THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Rumor Engine

Go down 
+8
CptMetal
Crazy_Ivan
Count Adhemar
lament.config
Burnage
Calyptra
FuelDrop
PFI
12 posters
AuthorMessage
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

Rumor Engine Empty
PostSubject: Rumor Engine   Rumor Engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 02:10

Did anyone else think the new "flames of a new year" rumor engine looked similar to the flames on the avatar of ynnead? That and the eldar / elvish pieces might seriously be hinting towards new ynnari models... wouldn't that be cool.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Rumor Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor Engine   Rumor Engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 02:14

No it would not. Ynnari needs to die.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

Rumor Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor Engine   Rumor Engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 02:42

I would not be sorry to see them go, but I have a feeling GW will be foisting a lot more of them onto us.

I maintain that all of the new lore is just being hallucinated by some poor Wych who got a bad batch of something and is having a bad trip. Biel-Tan is fine, the Primarchs are dead and gone, etc.

I've seen a lot of discussion about the Ynnari's rules. I have not seen much discussion about the Ynnari themselves, or seen anyone say they play Ynnari because they think they're interesting or engaging. (I'm only saying this is what I've seen, and the reality of it may be completely different.)

I have an uncomfortable feeling that the Ynnari are going to be the Eldar's Primaris...

Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

Rumor Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor Engine   Rumor Engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 03:20

I like the Ynnari - Ynnead's been a dangling plot hook for twenty years and it's awesome to see it finally hit the tabletop.

But. But. I think they've been phenomenally mishandled, so far. I love the models, I love the idea of the faction, but from the kneecap nerf that they recently received alongside zero information about whether they're getting a Codex it is very clear that GW don't know what to do with them.

I also thought that the new rumour image looked like the Yncarne's flames, for what it's worth.
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

Rumor Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor Engine   Rumor Engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 03:59

I don't mind the whole Ynnari thing. Eldar god of the dead? I'm fine with that bring it on.

I think much of the backlash was do to the Ynnari being a legit soup army that had a extremely powerful special rule. The nerf soulburst got hit with was fairly heavy handed. But, the rule itself is so strong that I'm not surprised GW broke it.

I don't think that's at all the last we will see of the Ynnari though. They did have a novel come out which I haven't heard much about.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Rumor Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor Engine   Rumor Engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 07:19

Ynnari are fine by me but GW is so terrified of SfD they are being ridiculously restrictive so as to prevent abuse and then they took a sledgehammer to SfD too! If it's that abusive then get rid of it and think of something else!

Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

Rumor Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor Engine   Rumor Engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 14:50

I had just bought the models when they seriously nerfed them, can't have the xenos winning can we?!
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Rumor Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor Engine   Rumor Engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 16:46

Nerf? What did they do?

Incubi
Burnage

Rumor Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor Engine   Rumor Engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 18:31

CptMetal wrote:
Nerf?  What did they do?

Strength from Death can now only trigger on your turn, and only one Strength from Death action of each type (e.g., shoot, fight, move, etc.) can be taken each turn.

It's quite a big reduction in power, especially when you're also missing out on faction-specific bonuses by going Ynnari.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Rumor Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor Engine   Rumor Engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 20:14

How can I trigger that on my turn? Only when one of my units is destroyed in close combat, right?

And you mean one action per turn for the whole army?? So only one extra movement and one extra shooting for the whole army and only when units get destroyed in close combat in my turn?

Incubi
Mppqlmd

Rumor Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor Engine   Rumor Engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 21:40

CptMetal wrote:
How can I trigger that on my turn? Only when one of my units is destroyed in close combat, right?

When you kill an enemy unit ?

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Rumor Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor Engine   Rumor Engine I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 22:31

Brief history of Ynnari in 8e.

Initial (index) rules were that your entire army had to be Ynnari if any units were.
SfD applied once per turn per unit for any Ynnari biker or infantry unit.
Word of the Phoenix could be cast on any Ynnari unit.
Soulburst actions were carried out immediately after they were triggered.

The first FAQ then changed the rules so that individual detachments could be Ynnari without the entire army having to be but you were required to have one of the Triumvirate as your Warlord.
SfD changed to allow Soulburst only after the triggering actions were fully resolved.
WotP could only be cast on Ynnari infantry, bikers or the Yncarne.

Second FAQ then changed SfD to only allow one Soulburst action of each type per turn and only on your own turn.

GW clearly doesn't know what to do with the Ynnari in general and with SfD in particular.

TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

Rumor Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor Engine   Rumor Engine I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 04 2018, 03:19

I hope they--

FuelDrop wrote:

My work here is done.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
SushiBoy013
Sybarite
SushiBoy013

Rumor Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor Engine   Rumor Engine I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06 2018, 03:45

TeenageAngst wrote:
I hope they--

FuelDrop wrote:

My work here is done.

Sums up my thoughts very well. Give me Dark Eldar. Make them competitive by themselves. I don't care what else GW does...just allow me to play my Dark Eldar as their own army.

Hellion
DOGGED

Rumor Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor Engine   Rumor Engine I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06 2018, 11:00

Count Adhemar wrote:
Brief history of Ynnari in 8e.

Initial (index) rules were that your entire army had to be Ynnari if any units were.
SfD applied once per turn per unit for any Ynnari biker or infantry unit.
Word of the Phoenix could be cast on any Ynnari unit.
Soulburst actions were carried out immediately after they were triggered.

The first FAQ then changed the rules so that individual detachments could be Ynnari without the entire army having to be but you were required to have one of the Triumvirate as your Warlord.
SfD changed to allow Soulburst only after the triggering actions were fully resolved.
WotP could only be cast on Ynnari infantry, bikers or the Yncarne.

Second FAQ then changed SfD to only allow one Soulburst action of each type per turn and only on your own turn.

GW clearly doesn't know what to do with the Ynnari in general and with SfD in particular.

It could be too that they are real time testing to fix the Ynnari rules for their (incoming) codex to be published. If new Ynnari models are being hinted at, it would ease the chance for them getting a full codex...

Rumor Engine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumor Engine   Rumor Engine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumor Engine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: