THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Fight Phase Rule Check

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

Fight Phase Rule Check Empty
PostSubject: Fight Phase Rule Check   Fight Phase Rule Check I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 27 2018, 07:38

Dear mighty Archons,

im still new to WH40k and have a question regarding the fight phase. There is a similar topic "Shooting Rule Check". I think the consensus there was, that models of a unit which is shot at can still die even if the defending player removes the only models with LOS first. This was because the targets are chosen before the wounds are applied. I hope I got that right.

My question is how this works in the fight phase. What if only one model of a friendly unit with 10 models ( having 1 wound per model) is in 1" range to multiple enemy models of the same unit. The enemy unit deals e.g. 5 wounds. If I remove the only model in range, do I still have to split the remaining wounds to other models? How does this work if the enemy unit uses different weapons on each model? If I relate this to the topic of the shooting rule, I would say yes, I have to split the wounds. And also yes, the enemy unit can fight with all weapons because "4. choose melee weapon" comes after "3. choose targets".

How do you think about this?

Kind regards,
Ragnos
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Fight Phase Rule Check   Fight Phase Rule Check I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 27 2018, 09:11

You activate an entire unit (melee or ranged) at once, and you MUST declare targets for every single weapon all at once (everything has splitfire, but you must allocate them before resolving). SO the results and casualties won't interfere with attacks that already have been allocated.

BUT, if a unit of Gaunts is engaged with Assault Marines and Tac marines, and Assault marines get activated first, and after the removal of casualties the Tac marines are no longer engaged, then it gets a little more complicated.

If i remember correctly, a unit can either be activated if it is locked in combat, or if it made a successful charge this turn. So if the Marines did charge this turn, they could be activated and pile in, but if the removal of Gaunts disengaged them, and they didn't charge this turn, they don't get to attack (I think). But this is only a matter of multiple combat.

Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Fight Phase Rule Check   Fight Phase Rule Check I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 27 2018, 09:25

Mppqlmd has it right.

One little addition to his commentary:
If the Tactical Marines charged that turn they can activate, but if enough Gaunts were removed, they might not be able to get a model within 1" with their pile in move, so wouldn't be able to make any attacks.

Back to top Go down
Ragnos
Kabalite Warrior
Ragnos

PostSubject: Re: Fight Phase Rule Check   Fight Phase Rule Check I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 27 2018, 09:31

Perfect. Thanks for the good explanation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fight Phase Rule Check   Fight Phase Rule Check I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fight Phase Rule Check
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: