THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PoserMcBogus
Slave
PoserMcBogus

Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! Empty
PostSubject: Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please!   Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28 2018, 13:16

So after much nerdish hand-wringing, I finally gave in to the temptations of the Dark Eldar.
Here are the beginnings of my collection/army. It's going to be more pure Dark Eldar in the future, but I couldn't resist grabbing some of the made to order stuff too.
Might add some wraith constructs.
And some harlies too.

I'm aiming for a kind of nautical theme, inspired mainly by Moby Dick and Rime of the Ancient Mariner (though I was reading Frankenstein and Heart of Darkness when I had the idea... go figure) so for sure I'll get lots of raiders.
Other than that, mostly Kabalites, a few wytches and then an Archon. With a Harpoon and an Ivory leg. A razorwing around his neck might be a bit tricky, so I'm figuring it out. I think the punished-with-immortality thing works really well with Dark Eldar, as, to an extent, does the mutually-destructive quest for revenge.
I'm keeping the pallet a little limited for now - the brass you see on the Kabalite's knife is actually going to be abandoned, but I'm planning on adding more purple in future, and painting bare skin a kind of rich tan. Might add some variation in hair colour too, though nothing too extreme.

Thanks for looking! Thoughts and advice are always appreciated!Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! 27781611
Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! 27781811
Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! 27781911
Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! 27846311
Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! 27846411
Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! 27846510
Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! 27846611
Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! 27846711
Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! 27846811
Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! 27846911
Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! 27847011
Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! 27847111
Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! 27847211
Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! 27847311
Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! 27847411
Back to top Go down
PoserMcBogus
Slave
PoserMcBogus

PostSubject: Re: Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please!   Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 28 2018, 13:25

Just a note: what do you think of the mock-up of Illic Nightspear's base?
Back to top Go down
Lord Xelian
Hellion
Lord Xelian

PostSubject: Re: Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please!   Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02 2018, 19:53

PoserMcBogus wrote:
Just a note: what do you think of the mock-up of Illic Nightspear's base?
it's amazing, and i like all the miniatures. good job!
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please!   Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03 2018, 06:21

This is really cool Smile

As a suggestion, you could try to get this guy. He's a Dark Elf, but can easily pass for Drukhari, and it's probably not too difficult to put a gun on him:

Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! 99070210

Also, the rider in this chariot has a pirate-y look to him and carries a massive harpoon.

Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! 99120210

I probably have a spare one, if you'd like him Smile
Back to top Go down
PoserMcBogus
Slave
PoserMcBogus

PostSubject: Re: Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please!   Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03 2018, 10:33

Ooh, gotta say I'd be interested in that offer... only problem is that I'm in South Korea right now, and will be for another 6 months.

The dark elf was actually what made me think of the nautical theme. I might get him at some point, but probably to butcher him for parts.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys! I'll keep you all updated as I progress!
Back to top Go down
PoserMcBogus
Slave
PoserMcBogus

PostSubject: Re: Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please!   Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11 2018, 15:41

So I've finished my first test for a skin tone - C+C would be very appreciated!

I'm trying to channel a kind of '90s Record of Lodoss War Japanese anime 'very literal Dark' Dark Elves thing, which I think was a bit inspired by the 'Gyaru/ギャル' fashion trend of about the same time.
Whilst it really comes out of me being a massive nerd, and also not wanting to paint pale skin with pale armor I think it kind of fits the sailor thing. Water, water everywhere, and not a drop to drink and all that.

It's a bit of a damocles sword if I'm honest - a rich dark gold tan, but looking like it's on an originally pale-skinned person.
(https://imgur.com/a/zNIhb Here are some examples so you know what I'm rambling about. Slightly NSFW but no nudes mods pls no ban)

As ever, thanks for looking! C+C always appreciated, I hope you like my ramblings and my minis even more!Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! P1040011
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please!   Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just started a Dark Eldar/Eldar soup army - C+C please!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

LOW COMMORRAGH - THE WORKSHOPS

:: Painting & Modelling Discussion
-
Jump to: