THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar!

Go down 
+3
Archon_91
Imateria
The Red King
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar! Empty
PostSubject: BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar!   BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24 2018, 12:11

BFG2 has been announced and though the first was not without problems it was a fun little romp and I'm honestly happy to see it get A sequel. The first game had real potential and if Tindalos learned from the first this could be a great game.

It doesn't hurt that the game will include 12 factions as opposed to the 3 available at launch for the last one.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar!   BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24 2018, 12:53

Link to the trailer for those that haven't seen it. Definitely looks liek Commoragh to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPbXOHZW8co
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar!   BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24 2018, 19:22

Ok so in the trailer it looks like Vect dies, half or most of Commorragh blows up, Yvraine rises, a planet gets destroyed and awakens the Necron fleet within that immediately encounters space tyranid, Girlyman starts his crusade and the Tau are absent ... Well ... I does look fun ... If only some of those Druhkari vehicles transfer to the table top ...
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar!   BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 24 2018, 21:05

From what I have read so far it is supposed to follow the events of the Gathering Storm...

I bought the first game hoping they would put in Dark Eldar, it was okay, I had some fun playing the Corsairs but I think at this point I'm going to just wait for it to go on sale and see what happens, not to mention if what I've read is true I really do not like the Gathering Storm so it removes some enthusiasm for this product..
Back to top Go down
Vorl-Xoelanth
Hellion
Vorl-Xoelanth

PostSubject: Re: BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar!   BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25 2018, 09:27

So those are definitely Dark Eldar ships chasing what must be Yvraines craft in her escape from Commoragh.

Archon_91 wrote:
Ok so in the trailer it looks like Vect dies

When does it imply this?

Also I hope that the Dark Eldar craft aren't just purple clones of the Eldar ones with blades attached to them.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar!   BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25 2018, 09:37

Archon_91 wrote:
Ok so in the trailer it looks like Vect dies

I'm not seeing that.

Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar!   BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25 2018, 10:10

I don't think Vect dies either, does look like a necron ship crashes into a craftworld though. As well as some crazy battle in commorragh.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar!   BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25 2018, 17:22

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
I don't think Vect dies either, does look like a necron ship crashes into a craftworld though. As well as some crazy battle in commorragh.

I watched it again and I'm not seeing the Necron ship crash into anything only see one about to be devoured by a tyranid hive ship and it looks like a few Eldar ships are hiding in the debris as the Necron fleet passes by it when they are first shown (I see an Eldar hull and a Solar Sail).

If you are talking about the very beginning it is one of the Blackstone Fortresses crashing into an Imperium of Man settlement causing the planet to break apart (at least the architecture looks Imperium to me).

As for Vect, I see absolutely nothing that shows him being killed, I think some people jump at every shadow to reinforce their fears. I only see some Dark Eldar Ships (given the bladevanes on them) shooting at something off screen.

Last edited by CurstAlchemist on Thu Jan 25 2018, 17:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected some errors I noticed.)
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar!   BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25 2018, 17:24

CurstAlchemist wrote:
Crazy_Ivan wrote:

I watched it again and I'm not seeing the Necron ship crash into anything only see one about to be devoured by a tyranid hive ship and it looks like a few Eldar ships are hiding in the debris as the Necron fleet passes by it when they are first shown (I see an Eldar hull and a Solar Sail).

If you are talking about the very beginning it is one of the BlacksStone Fortresses crashing into an Imperium of Man settlement causing the planet to break apart (at least the architecture looks Imperium to me).

As for Vect, I see absolutely nothing that shows him being killed, I think some people jump at every shadow to reinforce their fears. I only see some Dark Eldar Ships (given the blade vains on them) shooting at something off screen.
Thats almost certianly depicting how Cadia was destroyed.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar!   BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 25 2018, 17:29

That would fit with the articles I read that said it was going to follow the events in the Gathering Storm and in line with the new lore.

Also the ships don't seem to be just Craftworld and Corsair ships with bladevanes, their hulls look very similar in concept to Voidravens and Razorwings and they lack the solar sail that is more common with Wraithbone constructed vessels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar!   BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BattleFleet Gothic Armada II, now with Dark Eldar!
Page 1 of 1