THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Open topped and shooting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

Open topped and shooting  Empty
PostSubject: Open topped and shooting    Open topped and shooting  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21 2018, 07:30

Can embarked squads shoot out of a transport, if the transport is in combat? The rules go to the trouble of pointing out embarked units can't Overwatch as they aren't being charged. That means embarked units don't count as being in combat and should be ok to keep firing.

Edit - the original transport teaser before 8th launched specifically says embarked troops can fire pistols into an enemy if the transport is engaged. But they can't fight, can't fire overwatch etc which would imply the units inside are not engaged....
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Open topped and shooting    Open topped and shooting  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21 2018, 09:19

The Open Topped rules make it clear:

"any retrictions or modifiers that apply to this models also apply to its passengers; for example, the passengers cannot shoot if this model has Fallen Back in the same turn, cannot shoot (except with Pistols) if this model is within 1" of an enemy unit.....etc."

When you fire out of an Open Topped Transport, you count the fire as coming from the Vehicle itself, and apply any modifiers and restrictions of the Vehicle to the passenger fire.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Open topped and shooting    Open topped and shooting  I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21 2018, 11:02

Missed that bit. Note to self - read rulebook carefully before asking silly questions.

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Open topped and shooting    Open topped and shooting  I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 22 2018, 12:40

I wouldn't worry. I've been guilty of terribly misreading and missing lines in the past too.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

PostSubject: Re: Open topped and shooting    Open topped and shooting  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26 2018, 13:41

Does this also mean that Dark Lances of units embarked get the -1 on hits heavy weapon penalty if the transport has moved?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Open topped and shooting    Open topped and shooting  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26 2018, 13:42

Ragnos wrote:
Does this also mean that Dark Lances of units embarked get the -1 on hits heavy weapon penalty if the transport has moved?

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

PostSubject: Re: Open topped and shooting    Open topped and shooting  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26 2018, 13:59

Ok, one more.

It says any restrictions or modifiers also count for the embarked unit. What if a raider, which has FLY, has fallen back? The restriction that it can not fire does not count for units with FLY. Therefore it does also not count for the embarked unit???

Is this correct?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Open topped and shooting    Open topped and shooting  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26 2018, 14:28

Ragnos wrote:
Ok, one more.

It says any restrictions or modifiers also count for the embarked unit. What if a raider, which has FLY, has fallen back? The restriction that it can not fire does not count for units with FLY. Therefore it does also not count for the embarked unit???

Is this correct?

That is specifically addressed in the open-topped rule so I would suggest familiarising yourself with it as it's fairly important for us.

Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

PostSubject: Re: Open topped and shooting    Open topped and shooting  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26 2018, 15:26

Thanks! How could I miss this.

Looks like I need to read the rules and descriptions a lot more carefully.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Open topped and shooting    Open topped and shooting  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Open topped and shooting
Page 1 of 1