THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Drukhari Codex and Index Options

Go down 
+2
Myrvn
PFI
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

Drukhari Codex and Index Options Empty
PostSubject: Drukhari Codex and Index Options   Drukhari Codex and Index Options I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2018, 22:38

Guys, the Crucible for the Haemonc is an option in the index, has 0 points and has rules. Couldn't you use that option still for free given GW's rules on index options AND the strat in the new codex and have one turn in the game be an awesome double crucible?

Same with how if trueborn are removed from the book you can still use them from the index. Am I wrong?
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Codex and Index Options   Drukhari Codex and Index Options I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2018, 23:01

I suspect that for a week or two the Index crucible could be used... But it would probably be FAQ'd.

Trueborn from Index should be good to go.
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Codex and Index Options   Drukhari Codex and Index Options I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30 2018, 23:55

id love to see your opponents face
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Codex and Index Options   Drukhari Codex and Index Options I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 00:10

Are we sure that true born will be removed?
Back to top Go down
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Codex and Index Options   Drukhari Codex and Index Options I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 10:51

"here is my index haemonculus with the crucible killing all your psykers, and here is my codex stratagem crucible killing all your psykers deader"

thats hillarious
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Codex and Index Options   Drukhari Codex and Index Options I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 11:26

It wouldn't work.

The "use the Index" rule only works for things which don't get updated rules. The Crucible IS getting updated rules.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Codex and Index Options   Drukhari Codex and Index Options I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 11:55

Squidmaster wrote:
It wouldn't work.

The "use the Index" rule only works for things which don't get updated rules. The Crucible IS getting updated rules.

didnt they explicetly state that you could use the index autarch for eldar instead of the codex versions?
Back to top Go down
Alezya
Hellion
Alezya

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Codex and Index Options   Drukhari Codex and Index Options I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 13:46

If I am not mistaken, they specify that you can use Codex: Craftworlds Autarch profile with Index options/Wargear.

In the Index, Crucible of Malediction is an ability of the Haemonculus, thus not making it an index options.
I doubt that you will be able to combo both.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Codex and Index Options   Drukhari Codex and Index Options I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 14:55

AzraeI wrote:
Squidmaster wrote:
It wouldn't work.

didnt they explicetly state that you could use the index autarch for eldar instead of the codex versions?

They said you can specifcally use the Index Autarch options which are not in the Codex (Warp-Jump mainly).
Things which are in the Codex, you're supposed to use the Codex version.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
AzraeI
Wych
AzraeI

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Codex and Index Options   Drukhari Codex and Index Options I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 17:04

Squidmaster wrote:
AzraeI wrote:
Squidmaster wrote:
It wouldn't work.

They said you can specifcally use the Index Autarch options which are not in the Codex (Warp-Jump mainly).
Things which are in the Codex, you're supposed to use the Codex version.

oh allright i suppose i misread that, thanks
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Codex and Index Options   Drukhari Codex and Index Options I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 18:07

Squidmaster wrote:
It wouldn't work.

Missed the mark a little. You use the codex for wargear and models that get updated. However if a model has wargear that they couldtake in the index, they can still take it in the index. The crucible is wargear for Haemoncs they didn't list points for so has 0 points but it IS a wargear option no longer present in the book. Even though there is now a strat that is crucible of malediction, there is no wargear. Ergo, it was wargear in the index that is no longer available and therefore you can still use it from the index, using the updated haemonc rules and haemonc points in the codex, using the crucible rules and points in the index.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drukhari Codex and Index Options   Drukhari Codex and Index Options I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drukhari Codex and Index Options
Page 1 of 1