THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Alternate HQ abilities

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

Alternate HQ abilities  Empty
PostSubject: Alternate HQ abilities    Alternate HQ abilities  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02 2018, 03:25

The concept here is that each HQ replaces their current aura with both of the suggested abilities. One benefits all DE nearby, one benefits their specific subfaction. What are your thoughts on these?

Archon:
All part of the plan: Dark Eldar units within 6" of an Archon overwatch at BS -1, rather than 6+
Masterful orchestration of death: Kabal units within 6" of the Archon reroll 1's to hit during the shooting phase. If they are using a Splinter weapon, they instead reroll failed hits.

Succubus:
Countercharge: once per fight phase the Succubus or a Dark Eldar unit within 6" may use the counter attach strategem at a cost of 0 CP.
Queen of the Arena: Wych cult units within 6" of the Succubus reroll 1's to hit in the fight phase. Wyches and Bloodbrides, and thr Succubus reroll 1's to hit and wound instead.

Haemunculus:
Master of flesh: once per turn, choose a non vehicle model within 6" of the Haemonculus. If it is friendly it regains 1d3 lost wounds. If it is an enemy it takes 1d3 mortal wounds.
Proprietor of pain: Coven units gain +1 to their Feel No Pain saving throws when within 6" of a Haemunculus.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Alternate HQ abilities    Alternate HQ abilities  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02 2018, 10:56

Archon: to keep in line with more familiar rules, I'd suggest that instead of BS-1, the Overwatch rule be on a 5+. The second rule on shooting sounds ideal, and in line with thre sort fo thing these units tend to get.

Succubus: will always have trouble without a major ovberhaul of them AND Wyches. Would suggest instead of Countercharge, extend her Heroic Intervention range, or confere it to a nearby squad. Queen of the Arena sounds good.

Haemonculus: Master Of FLash is very much like a Tech priest repairing vehicles, and sounds perfect actually. Not sure having such a gauranteed dealing of Mortal Wounds is quite balanced, so maybe put that vs. enemy part on a die roll to succeed? +1 to FnP works well too.

Not to hijack, but I'd also suggest on the topic of HQ abilities, that Court of The Archon units should have similar traits with a 6" aura:
Lhamean: improved poison (+1 to wound)
Medusae: life giving fruit on their head (yes, its canon), so maybe +1 to saves or FnP?
Ur-Ghul: -1 to enemy Leadership
Sslyth: Can Overwatch within aura (to protect their master froma  charge)

http://www.escelionfilms.com
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Alternate HQ abilities    Alternate HQ abilities  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02 2018, 12:08

I like your suggestions... well, not sold on the heroic intervention range thing. Could do a 6" aura of Always Strikes First?

Love the court HQ abilities. Perfect force multipliers Smile

Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Alternate HQ abilities    Alternate HQ abilities  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02 2018, 14:29

I think the issue may be thats its not entirely clear. Theres no real point in it being a Strategem if it has cost is my main thinking.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Alternate HQ abilities    Alternate HQ abilities  I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02 2018, 22:55

I had figured that primarily you still had the opportunity cost: you can still only counterattack once per phase, it's just that the succubus and those around her could do it without a CP cost.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternate HQ abilities    Alternate HQ abilities  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternate HQ abilities
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: