THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Of Aspect Warriors and Exarchs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

Of Aspect Warriors and Exarchs Empty
PostSubject: Of Aspect Warriors and Exarchs   Of Aspect Warriors and Exarchs I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 22 2017, 09:47

So, I'm looking through the CWE codex and I'm struck by something. Is there any reason, any reason AT ALL, to NOT take an Exarch?

They cost the same, and give you an extra wound and attack to boot.
There's no lost Wargear, or increased Wargear cost as the upgrades are always optional.

So why is it an option? Fluff?

And why, WHY, would you, as a player, ever take the option of 'I want this unit to have 1 less wound and 1 less attack for the same price'.

Anything from the crowds?

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Of Aspect Warriors and Exarchs   Of Aspect Warriors and Exarchs I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 22 2017, 09:51

My only thought might be that if you're taking several small squads you might not actually have enough Exarch models. Other than that, it seems a no brainer.

Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Of Aspect Warriors and Exarchs   Of Aspect Warriors and Exarchs I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 22 2017, 10:04

Count Adhemar wrote:
My only thought might be that if you're taking several small squads you might not actually have enough Exarch models. Other than that, it seems a no brainer.

But even if you don't have enough Exarch models, just say that they're carrying the same gear and use some other indicator (something on the base, a specific stance that you've split the MSU up into appearing only once in each unit, whatever.

Anyway, glad to see I'm not the only one confused by this.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Of Aspect Warriors and Exarchs   Of Aspect Warriors and Exarchs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Of Aspect Warriors and Exarchs
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: