THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

A few rules I wish we did not need to go without.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

A few rules I wish we did not need to go without. Empty
PostSubject: A few rules I wish we did not need to go without.   A few rules I wish we did not need to go without. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13 2011, 18:05

I have been reading the codex allot and trying to find the best ways to make deadly units using the rules there are but after a few hours of reading I cant help but start wish listing.

Rule one I wish we had; Poisoned close combat weapons for wyches.
I have a horde of wracks that I custom made with my girlfriend and after some games I realized that they are not as great as I hoped. Even with there 'T4' there low 'I' and there feel no pain makes them not as great as I would have liked. There main advantage over wyches is there Poisoned weapons. Now if wyches had the a splinter pistol and a poisoned weapon then you would have a survivable, fast and deadly assault unit thats only downgrade from wracks would be the 'T3'. If you have an opposing opinion on wracks I would LOVE to hear it because it would save me allot of money using my wracks.

Rule two that I wish we had; aerial assault for raiders and venoms.
In the core rule book I believe it states that a unit in a transport that moves more than six cannot fire. This limits your raiders and venoms from being effective gun boats. If the aerial assault rule was given to all ships and was worded more like ""Due to the advanced engines and skilled pilots dark eldar craft that move at cruising speed acts as if they have remained stationary as the speed of the vessel is barely noticeable for the crew and passengers aboard."" I think a rule like this for all dark eldar vehicles would make gunboats tactics allot better |Can anyone say splinter racks|

Well there are a few of my ideas on making the DE better |Not that we need it cuss dark eldar RULE|
If you have any thoughts on what I said or just want to add something please let me know what you think because I would love to get some feed back from the eldar of Commorragh.

Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: A few rules I wish we did not need to go without.   A few rules I wish we did not need to go without. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13 2011, 18:51

Raiders and Venoms are FAST so check the rules for that. Also on a venom the weapons are 'defensive' as they are not over S4 so you can move and fire both sets of guns on a raider.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: A few rules I wish we did not need to go without.   A few rules I wish we did not need to go without. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13 2011, 19:13

Phototoxin wrote:
Raiders and Venoms are FAST so check the rules for that. Also on a venom the weapons are 'defensive' as they are not over S4 so you can move and fire both sets of guns on a raider.
Which is great for the transport itself. But he was talking about the people insides ability to fire.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: A few rules I wish we did not need to go without.   A few rules I wish we did not need to go without. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13 2011, 20:16

I would argue that Wracks and Wyches are good at different things. I use at least a unit of each in all of my armies. Wracks are great at taking down the big multi-wound high T big things while Wyches are better at tying them up/killing Dreads or vehicles. If taken as a Troop choice Wracks can claim and park on objectives while actually surviving if there isn't anything else to charge. Their "low" initiative is 4. While it isn't insanely high, you are striking at the same time as Wraithlords/SM's/ before big bugs. If their transport is blown up they survive the explosions MUCH better than their Wyche counterparts. I know on this site the standard line is "If your Wyches raider is being shot at you're playing wrong", but it does happen from time to time. They both do what they do pretty well IMHO if you use them correctly.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: A few rules I wish we did not need to go without.   A few rules I wish we did not need to go without. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13 2011, 21:11

I see your point Mr.ESE. I guess its just the after affect of old armys I used to play with many multi use units. Its hard getting used to the Dark eldars focus.

And the Baron is right Mr.PhotoToxin I was refering to the units inside of transports. I like to run trueborn in venoms and use them as gun boats which is made hard by the fact I can only move 6" and shoot with them. Eather splinter spam or Blasterborn I would love to beable to dart around AND shoot at the same time.

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: A few rules I wish we did not need to go without.   A few rules I wish we did not need to go without. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2011, 15:35

Gunboats are still very viable, even without your suggested rule. Personally I prefer them over venomspam, but I guess thats just the old blood in me Razz

As for Wracks, Im sorry you dont like them. The more I play with them, the more I love them over wyches. Sure, wyches are amazing for what they do, but I find that they get blown out of the sky at T1 everytime as they are a high priority target for most of my opponents. On top of that their 6+ save isnt going to save them from the explosion, and if you buy a haemie for them well... thats atleast 50 pts just for FNP only on one squad, and it lowers their effectiveness as they lose a ww (and fleet)

Personally the rule I wish we got was the Agoniser being a posion weapon. Too many times I fail to wound with the thing, and those re-rolls would be nice (also actually would make the court kida viable by making it wound on a 2+)

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: A few rules I wish we did not need to go without.   A few rules I wish we did not need to go without. I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2011, 17:43

I have only played a few games with my Dark Eldar and Have only used my trueborn squads once. I was wondering How you would use them well Mr.Revenge. I like using them I just wish I could move faster |same goes for the wracks, I like using them but I would love the 'I6' and the '4++'|

Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: A few rules I wish we did not need to go without.   A few rules I wish we did not need to go without. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18 2011, 17:44

I use 2~3 squads of 4 blasterborn (trueborn w/ blaster) in a venom mostly. The venom moves up 12 T1 and shoots its 12 poison shots, while being shielded by the less imoportant warrior venoms or reavers, then T2 they move 6, and start unloading their torrent of blaster fire. Sure they are a big target, but they pack so much mobile punch that it worth the risk, and if they get dropped, thats just something not targeting my Ravagers, which is something I really want to keep around till the end.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: A few rules I wish we did not need to go without.   A few rules I wish we did not need to go without. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18 2011, 18:27

Thats a good point as much as you want to be able to dart around and fire; moving 12 from your edge or deployment zone and then afterwords you are a pretty nice fire base. 4 'AP2' 's8' lance shots at anything 24 inches away |range+movement|

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few rules I wish we did not need to go without.   A few rules I wish we did not need to go without. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few rules I wish we did not need to go without.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: