THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Chaos Paint Scheme

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

Chaos Paint Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Chaos Paint Scheme   Chaos Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 13 2018, 20:15

So I'm looking to start painting my Chaos army and I like the color scheme of Black Legion and I'm a huge fan of Abbadon and Black Legion. But from a tabletop perspective, Black Legion has one of the worst Legion traits in my opinion.

So my question is, would it be acceptable from a gaming perspective and also from a fluff perspective, if I were to have my army painted as Black Legion and then simply state that they are an Alpha Legion (for example) force that has joined up with Abbadon's Black Legion for another crusade?
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

Chaos Paint Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Paint Scheme   Chaos Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 13 2018, 21:45

Sounds like a crime against fluff to me.

From a gaming perspective, I think most people would have no issue with your approach, unless you had some Black Legion detachments and some Alpha Legion detachments with the same paint scheme on all.

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Chaos Paint Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Paint Scheme   Chaos Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14 2018, 15:52

Many black legion warbands hail from other Legions. If not taking part in a black crusade I dont see why a warband that came from elsewhere couldnt use a different trait. From a fluffy perspective, that is

Chaos Paint Scheme YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
merse24
Kabalite Warrior
merse24

Chaos Paint Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Paint Scheme   Chaos Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 14 2018, 23:27

Kantalla wrote:
Sounds like a crime against fluff to me.

Yeah that is what I was hoping to avoid!  haha

And thanks Cavash! I was hoping that it could be at least ROUGHLY fluffy and somewhat be able to explain it.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Chaos Paint Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Paint Scheme   Chaos Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15 2018, 10:06

Luckily I purchased the chaos Codex on Saturday Wink

Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Chaos Paint Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Paint Scheme   Chaos Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 15 2018, 10:34

Given that pretty much every Craftworld army is Alaitoc these days, regardless of what colour scheme they were painted in, I doubt it would ruin the fluff too much to say that a bunch of Alpha Legion have dressed up in Black Legion armour. It's not like it's the first time they've worn other legions'/chapters' armour!

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

Chaos Paint Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Paint Scheme   Chaos Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 17 2018, 10:19

Also, if you are a fan of Abaddon and the Black Legion I recommend reading Talon of Horus and Black Legion by Aaron Dembski-Bowden.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chaos Paint Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chaos Paint Scheme   Chaos Paint Scheme I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chaos Paint Scheme
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DISCUSSION

:: Warhammer 40,000 Discussion