THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Brief Report: 2v2 Dark Eldar/Space Marines vs. Double Tyranids, 100PL Each

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chastian
Slave
Chastian

Brief Report: 2v2 Dark Eldar/Space Marines vs. Double Tyranids, 100PL Each Empty
PostSubject: Brief Report: 2v2 Dark Eldar/Space Marines vs. Double Tyranids, 100PL Each   Brief Report: 2v2 Dark Eldar/Space Marines vs. Double Tyranids, 100PL Each I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20 2017, 16:41

My list consisted of (approximately):

Archon
Succubus

x20 Kab Warriors
x20 Wyches
x10 Trueborn

x2 Raiders
x2 Ravagers
x2 Venoms

Voidraven
x6 Reavers

My ally had some drop pods and some light armor with about 30 or 40 marines. The opponents had a massive Tyranid collection. I don't know much about them, however they had combined collection on the board with 5-6 heavies and between the two about 140-160 models of Gaunts/Genestelers combined with some flying creatures. They easily had 200 models or more on the table (we used double tables)

I don't have a lot of options with my DE yet, I'm still growing my collection and brought what I had.

Most of their army was "deep striking" so we setup in a way during deployment where the 9 inch bubble was impossible for them.

They frontal assaulted us, in short, they had too many models for us to remove. They went first and I immediately lost my 6 bikes and all my witches. My turn one, the Voidraven does well and I remove quite a few models elsewhere with my Raiders/Venoms.

Their turn 2, one of their big creatures double fire causing two wounds a piece and does something like 18 wounds on my Voidraven and goes down in flames. By the time my ally used his drop pods we were basically over ran. I was almost tabled by the end of their turn 3.

What worked well: I kited the gene stealers with my Venoms/Raiders well enough to loose them last. The Ravagers did well on taking down the big ticket items.

Not so well: Voidraven went down faster than I expected. My first time playing with it =(

Takeaway: I think the 5+ inv for Genestealers is insane. My lances ripped them but they kept making the saves. Having globs and globs of Genestealers seems very OP, at least in my first encounter.

Nids new dex is so strong. I'll never play double nids again. We lost 7-11 on points & objectives. Any advice on how to handle horde armies?
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

Brief Report: 2v2 Dark Eldar/Space Marines vs. Double Tyranids, 100PL Each Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brief Report: 2v2 Dark Eldar/Space Marines vs. Double Tyranids, 100PL Each   Brief Report: 2v2 Dark Eldar/Space Marines vs. Double Tyranids, 100PL Each I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20 2017, 17:03

Dark Eldar do not currently have units viable enough to stand against codex armies. The way to handle them is to not play them.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Brief Report: 2v2 Dark Eldar/Space Marines vs. Double Tyranids, 100PL Each   Brief Report: 2v2 Dark Eldar/Space Marines vs. Double Tyranids, 100PL Each I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20 2017, 17:09

Quote :
Nids new dex is so strong. I'll never play double nids again. We lost 7-11 on points & objectives. Any advice on how to handle horde armies?

It was an easy match up for us in the previous states of the game, where our poison (and sometimes dark light) could make short work of the HQs and big things, and the small things would be left unable to do anything without their leaders.

But now, nids don't really care about losing the Synapse creatures.

Some tips about your list composition (because when playing against top meta, if you expect to win, you have to try to reach a semi-meta build) :
- No reavers. Seriously (though this may change with chapter approved)
- No wyches
- No venoms

I've had some success against high nids army (not stomping them, but not losing everytime either) with my old time classic : spamming dissie ravagers, and raiders (dissie) with 10 kabs (dark lance) inside, obviously lead by a Haemy, the whole supported by dissie RWJF. You deploy on the edge of the map, and you play the whole game spamming 36" range attacks, using the poison shots to kill the deep striking units/fast units, and avoiding enemy eye contact.

Slave
Chastian

PostSubject: Re: Brief Report: 2v2 Dark Eldar/Space Marines vs. Double Tyranids, 100PL Each   Brief Report: 2v2 Dark Eldar/Space Marines vs. Double Tyranids, 100PL Each I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20 2017, 17:26

Mppqlmd wrote:
Quote :

It was an easy match up for us in the previous states of the game, where our poison (and sometimes dark light) could make short work of the HQs and big things, and the small things would be left unable to do anything without their leaders.

But now, nids don't really care about losing the Synapse creatures.

Some tips about your list composition (because when playing against top meta, if you expect to win, you have to try to reach a semi-meta build) :
- No reavers. Seriously (though this may change with chapter approved)
- No wyches
- No venoms

I've had some success against high nids army (not stomping them, but not losing everytime either) with my old time classic : spamming dissie ravagers, and raiders (dissie) with 10 kabs (dark lance) inside, obviously lead by a Haemy, the whole supported by dissie RWJF. You deploy on the edge of the map, and you play the whole game spamming 36" range attacks, using the poison shots to kill the deep striking units/fast units, and avoiding enemy eye contact.

Noted my friend thank you for the insight.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Brief Report: 2v2 Dark Eldar/Space Marines vs. Double Tyranids, 100PL Each   Brief Report: 2v2 Dark Eldar/Space Marines vs. Double Tyranids, 100PL Each I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 20 2017, 18:00

I hate that approach to the game, and i wish we could play more than those 4 units and still have a chance to win. Unfortunatly, against nids, it's really not the case... even when spamming your chances are not that great, but if you go full fluffy and pick the units you find cool.... yeah, you're not going to win.

PostSubject: Re: Brief Report: 2v2 Dark Eldar/Space Marines vs. Double Tyranids, 100PL Each   Brief Report: 2v2 Dark Eldar/Space Marines vs. Double Tyranids, 100PL Each I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brief Report: 2v2 Dark Eldar/Space Marines vs. Double Tyranids, 100PL Each
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: