THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Scar's Dark Eldar painting

Go down 
+3
Nathelis
Kantalla
Scarsminimadness
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Scarsminimadness
Slave
Scarsminimadness

Scar's Dark Eldar painting Empty
PostSubject: Scar's Dark Eldar painting   Scar's Dark Eldar painting I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 18 2018, 20:19

Hey all!

I'm new to the forums and new to dark eldar!
I run a fulltime painting studio in the Netherlands called Scar's Miniature Madness.
Been doing this for a full 5 yours now and recently i painted this dark eldar army for a client but the client didn't want the army anymore when it was finished due to some personal problems.

So i kept it and thought about selling it when the codex comes out.... but after having it for a while now i kinda like the army and have played 2 games with them so far and lost both pretty bad so i like to keep them and challenge myself to get it working!

This is everything what i painted so far!
I took gold with it @ Armies on parade at my local store that's why the pictures are with the display.

So next up is getting the competitiveness up and paint the new models to get some more games in!

Coming up:
2 Razorwings
10 Witchess
10 Mandrakes
1 Ravager
1 Tantalus
2 Talos
6 Reavers
5 Hellions
5 Incubi
10 Warriors
5 Scourges

I cant paint these fulltime so don't expect a spree of updates since i will be painting these in after hours when im not working on stuff from clients.
Scar's Dark Eldar painting Darkeldarjohnathangroup5
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Scar's Dark Eldar painting   Scar's Dark Eldar painting I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 18 2018, 20:51

Those look fantastic, a solid advert for your painting services.

I really like the basing too, how did you make those?

Back to top Go down
Scarsminimadness
Slave
Scarsminimadness

PostSubject: Re: Scar's Dark Eldar painting   Scar's Dark Eldar painting I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 13:37

Hi!

Thanks for the comment!

The bases are from dragonforge.com its the ice world base line.

Finished these 6 Reaver Jetbikes this week:
Scar's Dark Eldar painting Darkeldarjohnathangroup6
Back to top Go down
Nathelis
Slave
Nathelis

PostSubject: Re: Scar's Dark Eldar painting   Scar's Dark Eldar painting I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 16:05

Catchy color schee, I like it. Maybe you could take some bigger images of single models with a dark backround so that we can see the nice details a bit better.

Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Scar's Dark Eldar painting   Scar's Dark Eldar painting I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 21:32

My oh my, those are looking fantastic !

Really solid color choices and painting techniques !

Scar's Dark Eldar painting 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Scar's Dark Eldar painting 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Scarsminimadness
Slave
Scarsminimadness

PostSubject: Re: Scar's Dark Eldar painting   Scar's Dark Eldar painting I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01 2018, 14:46

Hey all!

Thanks for the comments!
I tried a darker part of my photo back drop and played a bit with the brightness of the picture hope this is a bit better Smile

Finished a Tantalus for the Dark Eldar:
Scar's Dark Eldar painting Darkeldarjohnathangroup7
Back to top Go down
elbazuk
Hellion
elbazuk

PostSubject: Re: Scar's Dark Eldar painting   Scar's Dark Eldar painting I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2018, 00:48

If you're not scared by some DE in pink and teal... you should be!

Great stuff.

Personally I'd have kept the bladevanes unweathered, but it still looks great.
Back to top Go down
Nathelis
Slave
Nathelis

PostSubject: Re: Scar's Dark Eldar painting   Scar's Dark Eldar painting I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2018, 10:34

yea the photos are real cool now. keep em coming Smile

Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Scar's Dark Eldar painting   Scar's Dark Eldar painting I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2018, 17:37

It's gorgeous work.

I'm also uncertain about the weathering on the bladevanes.

Back to top Go down
Scarsminimadness
Slave
Scarsminimadness

PostSubject: Re: Scar's Dark Eldar painting   Scar's Dark Eldar painting I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2018, 21:51

Hey all!!

I have painted some more models for the army! Just have to get the bases from dragonforge.com to finish them, also have 10 wyches and a new succubus ready then! Smile
Scar's Dark Eldar painting Darkeldarjohnathangroup8
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Scar's Dark Eldar painting   Scar's Dark Eldar painting I_icon_minitimeWed May 02 2018, 22:05

Catchy colour scheme and very clean work - you don't see turqouise with such bright purples together. It is nice to see more daedric inscriptions on the vehicles of the Dark Kin - the sigils very much feel at home on them.

My only criticism here would be that the inscriptions do not really signify anything and seem to be a scramble of random letters - unless the message is written in code, of course!

Scarsminimadness
Slave
Scarsminimadness

PostSubject: Re: Scar's Dark Eldar painting   Scar's Dark Eldar painting I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2018, 22:24

Hey all!

Thanks for the comment Siticus the Ancient, sorry i dont speak dark eldar-ish these are just some random transfers i added just for looks, didnt even know there was an actual language Very Happy

Finished 10 Wyches:
Scar's Dark Eldar painting Darkeldarjohnathangroup9
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Scar's Dark Eldar painting   Scar's Dark Eldar painting I_icon_minitimeThu May 17 2018, 08:20

Lovely wyches! The whole scheme and basing is just greay, the models immediately pop but the particular shades of purple and turquoise are mild enough for it not to be overpowering. A real treat to see this army on the table and play against, that's for sure! Superb work.

As for transfers, yeah, I figured they came in a piece as the lettering was too even and consistent to be freehand. Still, the daedric alphabet is nothing too complex - it really is just a 1:1 of the latin alphabet - but it looks very cool and mystic, hence our choice to use it.

Anyway, can't wait to see more of your models!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scar's Dark Eldar painting   Scar's Dark Eldar painting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scar's Dark Eldar painting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Project Logs
-
Jump to: