THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 point Drukhari Semi-Competitive List

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

1500 point Drukhari Semi-Competitive List Empty
PostSubject: 1500 point Drukhari Semi-Competitive List   1500 point Drukhari Semi-Competitive List I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 27 2017, 23:53

Hey all. So, as mentioned in the title, this list is intended to be a good bit of fun for casual play, but with enough firepower for when things get competitive. This is partially inspired by a Start Collecting Drukhari box that I got for Christmas, which explains the inclusion of Reavers (I know they're not at their best points wise at the moment, but I still want to try them out). Also, as this box's Raider is the first I've built with a Disintegrator Cannon, I'm shying away from the almighty Dark Lance for this list.

This was done on, but not copy-and-pasted over from, Battlescribe, so the points should be correct.

Outrider Detachment (+1 CP) - 1493 points - 74 Power

No Force Org

- Court of the Archon: 2 Sslyths - 62 points/6 Power

HQ
- Archon with Blaster and Agoniser (Warlord) - 73 points/4 Power
- Archon with Blaster and Power Sword - 73 points/4 Power

Troops
- 10 Kabalite Warriors (Sybarite has Splinter Rifle and Power Sword) - 74 points/5 Power
- 10 Kabalite Warriors (Sybarite has Splinter Rifle and Agoniser) - 74 points/5 Power

Elites
- 5 Kabalite Trueborn (2 Blasters, 2 Splinter Cannons, Dracon has Blast Pistol and Agoniser) - 129 points/5 Power

Fast Attack
- 10 Hellions (Helliarch has Phantasm Grenade Launcher, Splinter Pistol and Stunclaw) - 180 points/9 Power
- 6 Reavers (2 Blasters, 2 Grav-Talons, Arena Champion has Power Sword) - 224 points/10 Power
- 5 Scourges (2 Blasters, 2 Splinter Cannons, Solarite has Blast Pistol and Agoniser) - 144 points/6 Power
- 5 Scourges (2 Blasters, 2 Splinter Cannons, Solarite has Blast Pistol and Venom Blade) - 145 points/6 Power

Dedicated Transports
- Raider with Disintegrator Cannon - 125 points/6 Power
- Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons - 95 points/4 Power
- Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons - 95 points/4 Power

One Venom will take the Archons and Sslyths, while the other will take the Trueborn. And I thought it might be a bit of fun for the Hellions to embark on the Raider, seeing as they are technically an infantry unit - the reason being that, the last time I used Hellions in a match, they died before they could get into close combat, where they could actually do something. The added protection of the Raider might just be enough to keep them safe until they get into a good charge range.

I know it means leaving my two Warrior squads on foot, but as there's no heavy/special weapons in them, they're less of a priority to protect
- most of my big guns are either embarked (Trueborn/Archons), deep-strikeable (Scourges) or fast enough to get away if they need to (Reavers/Transports).

In terms of my dedicated 'heavy' squads - the Trueborn and 2 Scourge squads - I like the synergy of this weapon combination: by the time the Blasters are in range, the Splinter Cannons are in half-range, meaning more shots. While I could've done this with Dark Lances for the Scourge squads, Blasters give me the incentive to get in a bit closer and utilise my abundance of Rapid Fire weapons.

As usual, comments, advice and suggestions are all greatly appreciated.

Edit: Scratch the 'Hellions in Transport' idea. Just read a rule on Battlescribe saying I can't do that. (Guessing the wording's been updated since the index was released). I'll have to think of a new way to keep the Hellions safe.
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Drukhari Semi-Competitive List   1500 point Drukhari Semi-Competitive List I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 28 2017, 08:27

I love hellions but they cannot be kept safe, they will die, accept that or you will cry (like me) during all your matches because they died.

Seems like a more fluffy then competetive list, but might do ok in semi competetive. I like the distribution of different units. Personally I would lose some of the splinter cannons and take some more darklight. You only have 13 blaster (pistols) which equals to about 7 short range dark lances. If you come up against anything slightly mechanised you will be in deep trouble, assuming every blaster and blast pistol can shoot you will still only kill 1 tank (avarage just under 12 wounds, assuming t5-7 and no save) a turn. You really need some dark lances or a lot more blasters. Or at least I would in my local meta.
Back to top Go down
Glass Battleaxe
Kabalite Warrior
Glass Battleaxe

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Drukhari Semi-Competitive List   1500 point Drukhari Semi-Competitive List I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 28 2017, 15:36

@|Meavar, thanks for the response.

Same here on the hellions. I love their models, but just wish they weren't so easy to kill. Thinking about it, I could probably use the new Webway Portal stratagem to deep-strike them in - it's not like I've got anything else to spend the command points on at the moment.

I understand what you're saying about the lack of darklight in my army. However, the local group I play against is mostly infantry-based, with no more than one or two vehicles at most: usually, it's me that has the vehicle-heavy lists! This was mainly to see if I could make a list that A: wasn't relying on Dark Lances, as they seem to be our main go-to weapon at the moment; and B: challenges me to get in a bit closer (I know most of these aren't exactly strong close-quarter units, but I want to practice a more aggressive play-style).

The Blaster/Splinter Cannon combination is more of a personal choice - I like using them, even if it takes a bit of tactics to make the most of them. It's why I have more of these over Dark Lances on my infantry models - most of the units I have with Dark Lances are vehicles.

But I do get your point. I'll make sure to keep a few Dark Lance models handy in case I face something bigger.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 point Drukhari Semi-Competitive List   1500 point Drukhari Semi-Competitive List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 point Drukhari Semi-Competitive List
Page 1 of 1