THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Blackened Sun Battle Reports

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ordo Bob
Slave

Kabal of the Blackened Sun Battle Reports Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Blackened Sun Battle Reports   Kabal of the Blackened Sun Battle Reports I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09 2011, 16:07

There's a ton of battle reports at Blood, Skulls, and Fire (link in Sig). All have either maps, pics, or both. I hope you enjoy!

Here's a couple of the latest:

2000 points versus Blood Angels

2000 points versus Imperial Fists

There's reports from Battle for Salvation last month on there somewhere too. Smile

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Blackened Sun Battle Reports   Kabal of the Blackened Sun Battle Reports I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 09 2011, 18:45

These look really sharp - thanks for the links!

Back to top Go down
EmoryNay
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Blackened Sun Battle Reports   Kabal of the Blackened Sun Battle Reports I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22 2011, 14:05

Well done, Ordo Bob. The second win there was a bit messy, but just as well. A win's a win, in the end.

The first game was very interesting, against the Blood Angels. I always like to see some space marines get smacked down. =) I see that the Reavers are pretty effective in your list, I've been thinking of picking some up myself to try them out, haven't used them since fourth edition. I'm mostly a coven player, though, so I suppose that's to be expected. I think heat lances are pretty darn cool, and they seem like they would be more reliable than dark lances when in melta range. I'll probably work on building myself a wych cult after I've got what I want for my coven.

I also just realized, reading your reports, that Hellions have the potential to get S6 on the charge. Rawr.
Back to top Go down
Ordo Bob
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Blackened Sun Battle Reports   Kabal of the Blackened Sun Battle Reports I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22 2011, 14:41

Thanks guys! Glad you enjoyed the reports! Smile

The +1S drug is DEFINITELY my favorite for that very reason! Certainly meleeing vehicles isn't the best way to kill them, but it sure is damned fun, and with I6 I'll drive in to a Dreadnought and rip some arms off with no hesitation!

The Reavers are tricky. When I can use them right, I feel like they're the greatest thing in the world. Whether against infantry on the ground or against tanks, when I can get in and pop something and not just roll over and die in return, I feel really good.

But personally, I really struggle to guess the ranges just right and get the theory on to the table. Don't get me wrong, I think they're great and will continue using them, but they seem to demand a bit more "finesse" than I possess Smile

I tend to use them as if they're expendable, when really they're not. I use them to bait and to screen and bubblewrap, and they're VERY good at those things, but there's so many points put in to them that it's easy to waste them.

But hell, the models kick ass so WTF. Smile

There's a report coming up on my blog in a few days with a good example of me virtually wasting the Reavers, though they did win me the game by dieing in a loud and grotesque manner. I tried to get them in to pop some Ork Battlewagons, guesstimated the range wrong and was left out of Melta, but couldn't back up enough to not get charged...3 Wagons full of Choppa boyz made quick work of all 18 Reavers...then the Hellions literally killed all the Boyz. Smile

Ordo Bob
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Blackened Sun Battle Reports   Kabal of the Blackened Sun Battle Reports I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22 2011, 14:49

Sorry for double-post...here's the Battle for Salvation stuff:

Pregame, Games 1 and 2

Game 3

Game 4

Game 5

Game 6

Game 7

EmoryNay
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Blackened Sun Battle Reports   Kabal of the Blackened Sun Battle Reports I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25 2011, 20:07

That Skaven-Dark-Eldar army is amazing. I have a friend who plays Skaven in fantasy, he has like a billion models. I'm going to have to tell him about that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Blackened Sun Battle Reports   Kabal of the Blackened Sun Battle Reports I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Blackened Sun Battle Reports
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: