THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Scrap Roost Combine

Go down 
+8
RedRegicide
Nathelis
amishprn86
aurynn
Rhivan
masamune
wormfromhell
zelatar
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

The Scrap Roost Combine - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Scrap Roost Combine   The Scrap Roost Combine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2018, 07:41

I dont think anyone is saying it better, he is saying its a tool he cant go without. How a wet pallet isnt needed but many will say its a must.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
zelatar
Kabalite Warrior
zelatar

PostSubject: Re: The Scrap Roost Combine   The Scrap Roost Combine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2018, 17:36

Oh I totally agree with you; the airbrush has very specific utility--there are plenty of cool techniques that can only be done by hand, and even if scenarios where you could airbrush, sometimes hand-panting will be the better option.

But I definitely think anyone into painting models should at least try out a cheapo airbrush and see if they like it. It's worth it just for the time saved priming, let alone zenithal highlighting or basing, or more advanced techniques.

I guess an exception would be people who simply enjoy the act of painting, even priming. It does have a sort of zen-like appeal. But for anyone trying to crank out an entire army, definitely worth it imo.

I agree though about the evangelizing--lots of youtube vids and bloggers who dive right into OSL on day one, and think they never need to pick up a paintbrush again.

Thank you for the feedback about the hellblasters! I'm gonna give green a shot. I like the idea that my successor chapter is succumbing to Chaos, and getting increasingly more decadent (hence the gold and the asymmetrical color scheme). I'm going to give the hellblaster sergeant a vaguely genestealer-cults skin tone, too, to drive the decadent theme home.

Speaking of decadence and evangelists, this Dark Souls enemy has kind of a 40K vibe, no?

The Scrap Roost Combine - Page 2 041216-220815833-big

Kabalite Warrior
zelatar

PostSubject: Re: The Scrap Roost Combine   The Scrap Roost Combine - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30 2018, 01:33

I based some Primaris this weekend but decided I needed a break. I've been eyeing Incubi Darkness and Warpstone Green, and was curious how well (or poorly) they'd airbrush together, zenithal-style. I tested on two poxwalkers that I primed black a while ago.

• Primed black
  • Incubi Darkness
  • 1:1 ID + Kabalite Green
  • Kabalite Green
  • 1:1 KG + Warpstone Glow
  • Warpstone Glow

I airbrushed in increasingly smaller areas with each subsequent layer, focusing on the highest focal points of the figures.

The Scrap Roost Combine - Page 2 20180410[/url]

The Scrap Roost Combine - Page 2 Mine110[/url]

I'm pretty happy with the results of the blend, although I don't know where to take them next. For example, I like the colors as flesh tones on the first guy, but I also like em as clothing colors on the second guy. I have some fun ideas for complementary highlights / focal point colors, in any case.

Anyway, not much this week but figured I'd share.

PostSubject: Re: The Scrap Roost Combine   The Scrap Roost Combine - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Scrap Roost Combine
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: