THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

8th Edition Fan Codex

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

8th Edition Fan Codex Empty
PostSubject: 8th Edition Fan Codex   8th Edition Fan Codex I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 05:18

Admittedly this was a bit rushed because GW is pumping codexes out so fast but here it is. When in doubt, it's probably like the index. The "changes" summary in particular is woefully incomplete, and I would like to add a few more stratagems too but here she is:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BzSOu8bFntK7M3lVNTliNVpoZlE?usp=sharing

I probably tried to do too much with this, adding 3 new units (a "Painseer" option for out-of-Commorragh pirates and 2 variants on Mandrakes one with their own psychic discipline - so that's 2 psychic disciplines in the dex), and trying to put summaries of all the weapon options after each unit entry, etc.

The structure of the deck is basically the same as the Chaos Demons codex. If you do Drukhari soup you get access only to the Drukhari relics, stratagems, warlord traits, and the "Alliance Attributes". If you dedicate to either Kabal, Cult, or Coven you gain access to each subfaction's relics, stratagems, and warlord traits in addition to the Kabal signatures, Cult obsessions, and Coven creeds which are more powerful than the alliance of death attributes.

Admittedly, the power-level is sloppy but I tried to get the points right at least. To calculate Power level all one has to do is add up all possible options in points for a squad of a particular size bracket (including the base models) and divide by 20 rounding to the nearest 20. I didn't want to crunch out the math for each unit (especially units like the Archon, who easily has the most options of any unit in the game).

I hope you'll find that generally you have more options in terms of wargear, said wargear is deadlier, there are new options like access to psychic powers and psychic defense, and character options, there are the standard perks of traits and points adjustments, poison is both more logical and more playable now, stratagems reward successful generalship, and speedy things are generally speedier. This is in my opinion my finest work to date. Enjoy, and I'm happy to look over other fandexes as well. Happy hobbying!

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition Fan Codex   8th Edition Fan Codex I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 08:51

It's nice, but... is it really for 8th edition ? There are tons of USR that don't exist anymore (bulky, move through cover, ...), Hellions have a rule to help them "decide the victor of a combat round" (which is no longer a thing).

Also, where are the rules for Cluster caltrops and grav-talons ?

But good job, looks like a lot of work.

Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition Fan Codex   8th Edition Fan Codex I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 19 2018, 16:18

the usrs are definitely not supposed to be there... be right back

okay i think i managed to clean things up a bit.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
Fl4iedSkul
Hellion
Fl4iedSkul

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition Fan Codex   8th Edition Fan Codex I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 26 2018, 13:08

I like it, but come on dude. The Flayed Skull ability is terrible and isn't sensical to our guys. Our troopers aren't fast, it's our vehicles. Something that would of made sense would be to have the Reaver rule like you do but also have it with Scourges, give us the ability for our planes to turn 90 degrees both at the start of the turn and at the end (like the Eldar) and make that advance 4 extra inches for only Kabal models with the Fly keyword.

Then again, if I wanted this to happen I should probably actually make my own Fandex rabbit

Vrasque Malidrach needs an official character in game Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8th Edition Fan Codex   8th Edition Fan Codex I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8th Edition Fan Codex
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development