THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new) Empty
PostSubject: need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new)   need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 10:35

hey so guys and gals, please i need opinions and critiquing on this list. I havent even played my first DE game yet, and im really eager, but i need to know first if this list would work quite well. cause of course, no one wants to get tabled on their first game with a new army Razz

but here we go, iv got a few list in mind. but here, ill let you guys look.

HQ
Haem w. liquifier gun - 60pts

ELITES
4 Trueborns w. 2 splinter cannons & 2 shardcarbines or shredders
Venom w. 2 splinter cannons
- 143pts

TROOPS
9 wyches - 190pts
hekatrix w. agoniser
Raider w. DL & FF or NS
(haem joins)

9 wyches - 190pts
hekatrix w. agoniser
Raider w. DL & FF or NS
(haem joins)

5 warriors - 115pts
w. blaster
Venom

HEAVY
Ravager w. DL - 115pts
FF or NS

Ravager w. DL- 115pts
FF or NS

This list would leave me with 12pts to spare, that i dont know what to spend on but other than venom blades to each of the haem. Also that trueborn AI squad can also be replaced with 5TB w. 4 shredders & 1 Splint cannon. for 155 for an exact 1000. but what will be more effective for AI? pie plates or lots of shots?

So heres the other list i had in mind.

HQ

ELITES
5 Trueborns w. 2 splinter cannons & 3 shardcarbines or shredders
- 160pts

3 TB w. 2 DL - 85

3 TB w. 2 DL - 85

TROOPS
9 wyches - 190pts
hekatrix w. agoniser
Raider w. DL & FF or NS
(haem joins)

9 wyches - 190pts
hekatrix w. agoniser
Raider w. DL & FF or NS
(haem joins)

5 warriors - 45pts

HEAVY
Ravager w. DL - 115pts
FF or NS

that will be 990, which will leave me with 10 pts spare. so same problem. dont know where to spend it.
I could also change things up to let an archon or succubus take point. im even considering making room for sliscus for the TB squad. HELLO 3+ POISON!! Very Happy but anyways!! sorry that was long. but i hope you guys can help me!

Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new)   need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 10:43

I like your first list better but I would have the trueborn with blaster's instead since there good at AT and AI.

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new)   need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 18:51

The first list is overall the superior of the two.
12 points to spare looks like you ought to buy that extra S.Cannon on the Warrior Venom.

I don't see these lists as being ongwtflolbbq! when you put them on the table, but they're certainly not inherently bad and will show you a lot of things about DE so I like them as starting lists (though will caution - modeling wise, if you plan to go competitive, Shredders will not be something you'll likely ever want modeled onto a figure).

Back to top Go down
Kesharq
Kabalite Warrior
Kesharq

PostSubject: Re: need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new)   need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 20:01

gunnerboy1607 wrote:

HQ

As for the venomblades on the Haems, my experience is quite bad with them on my Haems due to bad dice. But might work with your dice

gunnerboy1607 wrote:

ELITES
4 Trueborns w. 2 splinter cannons & 2 shardcarbines or shredders
- 143pts

How many vehicles do/will you face in your games? For the same points you can get 4 TB with 2 Blasters.

gunnerboy1607 wrote:

TROOPS
9 wyches - 190pts
hekatrix w. agoniser
Raider w. DL & FF or NS
(haem joins)

9 wyches - 190pts
hekatrix w. agoniser
Raider w. DL & FF or NS
(haem joins)

solid choice, get flickerfields on the Raiders because they will end up close to the enemy, so nightshields will perhaps just work for the first turn

gunnerboy1607 wrote:

5 warriors - 115pts
w. blaster
Venom

again a solid choice. Perhaps get the Venom a second SC with the leftover points

gunnerboy1607 wrote:

HEAVY
Ravager w. DL - 115pts
FF or NS

Ravager w. DL- 115pts
FF or NS

Get the flickerfields. The save is really worth the points.

Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new)   need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13 2011, 07:47

okay i forgot to put this information in that might be useful Razz most armies that i will be versing are vanilla marines...but there are times where ill be facing armies such as space wolves (a bit worried bout...never played against them), new crons (scary..read the codex, mostly with their new CC units), eldar, nids, orks, tau, daemons, and most frightening for me is the GREY KNIGHTS!!! :/ soooo please! help me bring home glory to DE!!! Very Happy

@ lululu_42 - yeah cool thanks! cause that where i was sorta leaning too, but...i didnt choose blasters cause i wanted a full on AI unit that can take out. most likely a unit of something. (mostly against horde armies, those lots of shots will do better than 1 shot from blaster).

@ Thor665 - hmmm, true...cause i was just thinking that if the warriors inside is for AT, that it might be useless...but then once theres no tanks to tragets and just infantry, itll be useful Razz

"I don't see these lists as being ongwtflolbbq! when you put them on the table..." <-- hahah i laughed when i read the omgwtflolbbq part! Razz but alrighty then...fair enough, but what is missing from this list thats not making it an "omgwtflolbbq! list"??...i know u have some tricks up ur sleeve to make this list even more evil! SHARE IT PLEASE!! Very Happy

@ Kesharq -
1.) yeah, true...but that is a 2+ to wound...mustve been a bad day for you ey Razz but i was also thinking, if i should jsut keep the haem in the raider and just BBQ people instead of going into combat with the wyches...woudl that be a better idea??

2.) well it depends on who i play, but i think prob in a 1000pts team and against marines, ill be facing prob 1 rhino w. predator or dread...and if guards, roughly round 1-2 valks and 2 russes...and if eldar, well. a falcon and vypers with the seer council...sooo it really depends on who...

Kabalite Warrior
lululu_42

PostSubject: Re: need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new)   need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13 2011, 20:12

I think 4x trueborn 3x shardcarbine 1x blaster venom w/ twinlinked splinter rifles would be a better load out just read that splinter cannons count as heavy weapons while on a vehicle (don't know if that also affects troops on a transport too.) Or just the 4x shardcarbines allowing them to constantly move and shoot.

Space Elves get a pass.
Back to top Go down
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new)   need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2011, 07:36

i actually dont know now, but iv mostly played with heavy on the whole vehicle including transported units...but good thing is!! OUR GUNS COUNTS AS DEFENSIVE WEAPONS!!! Very Happy

Kabalite Warrior
POwell0

PostSubject: Re: need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new)   need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16 2011, 21:13

One thing (or two depending on your choice) that will help with the Grey Knights will be an Archon and/or a Succubus instead of the Heamies (power weapons ignore FNP so the reason to take the heamies ie the pain token from turn one, is nulled right their). With their high WS,I and the onbligatory Agoniser they can easily hold their own against GK (even termies if your lucky).
I play against GK's a lot and they dont scare me as much as they used to when i played Tau.

Also Nightshields are invaluable against GK's. All their weaponry (or at least over 90%) is 24"or less so those ravagers can stay 24" away and blast tanks to their hearts content. If you play it right they will go a whole game without being shot at. Works with 'Nids and Orks aswell but to a lesser degree.
Back to top Go down
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new)   need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2011, 11:18

@p0well0 - THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! (nice avatar btw Smile ) but thank you for that ill keep that in mind...sooo do u think i should drop one of the haem for an archon or succubus instead??
and im not just asking for against GK...like a broad type of enemies...like if ur just looking for a list that will table opponents?? or one that is very competitive for competitions??

Kabalite Warrior
POwell0

PostSubject: ertg   need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2011, 11:52

Im not a fan of Heamies personally so i would take a Succubus with an Agoniser and Haywires that would set you bank 90Pts so if you drop both Heamies that 30 pts left over to add either an FF or NS to your vehicles and she would give you some MAJOR CC punch. Mine has taken down whole squads unsupported, GK's and Black Templars both of which are renowned in CC.

In the end its all about personal choice and how you play. If the Heamies dont work try the Succubus or an Archon or a mixture till you are happy.

My current list is similar in set up to yours and I have had good games against all opponients
Back to top Go down
gunnerboy1607
Kabalite Warrior
gunnerboy1607

PostSubject: Re: need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new)   need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2011, 12:05

hahaha fair enough! but i like them! Razz i really like haem and their PT. but i might just drop one and put a succu with an aggy and maybe haywire. thanks though. and the raiders already come with them (i paid for em already) and the venom comes with FF.

PostSubject: Re: need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new)   need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need opinion please! - 1000pts kabal of the shivering isles list (new)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: