THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Stunclaws and Cluster Caltrops

Go down 
+2
Mppqlmd
Dmir
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dmir
Slave
Dmir

Stunclaws and Cluster Caltrops Empty
PostSubject: Stunclaws and Cluster Caltrops   Stunclaws and Cluster Caltrops I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 21 2017, 05:53

Hello all,
Long time lurker in the forums following the Dark Eldar from 5th edition. Overall I like 8th edition, but I feel like there was a big missed opportunity with the Hellion's stunclaw and the Reaver's Cluster caltrops. Back in 5th edition they had such interesting rules attached to really mess with opponents, now they're reduced to somewhat mediocre mortal wound generators.

I know this is far-fetched looking at GW's track record with the Dark Eldar, but I wish they had more interesting rules attached.

Example:
Stunclaw(melee): Same
Stunclaw(shooting) : 18" Assault 1 S* AP* D* : This weapon my target a <Character> even if it is not the closest unit. On a successful Hit roll, Roll-Off, if the enemy player does not win the roll-off you may pull the target D6" towards the Helliarch. The target suffers a mortal wound if successfully pulled.

Cluster caltrops(shooting) : 18" AssaultD6 S4 AP-1 D1: This weapon automatically hits its target. For each model removed by Cluster caltrops, that unit's movement, advance, and charge ranges are reduced by that amount.

Who knows, maybe GW will surprise us with our Codex someday???

Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Stunclaws and Cluster Caltrops   Stunclaws and Cluster Caltrops I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 21 2017, 16:22

Quote :
if the enemy player does not win the roll-off you may pull the target D6" towards the Helliarch.
I know you tried to formulate it so that the Dark Eldar player wins in case there is an equality, but equality are not possible with Roll-offs : they are ALWAYS rerolled. So your formulation has the same meaning as "if you win a roll off, ..."

The effects are decent, but i'd rather see those weapons function as bombs, damaging (or hooking and pulling) during the movement phase when you fly over another unit. And i'd rather see CC deal 1d3 mortal wounds with no malus attached.

Kabalite Warrior
Sarkesian

PostSubject: Re: Stunclaws and Cluster Caltrops   Stunclaws and Cluster Caltrops I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 21 2017, 19:34

They are not ALWAYS rerolled though. Harlequins psyker power specifically states the roll has to beat the Harlequin player's roll to end the power.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Stunclaws and Cluster Caltrops   Stunclaws and Cluster Caltrops I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 21 2017, 19:48

Sarkesian wrote:
They are not ALWAYS rerolled though. Harlequins psyker power specifically states the roll has to beat the Harlequin player's roll to end the power.

Check the rules. It's not a Roll-Off.

Roll-Offs are always rerolled in case of equal results.

Sybarite
SushiBoy013

PostSubject: Re: Stunclaws and Cluster Caltrops   Stunclaws and Cluster Caltrops I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 21 2017, 23:06

Mppqlmd wrote:
Quote :
if the enemy player does not win the roll-off you may pull the target D6" towards the Helliarch.
I know you tried to formulate it so that the Dark Eldar player wins in case there is an equality, but equality are not possible with Roll-offs : they are ALWAYS rerolled. So your formulation has the same meaning as "if you win a roll off, ..."

The effects are decent, but i'd rather see those weapons function as bombs, damaging (or hooking and pulling) during the movement phase when you fly over another unit. And i'd rather see CC deal 1d3 mortal wounds with no malus attached.

We need more access to mortal wounds. so many invulnerable saves and large mobs in this edition. We need wounds that have a higher likelihood of wounding with the added benefit of rolling over to another model. It looks like many armies are receiving more/better access to MWs with their codex, I anticipate we will too.

Hellion
Tzelok

PostSubject: Re: Stunclaws and Cluster Caltrops   Stunclaws and Cluster Caltrops I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 22 2017, 13:43

Mppqlmd wrote:
Sarkesian wrote:

Check the rules. It's not a Roll-Off.

Roll-Offs are always rerolled in case of equal results.

It's very true, I was shocked when I was pointed to this initially as the one semi-decent benefit of wyches became even worse...

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Stunclaws and Cluster Caltrops   Stunclaws and Cluster Caltrops I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 22 2017, 21:51

Most improved unit!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stunclaws and Cluster Caltrops   Stunclaws and Cluster Caltrops I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stunclaws and Cluster Caltrops
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: