THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please   Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 03 2018, 22:12

[2000 pts] Ynnari Dark Eldar Battalion – 6CP
3 HQ, 3 Troops, 2 Elite, 3 Fast Attack, 2 Heavy Support, 1 Air Support

[134] Yvraine

[80] Venom -splinter cannon/twin splinter rifle
[61] Archon, agonizer, relic pistol, PGL
[76] Archon, agonizer, blaster, PGL
[93] Sslyth x3

[53] kablites x5, one blaster x1, PGL x1

[110] Solitarie
[90] Incubi x5 (deepstrike with webway portal)
[150] Scourge x5, dark lance x4
[170] Scourge x10, blaster x2
[156] Ravager, Dark lance x3, Shock Prow
[170] Razorwing jetfighter, Disintegrator Cannon x2

Going to my first 2000 point tournament next month. Looking for suggestions to make the list stronger. Although I know dark reapers provide a stronger shooting soulburst than the darklance scourge, I’m trying to keep the list mostly dark elder.

The thought is there would be only vehicles on the ground to shoot at if I go second (solitaire and Yvraine are protected by character rule). I would drop the dark lance scourge by Yvraine for the plus to hit and the extra shooting soulburst abilities. If the scourge dark lance units get killed later turns the 10man scourge with 2 blasters could fly within 7” kill something and take the shooting soulburst.

Archons could use the fight/charge soulburst when a sslyth dies in my fight phase.
I’ll try to setup the solitaire to move in assassinate a weak character/unit and soulburst move back to safety, or contact/charge two units so I could kill the weak one first and soulburst fight the second. Preferably on the blitz turn for 20 total attacks.

Comments on the disintegrator cannons on the razorwing? Unfortunately I don’t have the darklance bits, I may have to mold some if I really want to recoup the 20pts.

I would make room for a third ravager if I had the model. I think that will be by next purchase once I finish my current projects.

One thing I considered was 20 kablites for the deepstrike unit instead of the incubi.
Back to top Go down
Drukhari
Hellion
Drukhari

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please   Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 04 2018, 01:27

I would drop all the scourges. Scourges with dark lances make me sad because you're paying for them to be mobile (because they're scourges) then getting a gun that makes them want to sit still.

Drop all the Scourges and get 2 more Razorwing Jetfighters, and maybe another Ravager depending how the points work out with your loadouts. With only 6 CPs I also wouldn't use one of them on Webway. 9 Inch charge for Incubi is gonna be rough and if they don't make it they're dead. Better to bring them in a transport, or not at all, which would make that third ravager really affordable, and having the 3 Jet Fighters would bring you up to 7 CP.

This is obviously fine though if it's all you have. Disintigrator Cannons aren't horrible. 20 Kabalites would be wasting the command point, and just asking to give up a massive unit of troops all at once. Kabalite Warriors are good because it's a cheap way to get a blaster and a venom. If you pay for a ton they won't do much and leadership will kill you.
Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please   Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 04 2018, 04:11

I hear you on the dark lance scourge. I am only bringing them because I can trigger them for the extra Ynnari shooting soulburst. I would much rather run more ravagers or razorwings if I wasn't running ynnari and had time to get the extra models ready in time for the tournament.

I do have a raider, I could swap out the archon's venom and put the incubi, sslyth, and archons in a raider rather than deep striking the incubi.

If not deepstriking incubi or kablites, it seems like a same to leave our only stratagem unused.

But based on your comments here is a new iteration taking out one Dark Lance Scourge unit and adding a raider and one more Kablite squad. However I worry that Yvraine may under-perform if the single DarkLance Scourge unit is destroyed turn two.

[1999 pts] Ynnari Dark Eldar Battalion – 6CP
3 HQ, 4 Troops, 2 Elite, 2 Fast Attack, 2 Heavy Support, 1 Air Support

[134] Yvraine

[116] Raider, Dark Lance, ShockProw
[76] Archon, agonizer, blaster, PGL
[93] Sslyth x3
[90] Incubi x5

[110] Solitarie
[155] Scourge x10, blaster x1
[170] Razorwing jetfighter, Disintegrator Cannon x2
Back to top Go down
Drukhari
Hellion
Drukhari

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please   Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 04 2018, 11:42

Didn't Chapter Approved make it so you can only trigger each Soul Burst once/turn, and it can only be on your turn? I thought you can pretty much only trigger soulburst by killing other people now, not by having your own die.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please   Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 04 2018, 14:50

Yup! Sad
It can only happen in your turn, and you can only trigger one of each type of action per turn, so one shooting + one movement + one fight, etc.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please   Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 04 2018, 14:55

Also, i personally love dark lance scourges although it does seem a bit counter intuitive to have them sat still, they do get a 3+ save in cover with FNP and an invulnerable save.
Ive used them with great success sat still and they have the movement to be able to chip off and grab an objective late game if need be.
Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please   Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 04 2018, 15:20

I would use Yvraine's psychic ability to trigger the one extra shooting burst during my turn. She can also give the unit a bonus to hit for both shooting rounds to cancel out the -1 from landing. So shoot the dark lance scourge two times on turn one, and every turn after if they survive. If they get removed I would try triggering the large shard-carbine scourge unit for shooting or possibly the relic pistol archon when the sslyth die in my fight phase.
Back to top Go down
Drukhari
Hellion
Drukhari

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please   Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 04 2018, 23:23

Is there a reason you don't split up the 10 man Scourge Squad to make an outrider detachment for another command point? It also might save you from losing guys to leadership.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please   Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 04 2018, 23:49

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
Also, i personally love dark lance scourges although it does seem a bit counter intuitive to have them sat still, they do get a 3+ save in cover with FNP and an invulnerable save.
Ive used them with great success sat still and they have the movement to be able to chip off and grab an objective late game if need be.

Yep, I'd agree with this. Dark Lance Scourges are great.

They're also especially useful in Ynnari lists because vehicles can't Soulburst. Probably our best candidate for the Ancestor's Grace/Word of the Phoenix combo, although they pale compared to Dark Reapers.
Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please   Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 05 2018, 16:05

I didn't split up the 10man scourge for a potentially stronger shooting soulburst. Also if you split them into an outrider detachment under one of the archons would they still be ynnari? Yvraine (or one of the other two ynnari characters) has to be the warlord to give the ynnari keyword and strength from death ability, not sure how that translates to extra detachments. The scourge really have to be ynnari as they are the main soulburst targets. If extra detachments can be ynnari I probably would spilt into 3 5-man groups of scourge.
Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please   Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 05 2018, 20:25

Thanks for the ideas, Here's where I'm at now. I will split out the scourge in an outrider detachment for the 7th CP. As much as I like the Sslyth, I took out two to fit in the second DL scourge unit for redundancy for the ancestor's grace/word of the phoenix combo.

[2000 pts] Ynnari Battalion / Ynnari Outrider (scourge x3 plus archon) – 7CP
3 HQ, 4 Troops, 2 Elite, 3 Fast Attack, 2 Heavy Support, 1 Air Support

[134] Yvraine

[116] Raider, Dark Lance, ShockProw
[73] Archon, agonizer, blaster
[31] Sslyth x1
[90] Incubi x5

[50] kablites x5, blaster x1

[53] kablites x5, blaster x1, PGL x1

[53] kablites x5, blaster x1, PGL x1

[110] Solitarie
[70] Scourge x5
[155] Ravager, Dark lance x3
[175] Razorwing jetfighter, Disintegrator Cannon x2
Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please   Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22 2018, 15:41

After play testing the list I have made a couple improvements. I found the raider to under perform with the incubi, archonx2 and sslyth inside. I could use one CP to deepstrike the incubi where they need to be, but mostly the incubi, archon and sslyth didn't need the transport - they stayed in my deployment zone to defend yvraine and the long range units. I'm converting the raider to a third ravager to help form a brigade unit for 9CP. I like the addition of two naked 35pt kablite units as screens, before I struggled against genesteelers popping up 9" away and devouring anything on the outside of my deployment ring. Anyway here is the current version (blaster kablites in venoms):

132 Yvraine

76 Archon BL, Agonizer
61 Archon Relic Pistol, Agonizer, PGL
31 Sslyth
90 Incubi x5
110 Solitarie
53 Kablite x5 BL, PGL
50 Kablite x5 BL
50 Kablite x5 BL
50 Kablite x5 BL
35 Kablite x5
35 Kablite x5
150 Scourge x5 DLx4
70 Scourge x5
70 Scourge x5
155 Ravager DLx3
155 Ravager DLx3
155 Ravager DLx3
155 RazorWing DLx2

80 Venom
80 Venom
80 Venom
80 Venom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please   Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Ynnari 2K list - comments please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: