THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Drukhari
Hellion
Drukhari

Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List Empty
PostSubject: Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List   Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 21 2018, 01:18

++ Battalion Detachment ++ 1533 Points

[HQ] Archon - Blaster, Agoniser, PGL 76
[HQ] Haemonculous - Parasite's Kiss, Agoniser, Crucible of Malediction 79

[Troop] Kabalite Warrior x5 35

[Dedicated Transport] Venom - Twin Splinter Rifle 80

[Elite] Mandrakes x5 95
[Elite] Mandrakes x5 95
[Elite] Mandrakes x5 95
[Elite] Mandrakes x5 95

[Heavy Support] Ravager - Dark Lance x3, Shock prow 156
[Heavy Support] Ravager - Dark Lance x3, Shock Prow 156
[Heavy Support] Ravager - Dark Lance x3, Shock Prow 156

++ Air Wing Detachment ++ 465 Points

[Flyer] Razorwing Jetfighter - Dark Lance x2, Twin Splinter Rifle 155

This is my updated 2000 point list. Last time I posted it was pointed out to me that my scourges with their stock carbines are just doing the same job Mandrakes do, but not as well. While I still believe scourges have a place as midfield objective control units, and are great at tying up vehicles because they can disengage and still shoot, I do concede that they're just a midrange deep striking unit. I'm not sure how much I'll miss their mobility, but hopefully the added survivability and mortal wounds output will more than make up for it.

Nobody liked my Trueborn units with 2 lances to hold backfield objectives, so I dropped them. Now I have some stock warrior units to hopefully provide a bubble to defend against turn 1 deep striking, then hold any friendly objectives if any of them survive.

There were comments about not spending the points on splinter cannons, and I was only taking them to increase my output while keeping blasters at range. I dropped all my splinter cannons AND blasters to free up some points for other things. This also increases the efficiency of my warriors since they're in much more aggressive units, so more likely to be within rapidfire range now.

All told I dropped 10 Trueborn with 4 Dark Lances, 15 Scourges with Shard Carbines, 3 Blasters, and downgraded 6 Splinter Cannons to Twin Splinter Rifles.

I added, 10 Mandrakes and split the initial unit of 10 into 2 units of 5. I added 15 warriors in units of 5, 1 venom, and 1 ravager.

I like the MSU playstyle and giving the enemy more targets than they know what to do with because it makes sure SOMETHING will get to do what it is there for, whereas dropping 300+ points on a raider of trueborn tends to get popped before it's even in range for the blasters to kill anything important. My only concern is giving up too many killpoints for missions where that's important, but hopefully having all my forwards infantry in transports with -1 to hit will help negate that at least a little bit.

The one comment I didn't take to heart from the last post was that I should bring a Voidraven instead of Razorwing Jetfighter for one of my flyer options. I understand that in some circumstances the mortal wounds would be worth it, but I feel like those instances are few enough and far enough between that 20 Mandrakes should be able to cover it. My biggest problems with Drukhari tend to be in dealing with infantry, and having an extra 20 poison shots/round from each Jetfighter feels worth it. Plus it builds in redundancy because I don't lose anything too bad if any of them die, whereas if the Voidraven died turn 1 I'd lose the opportunity to drop the nuke.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List   Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 21 2018, 02:25

Wow, seems really good! may you capture many slaves.

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

PostSubject: Re: Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List   Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22 2018, 16:08

Very strong optimized looking list. I agree with the changes discussed.

Would be fun to have four blasters and PGLs on the kablites riding in venoms, but don't see where you are going to find the points. After play testing give us an update on how you liked the Mandrakes vs Scourges. Was thinking of getting some mandrakes to try out in the future.
Back to top Go down
Drukhari
Hellion
Drukhari

PostSubject: Re: Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List   Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22 2018, 16:50

I could drop 2 warrior units for 4 blasters and 4 PGLs. That could put all the warriors in venoms, and make my Archon foot slog which i kinda like. But it'd leave my friendly objectives just held by ravagers.
Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

PostSubject: Re: Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List   Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22 2018, 17:38

If it was only about the objectives I would rather upgrade the venom kablite squads for better killing power, however I just ran into a tyranid army and I could have really used two 35pt kablite screen units to push out the genestealers popping out of the ground away from my more valuable targets. But PGL are excellent add-ons at 3pts. Maybe take out a shock prow to get one in a venom.

I'm torn, as with most changes probably comes down to what you will be facing.
Back to top Go down
Drukhari
Hellion
Drukhari

PostSubject: Re: Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List   Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22 2018, 19:12

I played a 4v4 2000 point game yesterday (500 points each) but we went in blind not sure who was coming or what they were bringing. Some dude brought only tanks, another dude brought forgeworld artillery, and another guy brought deathwing knights.

I brought a RWJF, and 2 venoms with kabalite warriors with no special weapons. RWJF got blown up before i even got to move it by tanks out of LOS who ignore cover. Having only splinterfire against vehicles and terminators feels really bad. I found myself wishing i had those blasters so I could at least threaten a couple terminators.

Sure against Tyranids it might feel like a waste, but making that vehicle a threat to everything instead of just hoping infantry show up makes putting it on the table feel a lot less like a gamble bringing it to a game against a list you don't know.

Moving forward for my 500 pt list I'll drop splinter cannons for blasters. It's just what I had sitting around when I left. I'll probably also drop some warriors for blasters so my venoms never feel like they have no options again. They're so fast they should be getting to choose whatever they want to do, not just hope there's something they might be able to do eventually.
Back to top Go down
DingWop
Hellion
DingWop

PostSubject: Re: Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List   Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22 2018, 20:06

I agree, all my venoms are currently running kabs with one blaster right now. My first tournament I brought blasterborn x4 in each venom and had fun with that. Now that I have more dark lance platforms (ravager/razorwing) I don't run the blasterborn, but at the time they were my MVP. They might be fun to try in a 500pt game.
Back to top Go down
Drukhari
Hellion
Drukhari

PostSubject: Re: Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List   Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 22 2018, 20:24

I feel like trueborn are too many eggs in one basket. I like redundancy so that there's no obvious target for the enemy, and if he does kill something it doesn't cripple me.
Back to top Go down
Lord Xelian
Hellion
Lord Xelian

PostSubject: Re: Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List   Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24 2018, 18:07

I like this list, but maybe 1 of 3 ravegers should run disintegrator cannons, you don't think?
Back to top Go down
Drukhari
Hellion
Drukhari

PostSubject: Re: Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List   Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24 2018, 18:30

Not really. The only thing dissies really help with is high toughness infantry like terminators, but terminators are pretty garbage right now anyway, so there's no need to build a list around them. Plus Mandrakes kill them better anyway.

If terminators DS near you, just fly away. They'll never catch up to your 14-16" move with their 5" move.

If I was going to bring any Dissies I'd put them on a RWJF for the -1 to hit so i could keep them alive longer.

But i can't see a reason to go through with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List   Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updated 2000 Point Pure Drukhari List
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: