have fun!

Slave
Mumakil

PostSubject: Re: Please help - Dark Elder Starter guide :)   Please help - Dark Elder Starter guide :) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 21 2017, 11:20

Thanks allot for the help.

Yeah my friend got the basic rulebook and the xenos 1 add on. I read the the Craftsworld part and the Drukahri army part. But for me there are some questions left.

I am missing the old sepperation in HQ/Elite/Standard etc.? Or am i some kind of blind???

I also cant find out the group information. I mean in wich troops the archon/heamunculus can join? Kabalite Warriors? Or just can Elite (Succubus/Mandrakes/Trueborn?) group up with an Archon?

I also miss the kabale cults/ wyches Cults? Are they important? Are there special rules or abilities?

I can remember that if u play Lillith Hesperax there were special rules that u cant play grotesques, whyches become Standard and ravager/raider are Elites.

If someone can help me with the questions i would be realy happy. Or if someone can tell me where in the rulesbooks i can find this info i would also be very happy.

Greetings Muma
Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

PostSubject: Re: Please help - Dark Elder Starter guide :)   Please help - Dark Elder Starter guide :) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 21 2017, 14:00

There are icons at the top of each unit's datasheet that specify which battlefield role it is. HQ, Troops etc. Those icons are defined in the core rulebook.

Characters cannot join units like in previous editions. To help them stay alive for longer, they cannot be targeted by enemy shooting unless they are the nearest model (there are of course exceptions to this rule). You can however mix whatever units you like within a transport vehicle, subject to any restrictions on that vehicle's datasheet. For example you could have a Haemonculus, a Succubus, an Archon and 7 Kabalite Warriors all riding in the same Raider. Restrictions are defined using keywords, which are at the bottom of every unit's datasheet.

The HQ characters provide area of effect buffs to nearby units that have a certain keyword in their data sheet. For example a Succubus allows all Wych Cult units within 6" to re-roll 1s to hit in close combat. Other than that there are no restrictions or benefits to using only Wych Cult, Kabal, Covens etc. This may change when our codex is released, but for now mix and match as you please.

I would suggest to try reading the rules through as if it is a completely different game. The way things work has changed drastically since 3rd edition.

Slave
Mumakil

PostSubject: Re: Please help - Dark Elder Starter guide :)   Please help - Dark Elder Starter guide :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 22 2017, 13:00

Thx allot Heka!

This helps me allot. Okay i designed my army equal the detachment list. Because of my restriction trough my models i can fullfill only patroll and battalion detachmemt. I left out the Haemonculus and put in a succubus with wyches. Just because i am a fan of them ^_^

My last two questions are...to fullfill the detachments i need flyers...

1.) Are raiders (transporter) the same like a flyer? Because the symbol is different?

2.) The basic equipment of the units still dont cost combat points? Right? But if i swich it for other equipment i still need to add combat point? e.g. Kabalite Warrior switches his basic splintercannon for a dark lance (+20 points)

Thanks allot for your support.

Greetings Muma
Back to top Go down
hekatrixxy
Kabalite Warrior
hekatrixxy

PostSubject: Re: Please help - Dark Elder Starter guide :)   Please help - Dark Elder Starter guide :) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 22 2017, 20:00

You don't need to fill out all of the slots in a detachment. For example in a battalion, you must take 2 HQ and 3 Troops, but the rest of the slots are optional. So while you can take up to 2 flyers in a battalion, you can take 0, 1 or 2. It's up to you and how many points/power level you have available.

Raiders and Venoms have the dedicated transport battlefield role which is different from previous editions. For each non-transport unit you take in a detachment, you can then add in a dedicated transport. For example, if you had a battalion with an Archon, a Succubus, two units of Kabalite Warriors and a unit of Wyches you would have five units total. This would mean you could take up to five Raiders/Venoms.

Raiders/Venoms have the FLY keyword, which some special rules interact with, but they do not have the Flyer battlefield role like Razorwing Jetfighters and Voidraven Bombers.

All equipment costs points, including basic equipment. In many cases the points for the basic equipment are zero. For example splinter rifles for Kabalite Warriors are zero points. The Archon on the other hand has a Husk Blade (10 points) and a Splinter Pistol (0 points) as his basic equipment which makes him 64 points total to being with. The points can go up or down depending on equipment. For example, many players will swap out the Husk Blade for an Agoniser (4 points) to save points, and then swap the Splinter Pistol for a Blaster (15 points).

PostSubject: Re: Please help - Dark Elder Starter guide :)   Please help - Dark Elder Starter guide :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please help - Dark Elder Starter guide :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: