THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Conceal/Reveal or Protect/Jinx

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aschen
Sybarite
Aschen

Conceal/Reveal or Protect/Jinx Empty
PostSubject: Conceal/Reveal or Protect/Jinx   Conceal/Reveal or Protect/Jinx I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 18 2017, 03:05

So Im playing in a league... My list is as follows (havent figured out if we're using Chapter approved points or not yet)

Farseer on a bike
Warlock

5 rangers
5 rangers
5 rangers

5 Shadow Spectres

10 Dark Reapers

3 War Walkers -6 lances

Im playing the army with the -1 to hit outside of 12". I was wondering if I should take conceal/reveal or Protect/jinx. I dunno which one will give me more protection for my dark reapers (who are really the key unit in the list)

Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Conceal/Reveal or Protect/Jinx   Conceal/Reveal or Protect/Jinx I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 18 2017, 03:46

Depends on what is shooting them of course.

Conceal will provide a -2 to hit with Alaitoc outside 12". Against BS3+ shooting that would mean hits would reduce from 3/6 to 2/6 which is a one third reduction in incoming damage. It is better against worse ballistic skill, making them immune to Ork shooting for example.

Protect would improve armour saves but the benefit would depend on the AP of the incoming shooting. With no AP it would reduce damage by a half, with -1 AP it would reduce damage by one third, with -2 AP it would reduce damage by one quarter, and so on.

On balance I would probably go Conceal against most opponents, but if you were facing someone with a lot of no AP shooting then perhaps protect would be worth it.

Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Conceal/Reveal or Protect/Jinx   Conceal/Reveal or Protect/Jinx I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 18 2017, 22:59

Conceal because it is great on the Specters -3 at 12+", And because if you have a good piece of LOS terrain you can deploy your reapers in or behind it, Move then Shoot, then Fire and Fade back to safety.

OR

Cut 1 war walker add a warlock and move Reapers and War Walkers to a spearhead detachment for an extra command point, and have both powers. also if you play with the corrected points this will come in at 1004. your current list is at 1059.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Conceal/Reveal or Protect/Jinx   Conceal/Reveal or Protect/Jinx I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 20 2017, 09:30

Take what you need with the game you need. That the great thing about powers.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conceal/Reveal or Protect/Jinx   Conceal/Reveal or Protect/Jinx I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conceal/Reveal or Protect/Jinx
Page 1 of 1