THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2+ save, and in cover

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

2+ save, and in cover Empty
PostSubject: 2+ save, and in cover   2+ save, and in cover I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 22 2017, 07:06

just a question that has been bothering me. Say a terminator is in cover, and you shoot him with an ap -3 weapon. Does he get a 4+ save, or a 5+ save? Im thinking it works like the 1+ saves that used to be in WHFB, but I wanted to make sure
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

2+ save, and in cover Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2+ save, and in cover   2+ save, and in cover I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 22 2017, 07:13

A roll of a 1 is always a fail for a saving throw, regardless of whatever modifiers are applied, that is a rule.

In this system (I'm unfamiliar with WHFB) modifiers such as AP-3 and +1 cover are not applied to the save, but to the roll.

The Termi still has a 2+ save, but because you are subtracting 3 from the roll (AP-3), you actually need the D6 to display a 5+.

However, you are also adding 1 to the roll (cover) meaning you need a roll of 4+.

Just remember that modifiers are applied to the roll, not the save, and that they are applied simultaneously and you should be fine.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down

2+ save, and in cover
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: