THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:

Go down 
+4
Marquis Vaulkhere
Talos
Evil Space Elves
plasterpk
8 posters
AuthorMessage
plasterpk
Slave

1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: Empty
PostSubject: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13 2011, 22:50

HQ
Lelith Hesperax
Lady Malys

Troops
Wyches x15 with all special weapons and all have haywire grenades
Wyches x15 with same as above

Elites
Hexatrix Bloodbrides x4 with razorflails all have haywires grenades
Hexatrix Bloodbrides x4 wits hydra gauntlets and haywire grenades

Troop Transport
Venom x2

Fast Attack
Hellions x10 with stunclaw

This is my 1500 point wych cult list if there's anything there that needs changing let me know (:
Back to top Go down
plasterpk
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13 2011, 22:53

also with Chronos Parasite Engine x3 with Spirit probe and Vortex
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 13 2011, 23:43

How are your Wyches getting across the board without getting shot to Hell and back? I really think that you need smaller units with transports to make this work. Besides the two BB units you have Wyches with a 6+ armor save running across the table trying to get to enemy tanks and transports with absolutely no AT shooting at all in the army. I'm trying not to sound really harsh, but I would hate to see you put together a list that will get you tabled against decent opponents. The three Cronos would be a bit overkill as well.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2011, 00:03

Dark elder troops really like there transports. They bring assault units in to assault range. Wyches does not survive on foot, and you have no anti tank. I agree totally with Evil space elves, this list will get you tabled in two turns.

To top it all, the list you is illegal, wych units larger than 5 cannot bay a venom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.olasart.se
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2011, 01:04

I think that the Venoms are for the Bloodbrides.

Back to top Go down
plasterpk
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2011, 02:18

Yeah the Venoms are for the Bloodbrides one for Malys and one for Hesperax and i can cut the Wyches down to two squads of ten both in raiders and take two Chronos instead of three??
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2011, 02:43

The problem with taking Cronos is that they can't keep up with mounted units. Some people will use them out of a WWP to cut down on the lumbering slow pace. I would take a pair of Ravagers instead to give you some much needed AT. Taking a couple of vehicles that are ranged threats will also force your opponent to choose between shooting at your transports or your Ravagers. I always take a minimum of two Ravagers per list. They're that good.

Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2011, 03:13

I would agree with Mr.ESE, Ravagers are great. They are great fun for anti-tank and the models are really really cool. In my last game I darted them up and took on a bunch of IG tanks... I finished off his last two leman russes with my last ravager... I need to get more. I would suggest them because they are effective and with so many wych bits you could easily crew them with wyches.

Other than that I like the looks of that list. I would use the femail eldar from the cort of the archon for maylis.

Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2011, 05:36

Marquis Vaulkhere wrote:
I would use the femail eldar from the cort of the archon for maylis.

Completly agree with you on that one, shes a beautiful model.

I agree with what was said above, 2 Raiders and a Ravager or 2 would really help the list. If you really like the Chronos I'd say why not give it a try, they are pretty cool and have awesome model. Tho I do agree I see them best being used out of a WWP.
Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 14 2011, 06:09

I have used a web way list with three haemi's in raiders with wracks then I bring out some pain engines and grots, It works pretty well. It is fun seeing the look on the enemies face when three talos pop up and start eating there troops up.

P.S. Never been quoted before on a fourm... Woot.Very Happy

plasterpk
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2011, 01:15

Ok then i was thinking of maybe swapping Malys for an Archon, and the two Ravagers definatly do sound like fun (: with 2 squads of 10 Wyches both in Raiders, i'll post up a new list soon once i've repointed it (:
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2011, 01:24

ESE is the closest to my thoughts. At first glance I thought the army was a WWP army, then I looked at the HQs again and was like...bwuh?

Wyches, footslogging, have T 3 and a 6+ save with 4+ cover...that is less difficult to kill than IG on foot, or Tau Firewarriors. Think about that.

Your HQs and Bloodbrides will get into assault Turn 1 (possibly) or Turn 2 (no doubt)
Everything else will get there around Turn 3, maybe 4 if things go badly. That's asking for a lot of those two small squads to hold up an army for 2 rounds.

If you are in love with Hellions please at least reconsider the stunclaw - that thing is flat out useless.

I think your list needs some sort of anti-vehicle shooting to put early pressure on the enemy and give the HQs something to assault, I also think the Wyches would be more dangerous either meched up or popping out of portals. I will say I think Cronos are pretty lackluster and look at them as a questionable purchase. You might do okay with one, but three? I doubt there's a lot of value there.

Back to top Go down
plasterpk
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2011, 01:35

Yeah that's what i'm doing i'm going to repoint them and maybe take out the hellions to give space for another Ravager and all the Chronos (: and maybe taking out Lady Malys and put an Archon in there, i mean she is good for the redeployment and the immunity to phychic abilities is rather cool (: but other then that she is preety weak tbh (S3/T3)
Back to top Go down
plasterpk
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2011, 02:21

My redone list is looking like this atm

Lelith Hesperax with 4 Bloobrides with Hydra Gauntlets plus a Venom, cant decide on Splinter Rifle or Splinter Cannon

Archon with Blast Pistol and Huskblade plus lots of other goodies with 4 Bloodbrides with Hydra Gauntlets plus a Venom

Wyches x10 with Razorflails and Shardnet and Impaler plus a Raider another thing that's been bugging me Dark Lance or Disintergrator Cannon

Wyches x10 with Hydra Gauntlets and Shardnet and Impaler plus a Raider

Ravagers x2
Back to top Go down
plasterpk
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2011, 02:22

i have 60 points left over :/
Back to top Go down
Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2011, 11:47

I prefer lances to disintegrators now days. And as for your left over pts, considering scaling down the wych squads and ad a third wych squad with a raider.
Back to top Go down
Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2011, 15:26

TBH I'd go regular succubus over lelith and even the duke as he can modify drugs:

What about:

Succ /w agoniser, blast pistol
Duke Slicey

3 blood brides w/syren (agoniser), 1 shardnet
venom

10 wyches - leader w/agoniser, 2 ww, raider

ravager - 3 dark lances

ravager - 3 dark lances

ravager - 3 dark lances

3 jetbikes w/blaster

That way you have the duke and succubus+bloodbrides to annoy things like command squads or 'rock' units. 3 Units of wyches as troops and some jetbikes to fill gaps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2011, 16:50

That list looks good to me; like something I would do. |could be a bad thing Razz|

from the top I like the duke idea for a wych army for the drug boost. And sticking him in a good and compact assault unit is smart. Using there 4++ to keep him alive v strong targets. The wych units looks good and have that mandatory agonizer |by marines mwahaha|. Like I said above I LOVE ravagers so I cant complain about them Smile. and A little thing I never thought would pop up was the reaver. I recently realized how awesome reavers are so I think thats a good addition. I would add in some cluster caltrops tho for lots of bladevaneing.

I like the list from top to bottom, good job.

PS. I dont know what enyone else would think but I would like to put the duke with some trueborn with splinter cannons.

Talos
Kabalite Warrior
Talos

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2011, 17:54

belive that the duks roll twice on drugs is a bit overrated, since the roll 2-5 means almost the same thing for wyches combat power. An alternative to Phototoxin list culd be to drop the duke, and the revers and ad another squad of wyches.
Back to top Go down
Raneth
Sybarite
Raneth

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2011, 19:00

plasterpk wrote:
My redone list is looking like this atm

Lelith Hesperax with 4 Bloobrides with Hydra Gauntlets plus a Venom, cant decide on Splinter Rifle or Splinter Cannon

Archon with Blast Pistol and Huskblade plus lots of other goodies with 4 Bloodbrides with Hydra Gauntlets plus a Venom

Wyches x10 with Razorflails and Shardnet and Impaler plus a Raider another thing that's been bugging me Dark Lance or Disintergrator Cannon

Wyches x10 with Hydra Gauntlets and Shardnet and Impaler plus a Raider

Ravagers x2

DE don't really need fighty HQs, let alone named ones. The Baron, and arguably the Duke, are exceptions to that. If you're into fielding big Wych squads I cannot begin to stress the usefulness of Haemonculi. Consider the following unit:

250 pt fighty unit wrote:
HQ
Haemonculus, liquifier gun 60

Troops
9 Wyches, Hekatrix, agoniser 120
in Raider, Flickerfield 70

9 Wyches with FnP and Drugs in your face on Turn 2 is nothing to sneeze at, and the Raider-mounted Flamer template will remain a real annoyance in its own right. Fielding 2 such units would provide your army with a very strong core, while fulfilling your compulsory slots in one fell swoop. If you're gonna consider upgrades, try to stick to S&I and/or haywire grenades.

The only real excuse I've found to field an Archon is to PGL-sit an Incubi unit, which is probably a bit too focused/expensive at this points level - try and spread your threats. Many posters here advocate fielding Multiple Small Units, and it's with good reason.

Last but certainly not least, imagine what your army wants to do. When I look at your latest list I can't help but think you'll just fold to any Mech list - you have loads of anti-infantry, but only 2 Ravs and 2 Raiders to pop any transports your juicy targets may be hiding in. In the current meta, this is a Really Big Issue, so try to remedy it. Most people would tell you to just stack up on Dark Lances and Blasters, and it's hard to argue with them. Smile

Phototoxin
Kabalite Warrior
Phototoxin

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2011, 20:11

I agree that to make best use of El Duce you should probably take a 'shooty' unit of trueborn.. The 2x drug roll can be useful though
Back to top Go down
http://www.joerogers.info
plasterpk
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2011, 23:24

well i don't know i'll put his squad together if it doesn't work i'll see where it went wrong and then try to make it better (:
Back to top Go down
plasterpk
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2011, 23:25

this*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:   1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (: I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500 Wych cult of the Merciless (:
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: