THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike Empty
PostSubject: Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike   Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16 2018, 21:09

So I think I know the answer but I am curious as to your opinions.

If I have a unit inside of a transport (or not even on the table via some alternate deployment) and have a stratagem that is used at the start of my turn and affects a unit in my army, can I target them with the intention of them leaving the transport or arriving that turn?

I assume the answer to both will probably be no with the idea of "they don't exist if they are not on the table" but I figured I'd ask none the less.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike   Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16 2018, 21:51

I'd say no, indeed. Can't target something that isn't on the board.

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike   Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17 2018, 11:59

If its a Strategem which affects deployment, for example the Eldar one which allows you to Deep Strike a vehicle, then any passengers would be affected too.

If its on the board, the Strategem applies ONLY to the vehicle.

Whats important to remember is that a unit inside a Transport counts as not being on the board at all. It is not on the board, and does not count as existing. The only exception to this so far is open Topped which lets you shoot, but the unit still counts as not existing on the board.
As such no Strategems or abilities on the board can affect them until they deploy.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike   Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17 2018, 12:07

Which is a bummer. If we get some "Target kabal unit can shoot twice" Stratagem, you'd have to disembark to use it...

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike   Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 18 2018, 11:07

Basically, yeah. Otherwise you'd be targetting the Transport.

Could be perfectly imaginable that "Splinter Racks" could target a unit in a transport though.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike   Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 06:32

Where is the rule you cannot target something not on the table? The only problem is if there is range in that case?
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike   Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 08:42

Without having things easily to hand, it was clarified via FAQs in 7th, that a unit in a transport is not considered to be on the table and can't interact with other units or the battlefield except in the specific cases where it is mentioned, such as open topped vehicles and disembarking.

I'm naturally assuming the FAQs still have some similar reference, although I haven't checked to confirm that.

Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike   Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20 2018, 07:57

Yeah but before you never specified where not on the table things were, now you also specify if something is in a tunnel, in a genestealer node, high up in the air waiting to drop down etc.
So even things not on the table are somewhere in the game already?
Might have to look it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike   Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stratagems and Transports/Deep strike
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Rules: Queries & Questions
-
Jump to: