THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Cotiere/Craftworld custom question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Duke Swajius
Slave
Duke Swajius

Cotiere/Craftworld custom question Empty
PostSubject: Cotiere/Craftworld custom question   Cotiere/Craftworld custom question I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 26 2017, 01:41

Reading the new craftworlds codex along with the imperial armor xenos it seems as though I could make my own craftworld, with whatever attribute I want, and alter any of the <craftworld> <cotiere> <conclave> accordingly and have them fit. Am I missing something here, or could I theoretically have a craftworld of elf space pirates rampaging around the universe?
Back to top Go down
Garion
Kabalite Warrior
Garion

PostSubject: Re: Cotiere/Craftworld custom question   Cotiere/Craftworld custom question I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 28 2017, 08:49

You can create your own <craftworld> keyword, or <coterie> keyword, or <conclave> keyword, or <kabal> keyword, or <chapter> keyword and so on but they will remain a <craftworld> keyword, or a <coterie> keyword, or a <conclave> keyword, or a <kabal> keyword, or a <chapter> keyword

So you can't create a MYCRAFTWORLD keyword and replace all the <craftworld>, <coterie> and <conclave> instances

What you can do is create a <craftworld> keyword called MYCRAFTWORLD and replace all the <craftworld> instance in your detachment with MYCRAFTWORLD and all those units will have the Craftworld Attribute that you have chosen for your keyword from the 5 Craftworld Attributes in the book (keep in mind that you will not get access to the stratagems / relics / warlord traits that are specific to the 5 main Craftworlds)

Then, you can create <coterie> keyword (or one or more types of keyword) and call it MYCRAFTWORLD too and apply it to the relevant units but it will not be the same thing as the <craftworld> keyword you created before (so no Craftworld Attributes for your Corsairs)

My blog: A painting chaos
Back to top Go down
http://apaintingchaos.blogspot.it
Duke Swajius
Slave
Duke Swajius

PostSubject: Re: Cotiere/Craftworld custom question   Cotiere/Craftworld custom question I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30 2017, 23:58

I can still have an Alderi army though, but only the craftworld units would get any craftworld bonuses though, correct?
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Cotiere/Craftworld custom question   Cotiere/Craftworld custom question I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01 2017, 02:37

You need to run pure detachments of one craftworld to get the benefits - you can't run Alaitoc Rangers and ulthwe warlocks and get both benefits in the same detachment.

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Garion
Kabalite Warrior
Garion

PostSubject: Re: Cotiere/Craftworld custom question   Cotiere/Craftworld custom question I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01 2017, 08:30

Duke Swajius wrote:
I can still have an Alderi army though, but only the craftworld units would get any craftworld bonuses though, correct?

Not entirely. It will depend on how your Aeldari army is built

Only CraftWorlds Detachments get the Craftworld Attributes rule and a CraftWorlds Detachment is a detachment that contains only Asuryani units.

So, if your Aeldari army is made of, let's say, an Asuryani-only detachment and a Aeldari one (with a mix of Asuryani and Drukhari units for example) only the Asuryani units in the first detachment will benefit from the Attribute of their Craftworld keyword (if all units share the same Craftworld keyword, Phoenix Lords excluded). The Asuryani units in the Aeldari detachment will not get the Craftworld Attribute at all.

My blog: A painting chaos
Back to top Go down
http://apaintingchaos.blogspot.it
Duke Swajius
Slave
Duke Swajius

PostSubject: Re: Cotiere/Craftworld custom question   Cotiere/Craftworld custom question I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 04 2017, 05:06

Ok, that's good I like a mix for the pirate theme.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cotiere/Craftworld custom question   Cotiere/Craftworld custom question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cotiere/Craftworld custom question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

AELDARI ALLIES

:: Craftworld Eldar, Ynnari, Harlequins & Corsairs
-
Jump to: