THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Kabal... Need some help...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Archon Zarkalus
Hellion
Archon Zarkalus

New Kabal... Need some help... Empty
PostSubject: New Kabal... Need some help...   New Kabal... Need some help... I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 12 2011, 21:38

Greeting my fellow Archons, Succubi and Haemonculi,

I come before you requesting some help in crafting my new Dark Eldar army.

I have been playing around with several different ideas for an army and I want to nail it down before I start to buy minis and models. There is no need to buy something that you won't be using.

My initial idea was to build my army as Obsidian Rose. I like the paint scheme and the fluff is interesting also. Then... I was looking at models and started to look at different model possibilities. I started to look at the different stories of the Dark Eldar... I found out about Poisoned Tongue and thought that it might be cool to make a conversion for Lady Malys.

I went back and was re-reading the codex, trying to find a nugget of an idea as to what path to take. I found a line in the codex that struck me.

"Haemonculi, a twisted brotherhood of torturers and monsters so ancient and steeped in evil that their continued existence requires daily acts if indescibable torment." (Dark Eldar Codex 5th Ed, p37)

This description makes me think of the Cenebites from the Hellraiser movies. Who knows... maybe the movies inspired the minis. This got me to start thinking about a possible design.

Coven of the Souless Lamnations

A Coven of Haemoculus dedicated to the pursuit of ultimate pleasure, through the application of ultimate pain. The Haemoculi are led by a particularly twisted Haemoculus named, Yel'darb. Yel'darb is always found with his close advisors... fellow Haemoculi.

I was thinking of painting them as black armor with brass/gold trim. I have found several good images of the Lament Configuration (cube from Hellraiser movies), which I was going to use as the logos on the sails of the vehicles.

Any thoughts?

Any suggestions?

Anybody else use this theme? Any pics??

HELP!!! Sad
Back to top Go down
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: New Kabal... Need some help...   New Kabal... Need some help... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13 2011, 06:23

Sounds pretty awesome of an idea to me. I love the story/rules for Wracks and wish they were plastic (i'd have 6 full units). From your descrption I picture a ton of Wracks and Grots led by a whole Coven of Haemonculi followed up with Talo/Chronos. You could use the basic models or completly costumize your units to your liking. Thats what I pictured from reading the post anyways, hope it helps.

...and I know some may not like the thought, but sounds like they too could have some possible allignment/connection with She Who Thirsts.
Back to top Go down
Archon Zarkalus
Hellion
Archon Zarkalus

PostSubject: Re: New Kabal... Need some help...   New Kabal... Need some help... I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13 2011, 11:58

Ciirian, Thanks for the input. I too was thinking that there would be a lot of Wracks in the army. I was going to stay away from Grots' as the models are expensive.

I was thinking that I might have a couple of squads of Poisoned Tongue warriors as well... sort of an unholy alliance between Lady Malys and Yel'darb.

** as an aside.. the name Yel'darb is Bradley spelled backwards... and Bradley is the name of the actor who played Pinhead.
Back to top Go down
Archon_Kaliraax
Hellion
Archon_Kaliraax

PostSubject: Re: New Kabal... Need some help...   New Kabal... Need some help... I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28 2012, 06:04

That the first thing I thought of when I read that name! Thats the nest thing about DE, if you are taking them into battle, having another kabal join you for some good ol fashioned slaughter is all good. Cool concept though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Kabal... Need some help...   New Kabal... Need some help... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Kabal... Need some help...
Page 1 of 1