THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)

Go down 
+12
Tounguekutter
Ikol
Dr.Morbid
Kantalla
Koldan
Massaen
dumpeal
|Meavar
Barrywise
Count Adhemar
Myrvn
RedRegicide
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dr.Morbid
Hellion
Dr.Morbid

Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 10 2018, 13:45

Correct, it's a hyphon. I just wanted to seperate the Daggers from the Mane, nothing more.
And thanx for approving!

Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 14 2018, 18:50

So, for clarification, the ruling is Serpentin is not useless on a Succubus, and in fact if she has it and is not suffering from any negative modifiers, will auto-hit?

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 14 2018, 19:04

Only time you auto-hit is when the weapons explicitly state that you do, like flamers. You allways miss on a roll of 1(Dice value), no matter whan kinds of modifiers you may have.

Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15 2018, 00:16

Essentially a Succubus with Serpentin has a WS 1+.

So on a roll of 1 they miss, because rolls of 1 always miss. They can reroll 1s from their aura.

On a roll of 2, you compare the result with modifier against the WS to see if you have a hit. Against models without a hit modifer, the Glaive would reduce the result to 1, which means a hit against WS 1+.

If you ran into a unit with a further hit modifier, such a Mandrakes then a roll of 2 when attacking with the Archite Glaive, would get modified to 0 and would still miss, even with WS 1+.

Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15 2018, 16:06

So Serpentin is beneficial to a Succubus then, as it counteracts neg. modifiers. What it doesn't do is guarantee auto-hits. Got it. Thank you. Very Happy

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 15 2018, 16:24

However, because of the -1 on the to-hit roll, Blood Dancer normally doesn't occur for turns 1 and 2. until you get the +1 to hit from PfP on turn 3, then you need a 6 to-hit roll.

Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05 2018, 05:28

However, it makes sense to put Serpentin on your Succubus so that way she can benefit from Blood Dancer from turn 1 on, yes?

Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05 2018, 07:16

Tounguekutter wrote:
However, it makes sense to put Serpentin on your Succubus so that way she can benefit from Blood Dancer from turn 1 on, yes?

Unfortunately not.
Serpentine gives +1 ws not +1 to hit, so the roll does not change because of serpentine so no additional chance to benefit from blood dancer.
Back to top Go down
Koldan
Kabalite Warrior
Koldan

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09 2018, 12:53

Kantalla wrote:

If you ran into a unit with a further hit modifier, such a Mandrakes then a roll of 2 when attacking with the Archite Glaive, would get modified to 0 and would still miss, even with WS 1+.

Not true, a roll can not be modified to anything less then 1. So a succubus with this drug is immune to any negative modifiers.
See for example the designer's commentary. This is also actually the reason why -1 to hit is so bad for overheating plasma weapons, else the chance of explosion would not be influenced by it.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09 2018, 14:15

Koldan wrote:
Kantalla wrote:

Not true, a roll can not be modified to anything less then 1.

As far as I can recall, that only applies to characteristic modifiers and even then only to S, T and LD.

Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09 2018, 20:44

Ok technically, yes the rolls can be modified to 0, -1, or even negative infinity. What the rules state though, is that after modifiers are applied and the final dice value is determined, any number that is below 1, becomes a 1 instead. So if you rolled a 2 and there is a -2 modifier but your model has a 1 WS. Rules As Written, your (2-2 =) 0 becomes a 1 instead, which still hits. Any natural 1's are still a miss though. I forget if this was in the Battle Primer, Big Rulebook or an FAQ...

And yes Adhemar, The rules also state that any Characteristic Stat/Value cannot be reduced to lower than 1.

Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09 2018, 21:16

So basically, a model with WS1+ will always hit, regardless of modifiers, unless it rolls a natural 1.

Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2019, 09:06

So, which drug is most usefull on Blood Dancer Tryptich Succubus?

Adrenalight (+1 Attack)?

Seems like Serpentine only slightly help against negative modifiers on glave and -1 to hit enemies.

Pippolele
Hellion
Pippolele

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2019, 20:48

Yes, Serpentine will not help trigger Blood Dancer.
Neither will Adrenalight but at least it gives you one more chance to do so (1 more attack)
That said to me 1 more attack (from 8 to 9 when all is said and done) is a marginal improvement and I'd rather give the drug to a big squad that can benefit the most from it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)   Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Add +1 to hit vs +1 WS (Serpentine)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: