THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reavers Reborn!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Reavers Reborn! Empty
PostSubject: Reavers Reborn!   Reavers Reborn! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 13 2017, 11:51

So, the Reaver Jetbike really doesn't earn its points at the moment. So I've brought it here into the shop for a bit of a tuneup. We'll be keeping points cost and stats the same for this, just tinkering with gear and special rules to make it worth its salt.

Part 1: Ranged offense.

What have we got here? A lone Splinter Rifle? on a 30+ point model? Is this a joke? Alright, that has to go.

Replacement:

Shardstorm Cannon
This unholy lovechild of the Shardcarbine and the Splinter Cannon is unique to the Reaver Jetbike. The construction has the ammunition supply built into the body of the bike, which is not an option for infantry, but the short barrel lacks the accuracy at range of the heavier cannon, making it unpopular with larger vehicles. For the lightning fast Reaver however, it offers a lot.

Range 18" Assault 6 Poisoned 4+ AP - Damage 1.

Much better.

2) Melee.

Let us be honest, Bladevanes are... actually pretty cool. I mean, Reavers hit a touch harder than a space marine with a chainsword thanks to that nifty AP -1 that the sword lacks. The problem is that two space marine style attacks really isn't much for 30 points, so what we need is MOAR!

Scything Assault
Reavers advance with blinding speed through the ranks of their foes, cutting them down like wheat before a scythe.

On the turn in which it charges, each Reaver Jetbike may fight twice in the Fight phase.

Double attacks on the charge? That sounds fun. Combo's well with combat drugs to give a potential 6 attacks on the charge, hardly something to sniff at!

3) Speed and maneuverability.

We are keeping the 8" advance. No question. Now that assault weapons are stock, maybe we'll even get to use it! but really, there is no reason that Reavers should ever NOT be moving flat out! Also, it would be a shame if they couldn't use that beautiful charge bonus EVERY turn...

Speed of Death
Reavers are one of the fastest implements of death in the Dark Eldar arsenal.

Reaver Jetbikes may charge on the same turn as they Advanced or Fell Back.

Okay, that is the start. What do you guys think? What should we do with the Gravtalon and Cluster Caltrops?
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

Reavers Reborn! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reavers Reborn!   Reavers Reborn! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 13 2017, 14:09

I think with those stats Gravtalons are fine and CC might become d3 mortal wounds or automatic instead of a roll.
Then I think the reavers are quite ok, thair main damage comes from their 6 shots and 4 attacks.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Reavers Reborn! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reavers Reborn!   Reavers Reborn! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 13 2017, 22:18

|Meavar wrote:
I think with those stats Gravtalons are fine and CC might become d3 mortal wounds or automatic instead of a roll.
Then I think the reavers are quite ok, thair main damage comes from their 6 shots and 4 attacks.

I think that the Gravtalon really needs to either be better, or be more numerous. as is, 1 talon per 3 bikes is too weak for the unit cost. Make it something that can be taken on every model, then its lackluster rules can be made up for by raw volume.
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

Reavers Reborn! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reavers Reborn!   Reavers Reborn! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 14 2017, 08:08

I would not mind that either, but then I would suggest dropping some shots from the bikes, make them melee mostly, with 4 attacks ap-1 and all of them a good chance to deal mortal wounds.

Lot's of poison, healthy powerfull (for DE) melee and reliable mortal wounds is in my mind a bit to much. It means that you reliably deal 1-2 mortal wounds, 6 normal wounds and 8s4ap-1 hits a turn , which is a bit much for 90 points on a pretty though mobile squad.
(And I slightly favor the idea of melee based reavers).
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Reavers Reborn! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reavers Reborn!   Reavers Reborn! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 14 2017, 08:51

Honestly, the gun puts out a lot of shots but no AP poison isn't impressing anyone. I see the S4 AP -1 being where its at for them, with the fact that it is only on the charge encouraging hit and run tactics rather than bogging the enemy down. Maybe make Talons a stock thing on all Reavers that gives a mortal wound on 6+ on the charge, with CCs as an option to deal some damage when the Reavers leave the fight or to discourage the enemy from leaving and thus keeping the Reavers in control?
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

Reavers Reborn! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reavers Reborn!   Reavers Reborn! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 14 2017, 10:36

I would agree that Talons as a standard would be better and more balanced, and would also suggest dropping the shots to Assault 3 instead.
I';d also suggest adding to Speed Of Death: ".....but may not Fallback and Advance in the same turn" just for balance.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Reavers Reborn! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reavers Reborn!   Reavers Reborn! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 14 2017, 10:44

Squidmaster wrote:
I would agree that Talons as a standard would be better and more balanced, and would also suggest dropping the shots to Assault 3 instead.
I';d also suggest adding to Speed Of Death: ".....but may not Fallback and Advance in the same turn" just for balance.
Well if we're dropping the shots to assault 3 might as well just make it a Shardcarbine.

Split the difference: 12" range, 4 shots.

And I thought that by default you could not fall back and advance in the same turn?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reavers Reborn! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reavers Reborn!   Reavers Reborn! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reavers Reborn!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-