THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A year of Xenos

Go down 
+6
Burnage
Sarkesian
FuelDrop
CptMetal
lament.config
Archon_91
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02 2018, 00:32

I picked up an interesting tidbit from my local GW rep the other day (salt lick required). He was talking about how there are only a few months left of the year of Chaos vs. Imperium and that GW's next year (June to June) is going to be focused on the Xenos factions in terms of releases (everyone will have codecies by this time) and how he was really looking forward to it cause he's actually a dark eldar player
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02 2018, 01:18

I'll take that with some salt. I do think there are more xenos factions left that need codex than imperial or chaos forces at this point.

Still, I'd imagine we will see another primarch released this year and potentially another daemon primarch. All of the chaos gods besides Slaanesh have gotten updated models over the last couple years and Fulgrim has been mentioned in recent fluff. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see something else get released for primaris Marines.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02 2018, 01:43

The next Primarch release will be Russ as a true eldar slave.

Sybarite
lament.config

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02 2018, 06:05

I bet we start see in Primarch teasers after a month of xenos releases.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02 2018, 06:29

"Hey Matt, we have this whole year of Xenos thing."

"Year of Xenos? Great idea! We can focus on the greatest Xenos hunters of all, the Ultramarines!"
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02 2018, 17:10

No. It's death watch year.

Kabalite Warrior
Sarkesian

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02 2018, 19:36

We still have Space Wolves, Death Watch, 1000 sons, Khorne marines (if they get their own book), slaanesh marines (if they get their own book), SoB? Custodes? Knights?. So still a few marine/imperium/chaos armies left. We are waiting for:

Orks
Gene Stealers
DE
Harlequins
Ynaari
Necrons
Daemons (confirmed next)
Ta'u

Am I missing anything?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02 2018, 20:01

There've been ten 8th edition Codexes released so far and only two were for Xenos armies (Craftworlds and Tyranids). This year is going to feel relatively Xenos heavy, but depending on how stuff like Slaanesh, Ynnari and Imperial Agents are treated we're probably still going to have more Imperial/Chaos Codexes released than Xenos ones.

Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 02 2018, 21:02

I don't think we will see a dedicated Khorne or Slaanesh marine chapter since world eaters and emps kids are both in Codex Chaos Marines. Also, hopefully they will do another imperial agent book instead of releasing whole codex for smaller factions of Imperials.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 01:43

The return of Khorn Demonkin! Anything to stop the bloody Xenos from getting spotlight!

(Starts releasing full codex suplements for every chapter, IG regiment, ect)
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 06:30

But GW already said at the start of this edition that they wanted to bring the focus back to the fight between the imperials and chaos.
So don't get your hopes up for us xenos.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 07:06

|Meavar wrote:
But GW already said at the start of this edition that they wanted to bring the focus back to the fight between the imperials and chaos.
So don't get your hopes up for us xenos.

Okay, quick question: has the spotlight ever NOT been on Imperium/Chaos? Or do they mean they intend to make those factions most powerful?
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 09:19

The spotlight has been on the imperium a lot more previous edition.
Now Chaos will also get some more time, (thus even less time for the xenos factions?)
Back to top Go down
SushiBoy013
Sybarite
SushiBoy013

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06 2018, 03:52

Lets define "Year of Xenos" do we mean GW intends to focus on them in terms of new mdoels, lore, new campaigns focused around xenos armies, AND codexes?

OOOOOOR does "Year of Xenos" mean GW screwed Us over this past year and only released two xenos codexes, so by default we will see a larger focus on Xenos comparatively? AND, oh by the way, we are going to put out new Sisters of Battle models throughout FY18 and focus on the lore of a couple newly released Primarchs! But we're going to continue with the theme of "Year of the Xenos" by focusing on the Space Marine chapters known for fighting xenos!

So sick of GW's bias.

Hellion
DOGGED

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06 2018, 10:54

Burnage wrote:
There've been ten 8th edition Codexes released so far and only two were for Xenos armies (Craftworlds and Tyranids). This year is going to feel relatively Xenos heavy, but depending on how stuff like Slaanesh, Ynnari and Imperial Agents are treated we're probably still going to have more Imperial/Chaos Codexes released than Xenos ones.

Agree. Still, this year should have all Xenos codices released. That's Necrons, Tau and Drukhari, then Harlequins should be released shortly before or after. I am curious as to the treatment for Ynnari. Not sure that they deserve a full codex...

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06 2018, 11:29

DOGGED wrote:
Burnage wrote:

Agree. Still, this year should have all Xenos codices released. That's Necrons, Tau and Drukhari, then Harlequins should be released shortly before or after. I am curious as to the treatment for Ynnari. Not sure that they deserve a full codex...

Predicting that not only will Ynnari get a full codex, but they will take their pick of choice DE units with them. Smart money says anything not specifically affiliated with Covens, Cabals or Cults is fair game (EG Incubi and Mandrakes)
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06 2018, 12:18

"this is the year of the xenos!"
*releases Custodes models and codex

Sybarite
SushiBoy013

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06 2018, 13:02

I'm impressed with the lack of sh*ts given by GW.

Players: "We want Xenos"

GW: "You want Xenos? *Bam!* You got NEW Space Marines!"

Players: "We need our codexes! The game has become too lopsided between index & codex!"

GW: "We hear you! And to show we've heard you, we are going to kick off our 'Year of Xenos' with something HUGE. We are bringing in...A NEW FACTION!"

Players: *Suspense Intensifies*

GW: " *BAM!* You're getting new IMPERIUM MODELS! BUT! It doesn't stop there! We are going to take up a precious codex release slot and throw in a new Imperium codex!"

Players: "...We thought you said this was going to be 'Year of Xenos'??

GW: "Oooh and it is!!! Because that's not all we're putting out there!!"

Players: "...."

GW: "...."

Players: "You're about to announce some BS like a new Chaos Space Mari..."

GW: "THOUSAND SOOOOOOOOOONS!"

Players: *Exit Room*

Kabalite Warrior
Rodi Sikni

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06 2018, 14:26

If we use this https://warhammer40000.com/setting/explore-the-factions/ like a guide, we will see at least 6 more imperial codex and 7 xenos.

But this is GW, probably they have a great idea to this is "Year of Xenos", like wait until all the imperial codex be released and then announce a new huge especial ultracool amazing codex whith all the remaining xenos factions and call it "Index Xenos"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A year of Xenos Empty
PostSubject: Re: A year of Xenos   A year of Xenos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A year of Xenos
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-