THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae

Go down 
+8
Despiciens
horrid
Xelkireth
Malte
The Strange Dude
Baron Tordeck
Sky Serpent
LilLoser
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LilLoser
Hellion
LilLoser

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  Empty
PostSubject: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14 2011, 08:52

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  99762_md-EmperorImperialPurityScratchSealSpaceMarinescopy

By Edict of His Most Holy Emperor, I hereby charge Lil Lozerus in the compilation, research and dissection of all foul Xenos that besmirch the stars of the Burdgienne cluster (E34.P23d444-P53d444), Easten Fringe of the beneficent and Eternal Imperium.

Senchal Zahle Vanini Inquisitor Ordos Xenos second class

Day 123:

No sooner had we arrived on site than we discovered this world was not subject to an Astrates purge, but was instead found derelict. The Knights Solar, enraged by the lack of an enemy, made hasty departure from the system, leaving the Rogue trader’s Men at Arms to clean up any hostiles left on Traus.

No life forms exist here now, only the automated intelligences left by the Tau and the Mechanicum. Sentry drones make clicking sounds as we pass them, impotent to do us harm, their ammunition cylinders long since spent. Eerily, Tau equipment has been found in heaps, as if those inside simply vanished. No damage was discovered to imperial machinery or the buildings, reinforcing my master’s assertion that this world was not attacked for its resources.

I accompanied my lord and his retinue of appropriated Men at Arms to the listening outpost that broadcast the last imperial signal registered on this planet. We found nothing of interest until my lord Inquisitor initiated an archive data trawl through the logicii engines and unearthed this.

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3835

PIC ARCHIVE (ENCRYPTED_DATA): UNKNOWN
CROSS REF/ UNKNOWN
DESIGNATION: UNKNOWN

There are more pict scans encrypted in the archiving system which has been downloaded into a servitor blank. We leave this desultory rock to rendezvous with [CLASSIFIED_AUTHORISATION-DELTA-DELTA-PI]. I shall do my best to draw a line underneath the mystery of Traus 77.14 and not let it trouble me further.

++END++

Thought of the Day: Know that the Emperor is thy truth; any mystery may be answered by that.

Last edited by LilLoser on Sat May 14 2011, 20:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://loserstudio.blogspot.com/
LilLoser
Hellion
LilLoser

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14 2011, 08:53

+++DOWNLOADING+++
+++UNIDENTIFIED+++
+++ENCHANCED_PICT_ENTIRES+++

MESSAGE 1 OF 2

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3834
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3833
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3837
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3838
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3839
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3840

MESSAGE 2 OF 2

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3842
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3844
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3845
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3843

+++END+++

Lilloser
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14 2011, 14:44

A part of me finds your images self indulgent but you've tried something different and it looks great. Keep them coming Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
LilLoser
Hellion
LilLoser

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14 2011, 15:43

I'm being called self indulged by a person who calls himself Adminbael Vect, the supreme overlord of commorragh? On a Dark Eldar Forum? Lol

I run the images through a filter for the narrative aspect. I also thought this would be a much more playful way of presenting W.I.P pictures without paint on them. However, this approach has not been received well over at warseer, nor here either as it seems. It's dissapointing because I do put a lot of work into hte models, and I want to present them as best I can. I'll drop the narrative and filters, and just add pictures instead.

LilLoser

Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14 2011, 18:03

No, no, that's not what he ment, if you read past the self indulgent comment you'll see that he says they are good and to keep it up.

I like them as well, The narrative adds an extra bit to your work and show that you really do care about your army and models. Its a refreshing change from the "here is my model what do you think threads" we see on most forums/blogs.

the only thing I wold change is try to make them less grainy so more detail can be seen.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!

Last edited by Baron Tordeck on Sun May 15 2011, 05:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14 2011, 18:43

I noticed that too on Warseer, don't worry we like them here. When I say self indulgent I mean it may look to some that you have tried to hard. I however like the images you have made, they're probably just too different for most people.

Like I said, keep them coming, pictures with a fluffy twist are awesome, perhaps a parallel thread with just a normal log for your army would be good too.

And I am self indulgent, but that's why I collect Dark Eldar.
Back to top Go down
LilLoser
Hellion
LilLoser

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeSat May 14 2011, 22:46

Thank you both. The grainy pictures were meant to simulate how bad the pict feed recorders are, and the distortion that I imagine a Dark Eldar force would give out. The W.I.P pics would be the grainy version with simpler pics on my site, then I would post up completed, painted images with no distortion. I don't want to create two blogs, so for the sake of clarity I will strip out the theatre and use it as a showcase instead.

+++

]Shrine Wraiths-Mor Incubi

Heiarch Varakaai

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3891-1
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3892-1

Varakaai won the mask Rumour and Thief by murdering the Twin Headed Harlequin's Avant-Demi.

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3894-1
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3896-1

The Shrine of the Ghoul-Kin Murder was believed destroyed in the massacre of Shaadoom. It has become common practice for Incubi Shrines associated with the Kabal of the Poisoned tongue to hunt surviving members of the Ghoul-kin as a rite of passage to enter a real space raid.

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3908-1

These pic archives indicate that a few survivors remain, under the new Shrine name of Wraiths-Mor: a name that is both a disgrace, and a curse. They are a scattered tribe, united by the terrible pact they made during the last days of the sundering of Shadoom. For the Incubi of the Wraiths-Mor are dead, animated by the hellish alchemy of the Haemonculi Maristille Gene-Weaver. In death, they continue a war long lost against the Shrines that caused their genocide.

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3909-1

The Wraiths-Mor can be identified by their prevalence; or rather Maristille's taste, for flayed skin tabards and fetishes. The Gene-Weaver's sense of humour can be seen here on this Incubi's tabard incorporating a still living human being.

END.

As ever, more photo's and tid bits on the website (in sig.)

LilLoser

For Commission work enquiries: lilloser2008@gmail.com

Last edited by LilLoser on Mon May 23 2011, 11:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeMon May 16 2011, 15:27

Really nice converting it's making me green with envy!

Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeMon May 16 2011, 19:18

I really like the fact that you have given each Incubi their own personality and sense of individuality. Looking forward to seeing them painted up.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
Malte
Slave
Malte

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2011, 20:37

It's not very often you see heavily converted Dark Eldars, and I really like what you've got going here.
The incubi looks deadly, the reposing made them really made them come alive.
I have a hard time appreciating the usage of old splinter rifles instead of the standard trophy racks on the third incubus.
They look so bland and lack texture, seeing how old they are it's rather obvious.
Maybe some more work with green stuff to increase the quality of them?

I'll keep my eyes on this log, good source of inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 04:35

Malte wrote:
It's not very often you see heavily converted Dark Eldars, and I really like what you've got going here.
The incubi looks deadly, the reposing made them really made them come alive.
I have a hard time appreciating the usage of old splinter rifles instead of the standard trophy racks on the third incubus.
They look so bland and lack texture, seeing how old they are it's rather obvious.
Maybe some more work with green stuff to increase the quality of them?

I'll keep my eyes on this log, good source of inspiration.

I think once they are painted it will look less obvious.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeFri May 20 2011, 04:38

I'm in love with your Incubi. They look super dynamic. I gotta see if I can achieve something similar with the metal models.
Back to top Go down
horrid
Hellion
horrid

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeSat May 21 2011, 01:51

Great looking incubi. I especially like the "living tabard'. The quality/detail of your conversions was lost in the grainy pict captures but I really liked the mood evoked by the story and images. Yeah, I'd like it both ways. Smile
Back to top Go down
Despiciens
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 01:15

I like the grainy pictures a lot. I think its a cool way of presenting your characters and the fluff bits are interesting. However, I wouldn't mind some pictures of those character without the effects on them so I can fully appreciate the crafting you have done to them. Awesome incubi conversions by the way. 2 thumbs up!
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeSun May 22 2011, 08:26

Despiciens wrote:
I like the grainy pictures a lot. I think its a cool way of presenting your characters and the fluff bits are interesting. However, I wouldn't mind some pictures of those character without the effects on them so I can fully appreciate the crafting you have done to them. Awesome incubi conversions by the way. 2 thumbs up!
After the model is painted, I wouldn't mind the vid-pict style pictures. Until then, I want to see what awesome conversions you did.
Back to top Go down
LilLoser
Hellion
LilLoser

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeTue May 24 2011, 23:16

Don't worry, no more pict feeds, no more weird scratchy images. I don't think the way I was trying to tell the story was very well received. Just plain old pictures from now on with a little commentary on my thoughts when putting together these models.

I have a problem taking photo's of squads because of the way I have my light box set up. I have 20 Kabalite warriors painted up, so here's an image dump of some of my favourites:

Sybarite Thraxis

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000772
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000773

I assembled one of the squads with a lot of hellion parts. I love how feral the heads are, and I imagined my Archon offering the most vicious members of lower Commoragh a chance to serve in his weakened Kabal. Injecting new and vicious blood can never be a bad thing, can it?

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000775
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000776

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000777
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000778
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000784
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000785
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000782
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000783

Sigil of the Cult of the Flayed Prophet

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000781

Within Commoragh society I imagine there exists a whole plethora of cults, secret organisations, and abodes of sin. The warriors are already marked with all sorts of strange sigils, indicating their allegiances or past vices, so I thought I'd carry along this theme and sculpt flayed faces onto some of my warriors. Members of the pleasure cult of the flayed prophet must bear the mouth and eyes of a being considered holy to one of the prey species. This particular model has kept the face, adorning it on his right shoulder guard.

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000786
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000787
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000788
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000789
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000792

Human skin is in vogue with the Kabal of the Medusae now; especially when the human settlement is close to a Craftworld.

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000793
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000794
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000798
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000799

The Dark Eldar do this because they know that the seers will try and form a logic to their attacks and divine a pattern when, in truth, none exists save for the pleasure of torture.

LilLoser

Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 02:02

I just noticed how you painted your braid... I'm so jealous.
Back to top Go down
LilLoser
Hellion
LilLoser

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 19:39

Thanks man. It's always nice when someone notices those little flourishes to a model.

I got your message too, sounds like a helluva interesting project. check your inbox man.

LilLoser

Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeWed May 25 2011, 20:09

YES! these are awesome. Nice conversions Very Happy

Very nice metallics and I really like the use of Purple as the highlight color to Green.

Rabid Bunny
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2011, 01:52

Wow, these are looking really nice, the Incubi are coming along nicely. The paint job on those Kabalites is crazy.
Back to top Go down
LilLoser
Hellion
LilLoser

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2011, 20:26

Cheer's Lucky No.5. I took a lot of inspiration from your own Haemonculi (no doubt you can spot where)

And speaking of inspiration: Rabid bunny! Have you decided what colour you will be painting your own incubi? Because of the fluff, I'd like to riff my own colour scheme off yours.

Now, the bane of my existence, TMM Raiders!

Stage one; no problem!

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000766
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  P1000765

Stage two, my troubles begin.

I always knew these guys were going to give me a headache. Anyone who has painted large, flat surfaces with metallics know that it is hard to achieve a smooth, consistent outcome. The metallic pigment in the paint dries very quickly, and can leave area's patchy (see below)

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3936
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3937
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3938

Not good, especially on a £20 piece of kit. I have recently had a big clean of my desk, and this ugly thing was the only thing on there as I tried to go to sleep last night. What does that have to do with anything? Well, I came across a great tutorial/rambling debating the best techniques of getting a consistent metallic colour when airbrushing a Dredknight kit. The speaker suggested adding Velljo Glaze medium to slow down the drying process of the metallic pigment, allowing for a smoother blend.

And it's a fantastic tip! I wish I knew about this at the outset of this project. The glaze medium allows for much smoother transitions (even though I think this kind of paintwork is better handled by an airbrush):

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3940
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3941

I hope that you will be able to see that the second set of photographs are smoother than the first. With subsequent washes and candy coats, I hope eradicate any unseemly scratches from the base coat.

Any questions don't hesitate to ask. I don't swing by here as often as I like so it may take me a few days to reply.

LilLoser

Back to top Go down
Rabid Bunny
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2011, 20:32

My Incubi are going to be a very dark blue with grey filgree. Nothing too overkill.
Back to top Go down
LilLoser
Hellion
LilLoser

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 04 2011, 20:48

Ahhh, nice choice. I was thinking of painting mine an off white colour but i'm still waiting for inspiration to hit.

Are you planning on posting your own project log up here? It's got some great stuff in it, and may kick start off the project again (any reason to get you to post more photo's up).

LilLoser

Back to top Go down
LilLoser
Hellion
LilLoser

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 18:59

Here's what i've been working on in between commissions:

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3956

I've decided that I want my Talos to look quite subservient, with lots of hanging chains and trohpies. I imagine that my Haemonculous would use this Talos as a mix of personal assistant (for heavy lifting and gashing) and trophy cabinet.

More pictures on the blog.

I just realised that I haven't taken a photo of a little detail I have put on the raider. Here is a little snack for the crew:

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3962
Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  DSCF3963

All the best,

LilLoser

Back to top Go down
Foo
Kabalite Warrior
Foo

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10 2011, 19:46

Ha! Hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae    Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Excerpts from the Vile Bestiry: Kabal of the Medusae
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: