THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Could Archons get Scourge wings?

Go down 
+2
Gobsmakked
Peteman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Peteman
Slave

Could Archons get Scourge wings? Empty
PostSubject: Could Archons get Scourge wings?   Could Archons get Scourge wings? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2011, 00:08

As per the title. I reckon it would look pretty baddass for a Archons to have a working set of bat wings. It might not work gamewise I guess. But I've found nothing in the codex supporting or denying that one couldn't fluffwise. But what reason would an Archon have to not get them?
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Could Archons get Scourge wings?   Could Archons get Scourge wings? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2011, 02:45

Archons can do whatever they want, or get whatever they want from a Haemie, so there is no reason why you could not give yours wings. I think I may have even seen one like already, somewhere.

A related question might be, could a Scourge ever achieve the rank of Archon?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Could Archons get Scourge wings?   Could Archons get Scourge wings? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2011, 03:02

Aren't the Scourges basically representative of an alternate lifestyle choice? They don't work within the Kabal system, and consequently wouldn't ever be Archons unless they later joined the Kabals.

I suspect the answer is a Scourge could technically become an Archon if he worked at it - but would probably consider it a step down in station and would never attempt doing so in the first place.

Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Could Archons get Scourge wings?   Could Archons get Scourge wings? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2011, 04:10

Maybe if some scourges detected weakness from the archon and staged a coup, but if theyhe/she was that weak his/her kabal would likely notice first. With hunderds of kabals around thosands of years, it probably happened once or twice, the scourge may not have held on for long though. Much more likely for a archon have wings installed, or a dracon to get them and move up the ranks.
Back to top Go down
Xelkireth
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: Could Archons get Scourge wings?   Could Archons get Scourge wings? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2011, 10:58

Archons can do whatever they want. They're freaking Archons. My archon underwent the surgeries. If you're interested in my background, feel free to read my Index Xenos article.
Back to top Go down
Deneris
Hellion
Deneris

PostSubject: Re: Could Archons get Scourge wings?   Could Archons get Scourge wings? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2011, 16:59

Ahh... But surely the Scourges have some form of command structure... Greater Solarites, if you will. Perhaps said "Boss Scourges" could be the rough analog to an Archon (But, of course, consider themselves superior to a humble Archon). I always found the lack of a "named" Scourge IC rather odd- There must BE some scourges that manage to attain legendary status...
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Could Archons get Scourge wings?   Could Archons get Scourge wings? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2011, 18:45

Xelkireth wrote:
Archons can do whatever they want. They're freaking Archons. My archon underwent the surgeries. If you're interested in my background, feel free to read my Index Xenos article.
Oh, it's definitely not that an Archon couldn't - certainly they have the resources for it. But as presented in the book Scourges are a lifestyle choice and seem to end up outside of the normal structure. It's sort of the same reason an Archon wouldn't become a Wych or a Wrack - once you do those things you're moving into a different society as it were and tend to consider the previous society kinda passe' I would think.
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Could Archons get Scourge wings?   Could Archons get Scourge wings? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11 2011, 20:52

I could imagine a archon deciding he wanted wings to circle over his realm, but not have any interest in leaving the kabal to join the scourges. Nero Caesar would on occasion dress as a woman while taking audiences, he didn't want to give up being emperor. So, why couldn't a archon decide it would be entertaining to have wings and put the throne upside down on ceiling and hang like a bat. It would be intimidating to underlings to have to bend the neck to see him/her, and harder to rush a ceiling throne in an assassination attempt. It might make more want to eliminate the "deviant" archon, but he/she should be able to handle a few extra attempts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could Archons get Scourge wings?   Could Archons get Scourge wings? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could Archons get Scourge wings?
Page 1 of 1