THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Returning to 2000p.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

Returning to 2000p. Empty
PostSubject: Returning to 2000p.   Returning to 2000p. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13 2011, 15:33

So lately it has been many games with 1500p lists. Now since the tournament is over i am going back to what is standard on our local gaming club. 2000p without any restrictions.

I have played two games so far with a list, just made some slim changes from the first game to make it more effective. The thing is that i got a bit tired of running mechanised after the tournament. Somehow i have always thought playing only footsoldiers is more for me. So yeah basicly the meta in 5th doesnt suite me well.

Anyhow this is the list i was running.

Vect
2 x haemonculus: 1 power weapon, 2 wwp

3 grots: liquifier, aberration
5 harlequins: 5 kisses, shadowseer

10 warriors: blaster, splinter cannon, sybarite
12 wyches: 2 shardnets, haywires, heka with agoniser
12 wyches: 2 shardnets, haywires, heka with agoniser
3 wracks

3 beastmasters: 5 khymereas, 4 razorwing flocks

talos: chain-flails, TL heat lance

So thats it. Both games vect was terrible. In the first one he joined wracks and came out of portal and assaulted a lone wolf. I lost the combat by one and rolled 11 on moral and fleed. Then he shot up another wrack and i couldnt rally. The second game i came in with the same unit and fleeted and dit some good moves. I managed to get myself into cover so the wracks could take a few shots if they were coming. The unit gets some bullets and the flickerfield fails on the first saving throw rolled. Vect then eats a missile and is dead in turn 2.

With these two results i can't really tell how he would work in my army. I think he would be good. But i have managed pretty well without him before and i will try without again. Insteed i am letting my Jet-set friend back in the game, it is time for the Baron.

There are some major changes in this list since i felt something was lacking. Mainly it is that i need more units to opereate with. I will give this one a go for a couple of games and see what might need to be changed.

baron
2 x haemonculus: 2 power weapons, 2 wwp's

3 trueborns: 2 blasters

10 warriors: dark lance, blaster, sybarite
10 warriors: dark lance, blaster, sybarite
5 warriors: blaster
9 wyches: haywires, hekatrix

2 beastmasters: 4 khymereas, 2 razorwing flocks
2 beastmasters: 4 khymereas, 2 razorwing flocks
5 scourges: 2 haywire blasters

So i'm filling up on the choices here. The 3 trueborns might be better of invested into making the 5 men strong warrior unit into a identical one like the other two. I'l give that some thought later on.

Grotesques is my new portal delivery units. I have been using one unit of grots and one unit of Harlequins but really i find the grots to be more useful at what they do here. They are also awesome and can eat alot of fire and still claw true a couple of tanks.

I know i know that my portal delivery is going slow forward. I know you will tell me to invest in a raider or venom to get a portal higher up but i don't want that. I want my portals midfield and the list is built around that. There are NOT going to be ANY VEHICLES AT ALL in this list. Just to make it cledar. Besides that i would appreciate all suggestions and questions.

Returning to 2000p.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: