THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Venomspam - maximum dakka.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

Venomspam - maximum dakka. Empty
PostSubject: Venomspam - maximum dakka.   Venomspam - maximum dakka. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 21:53

Hello!

Here is list I'm aiming at:

HQ [50]
Haemonculus [50] - go with Trueborn unit.

Elites [453]
Kabalite Trueborn (3), 2x Dark Lance [86] in Venom with 2 SC [65] [151]

Troops [690]
Kabalite Warriors (5), Shredder [50] in Venom with 2 SC [65] [115]

Fast [468]
Reaver jetbike (6), 2x Heat Lance [156]

Heavy Support [335]
Ravager with Flicker Field [115]
Ravager [105]

Hope I did not screw points.

So basically I have *6* Ravagers, not 3 + 3 Blaster Trueborn like most lists of this kind. 5 of them have Flicker Field in case someone would like to outflank or use some other smartypants gimmick. I DON'T have suicide Blaster Warriors, however I do have tools to dent hordes. I also have 3 pretty big units that may dent tanks AND hurt infantry.What do You guys think? It's certainly WAAC list, but actually have theme (speeeeeed) Razz
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: Venomspam - maximum dakka.   Venomspam - maximum dakka. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 22:07

At least give the hammie a hexrifle
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Venomspam - maximum dakka.   Venomspam - maximum dakka. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 22:19

Todo13 wrote:
At least give the hammie a hexrifle
Nah, I guess he don't need any weapon since his unit either shoot tanks or looks like "chilli con carne".
IF
his unit would not have FNP from start I could take it and try to score pain token... but I already have it.
Back to top Go down
Todo13
Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: Venomspam - maximum dakka.   Venomspam - maximum dakka. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 22:22

I meant don't take a haemonculus only for the pain token, it's a waste of points, take a useful HQ
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: Venomspam - maximum dakka.   Venomspam - maximum dakka. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 22:54

Local_Ork wrote:
Hello!

Here is list I'm aiming at:

HQ [50]
Haemonculus [50] - go with Trueborn unit.

Elites [453]
These are to small to be left on thier own and lack mobility consider dropping the Dark Lances and giving them blasters not only does this save 5pts per squad it also gives you an extra shot per unit which can move and shoot.

Troops [690]
Shredders are guff, 12" range and lack of ap makes them horrible I'd try for more blasters

Fast [468]
6 bikes can be hard to hide 18 is gonna be a nightmare, heat lances are only effective at 9" or less where even with your 6" assault move you can be in big trouble.

Heavy Support [335]
Ravager [105] give it a flickerfield

Hope I did not screw points.

So basically I have *6* Ravagers, not 3 + 3 Blaster Trueborn like most lists of this kind. 5 of them have Flicker Field in case someone would like to outflank or use some other smartypants gimmick. I DON'T have suicide Blaster Warriors, however I do have tools to dent hordes. I also have 3 pretty big units that may dent tanks AND hurt infantry.What do You guys think? It's certainly WAAC list, but actually have theme (speeeeeed) Razz

My comments in red.

Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Venomspam - maximum dakka.   Venomspam - maximum dakka. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 23:18

Surprisingly, he actually is most useful/cost effective HQ I could get.

I don't want take Duke because I never, ever would like to DS this list (and frankly Venomspam isn't Drop Pod Marines), Archons of all kinds would be... useless (1 CC guy in gunline army? "Training wheels"? I'm not Dash of Pepper Razz) and Haemi weapons... either are short ranged or don't match Trueborn weapons.

So yeah, I just stick with minimum and load more points in actuall shooting. If I would give Trueborn SC (I have 18, that's 108 shots, not counting other weapons) then indeed, Mr. Scary Doctor should grab Hex Rifle with all his limbs he use to shoot.
But here? Couldn't care less, I would even field him outside and let to horriby die in non-KP mission . Twisted Evil

@The Strange Dude
Some good points but this is not ordinary "I drop, lance from Blaster, die horribly in next turn" kind of list.
This is list that mostly sit in YOUR deployment, enjoy their Venoms and shoot (kinda like IG) while Bikes engadge things that get close or actually get through net of lance-snipers.
I could buff Trueborn to maximum size but I simply don't have points and... well, I just need 2 lances.
If I could take Lance on 5 Warriors, I would do that and be happy but I can't so I pick more anti personal shoots (I probably can open at least few tanks in enemy deployment/midfield). Shredders... ok, you get save (rarely matter because either you have crappy save, cover or too good save for most AP) but also it's nearly autohit with s6 (wound t4 on 2+). Not bad for 5 points (Or maybe I just love Grotzookas too much?)

Oh and I don't have points for third FF.Could delete 2 Shredders but best thing would be avoiding CC (FF is inv save) and stick to cover anyway.

From things that I could do - swap Reavers with Scourges (5 with Lances, NOT Blasters) and indeed get more Trueborn (5 + 5 + 4 and HQ). Now I would have only shooting but it works out for Weekend Soldiers (IG), right?
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: Venomspam - maximum dakka.   Venomspam - maximum dakka. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 23:28

Local_Ork wrote:

@The Strange Dude
Some good points but this is not ordinary "I drop, lance from Blaster, die horribly in next turn" kind of list.
This is list that mostly sit in YOUR deployment, enjoy their Venoms and shoot (kinda like IG) while Bikes engadge things that get close or actually get through net of lance-snipers.
I could buff Trueborn to maximum size but I simply don't have points and... well, I just need 2 lances.
If I could take Lance on 5 Warriors, I would do that and be happy but I can't so I pick more anti personal shoots (I probably can open at least few tanks in enemy deployment/midfield). Shredders... ok, you get save (rarely matter because either you have crappy save, cover or too good save for most AP) but also it's nearly autohit with s6 (wound t4 on 2+). Not bad for 5 points (Or maybe I just love Grotzookas too much?)

Oh and I don't have points for third FF.Could delete 2 Shredders but best thing would be avoiding CC (FF is inv save) and stick to cover anyway.

From things that I could do - swap Reavers with Scourges (5 with Lances, NOT Blasters) and indeed get more Trueborn (5 + 5 + 4 and HQ). Now I would have only shooting but it works out for Weekend Soldiers (IG), right?

The problem with your thinking is DE are not IG, units are more expensive and fragile sitting and shooting is ok but you have a 36" range with DL and most dedicated anti-tank is 48". Chimera spam (and I speak from experience as I own a large IG army) relies on AV12 (most anti- tank needing 4/5+ to glance) and long ranged weapons fired from the rear hatches. DE Vehicles are for the most part AV10 (2/3+ for most anti-tank to glance) and your weapons under ranged. I don't mean to pee in your tea mind and if it works for you go for it.

Kabalite Warrior
Todo13

PostSubject: Re: Venomspam - maximum dakka.   Venomspam - maximum dakka. I_icon_minitimeThu May 26 2011, 23:41

He has a point about the reavers, maybe take 3 squads of three instead
Back to top Go down
Venkh
Kabalite Warrior
Venkh

PostSubject: Re: Venomspam - maximum dakka.   Venomspam - maximum dakka. I_icon_minitimeMon May 30 2011, 15:46

If you are going to use bikes the heat lance is the best option. Thy have the mobility to get ithin 9" and the extra 6" move to get them out of assault range as well.

I ran 3x3 initially but combined them into one squad to save on kill points. Kill point missions are bad enough without adding to th problem!

I agree with the comments about shredders and lances. Just replace the lot with Blasters. If your opponents eyes roll when he sees your venoms theyll pop out of his head whn he sees the blasters.

Venom/blaster spam is super evil. Perhaps as evil as it gets.
Back to top Go down
ShotDownMind
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Venomspam - maximum dakka.   Venomspam - maximum dakka. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09 2011, 16:26

I would keep everything as is, except the three trueborn venoms, swap to raiders. Mess around with points to get flickerfields or not. The other ravagers go behind them so may not need flickers.

Its not like 6 ravagers cause 3 of them cant move and only shoot 2 shots. I doubt you will miss the 3 venoms, as the raiders/venoms get shot down just the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venomspam - maximum dakka.   Venomspam - maximum dakka. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venomspam - maximum dakka.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: