THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Cruel Embrace

Go down 
+8
red_head
Lyijysiipi
Lord Xelian
clively
BigDaddyYumYums
RedRegicide
Squidmaster
yellabelly
12 posters
AuthorMessage
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 08 2018, 21:56

I've managed to finish up my first 1000 points of Dark Eldar, just in time for Throne of Skulls doubles on Saturday Cool

I went for a (hopefully) bit different paint scheme that would stand out nicely, but still suit the Dark Eldar and look suitably sinister. Let me know what you think, constructive criticism always welcome.

Apologies for the distinctly average (at best) photo quality. I've only got my phone camera and it's not great.
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0913
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0911
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0910
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0912
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0915
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0914
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0916

Last edited by yellabelly on Thu Apr 26 2018, 13:32; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09 2018, 08:12

The look pretty decent. Nice, solid work.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 09 2018, 14:19

That all looks great! Good colours

Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03 2018, 13:21

Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0918
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0917
Starting work on some Hellions. Got the skyboards all painted up and then I hit a small snag. I'd left the riders off (always do with these sorts of things) and would usually use some bluetac and a spare base to fix them for painting. Hellions have angled feet! They wouldn't bluetac to a base and hold, so I had to try some pinning.
Never done it before but have to say, it's a doddle. I've already got drills for magnetizing so all it took was some paperclip and cork. Hopefully it holds them firmly enough for painting, and the pins come out the feet again easily enough when I've finished.
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02 2018, 20:04

Well I've been making very slow progress the last couple of weeks. A bit of a stasis around the new codex probably, and waiting to see what comes. Now it's here I've definitely plenty to work on! Anyway, here are my Hellions all finished up, hope you like them!

Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0020
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0021
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0018
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0019

Slave
BigDaddyYumYums

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 03:28

Look Great! How are you doing the pink? It looks super sharp!
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 17:49

Those look really nice !

Hellion
Lord Xelian

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2018, 19:55

i really like the pink/green combination! good job
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15 2018, 20:18

Thanks for the encouragement guys! Now the codex is out I need to crack on scaling my army up to 1500pts of painted models. Starting with getting these gorgeous kits put together. I'm particularly excited about the scourges, they're just such nice sculpts!
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0024
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24 2018, 21:47

Decided it's time to crack on with some brush work. I've felt a bit unmotivated and just mucked about with a bit of building and base coating, and I need to make some progress to get an army built up. So, two venoms are now well under way. I like running 3 venoms with twin cannons, and 5 man kabalites squads in each with a blaster. Flayed Skull gives them a lot of mileage with rerolls, ignoring cover and a 19" move! I can get heavy splinter fire wherever I need it on the board and it really helps digging troops out of cover.
I've got the first round of edge highlights on the green sections. I've got one more to go on top, then two rounds bringing the edge highlights up on the pink sections.
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0113
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0114
Back to top Go down
Lyijysiipi
Hellion
Lyijysiipi

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25 2018, 01:10

Damn I like your color selection. And you've kept a consistent nice quality. Grats, that takes effort.
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeWed May 30 2018, 14:54

My succubus is all finished up, hooray! Now I have all 3 HQ's painted up ready to form an Alliance of Agony Twisted Evil
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0216
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0217
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0218

My venoms from the previous post are all but finished too. Just the gunner to go on each one, so I'll get some photos soon.

@Lyijysiipi thanks dude. I took my time picking colours when I started Dark Eldar. I've always had a habit of picking quite muted colours and my models have never stood out on the table top. I decided this time I wanted something that popped without being too "in your face", as it's nice to have my models stand out a bit.

Sybarite
red_head

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11 2018, 19:43

Damn, that's a really great looking army. Love your colour scheme, especially on the gliders and venoms. Amazing work.
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12 2018, 06:26

That's a lovely succubus and a nicely painted force in general. Well done!

yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 14 2018, 07:05

A little bit of work on my scourges. Wings are finished, except for some minor detailing on one or two pairs of wings. The feathers give a nice effect from some careful dry brush - I wasn't patient enough to individually paint each feather! The bat wings I found really tough though. There's absolutely no texture, detail or definition to work with on the wing membranes. Happy enough with the end result thankfully. I tried one pair with green membranes, and one pair with black. Now I've got the bodies to paint up, and looking forward to getting them down on the table!
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0411
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0412
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0410

Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0210
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Dsc_0211
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 17 2018, 23:47

Awesome stuff, keep up the good work cheers
And i feel your pain on the bat wings, but yours turned out great!
Looking forward to the finished Scourges.

yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09 2019, 21:37

Well after a few months hiatus from Warhammer, I've stirred myself to a couple of games and getting the paints back out. My scourge have spent those months just waiting to be armed with their haywire, which I have now made myself finish. Wrapping up an "old" unit feels like hard work when I'm keen to get on with a new one, but here they are at last.
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Mvimg_11
On a separate note - does anybody else find base coating really tedious? It seems to take forever, it's boring, and the model looks crap when its only basecoat colours. Highlights and detailing seem much quicker, more interesting, and actually make the model look better!
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Img_2010

Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09 2019, 23:02

damn those scourge are beautiful! and yeah, base coating is the worst

Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26 2019, 12:27

Got my first 5 Wyches done! Seemed to take a while - I'm terribly slow.... Anyway pleased with them, but I need to work on skin tones. Mine seem to just look a bit dirty and chalky, not quite right.Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Img_2011
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Mvimg_13
Also got my next victim on the painting table. It'll be my new Archon, as I have the official GW model and don't want two the same. The old sculpt is available on eBay at a thrifty £150! So conversion time. It's a very simple one, an Incubi head on an Isharann Soulrender body. I just need to find a huskblade arm and give him a splinter pistol and we're good to go.
Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Mvimg_12

Slave
Alandriakh

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2019, 19:05

Awesome looking army, I really like the color scheme, would you mind sharing the paint recipe?

Thanks in advance Smile
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31 2019, 23:41

Hey Alandriakh, glad you like them! Yea of course, it's nothing special and all straight out of the pots. For the green I've used coelia greenshade wash over a Caliban green base. Then edge highlighting up with kabalite and sybarite greens. I chose Caliban over Incubi Darkness because it comes in a spray can!
Same with the pink, using Screamer pink base and carroburg crimson wash, then edging up with pink horror and emperor's children.
With vehicles, the only difference is I don't bother with the washes. I don't think they'd make a difference on those big flat panels. Otherwise it's the same highlight process.
Whilst I'm here, I'll add a quick WIP pic of my Archon conversion as I've had an evening painting him!

Kabal of the Cruel Embrace Img_2012

Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2019, 00:52

Your army looks outstanding - the red / green mix is sublime! I've always been weary of going for that colour combination because these colours can sometimes give the army a Christmas tree vibe haha, but you've nailed it!

The reavers and scourges in particular as beautiful!

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitimeMon May 20 2019, 08:40

Thanks very much hydranixx. But don't be fooled into going for red and green on the basis of my army! I've used screamer, horror and fulgrim pinks, rather than reds! So I can't guarantee red and green won't look like a Christmas tree 😂
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Cruel Embrace   Kabal of the Cruel Embrace I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Cruel Embrace
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: