THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Special Edition Codex?

Go down 
+12
Imateria
Vorl-Xoelanth
TheBaconPope
Burnage
Sarkesian
Barrywise
Lord Asvaldir
yellabelly
Ikol
Crazy_Ivan
DingK
WrackYourBrains
16 posters
AuthorMessage
WrackYourBrains
Hellion
WrackYourBrains

Special Edition Codex? Empty
PostSubject: Special Edition Codex?   Special Edition Codex? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 21:26

I’m being daft. Surely the special edition codex isn’t £25 extra just to have a hardback cover with different artwork? Oh and the black borders. Mustn’t forget the black borders. Am I missing something or is it really that naff?
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Special Edition Codex?   Special Edition Codex? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 21:27

I believe you're missing the ribbon marker.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Special Edition Codex?   Special Edition Codex? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 21:48

I was trying to work this out, went for the normal one
Back to top Go down
WrackYourBrains
Hellion
WrackYourBrains

PostSubject: Re: Special Edition Codex?   Special Edition Codex? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 21:58

Oooh that ribbon marker is a game changer. If you can think of a cheaper way to mark a page in a book for ease of reference later, I’d like to hear it.

Thanks guys, looks like I’ll be grabbing the normal one.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: Special Edition Codex?   Special Edition Codex? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 13:26

Eh, I’m grabbing the collectors edition one for 2 reasons.

1. Rule of cool, and uniqueness.

2. Vote with money, show GW that the army is popular.

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Special Edition Codex?   Special Edition Codex? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 15:39

I opted for the special edition too. Its no way value for money, but I love the army and I'm excited about the codex. I've got enough models to last me that need painting, so I didn't mind paying a bit extra to get the posh book.

Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Special Edition Codex?   Special Edition Codex? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 15:42

I'd love to get the special edition but I'm finding that I will need a fair amount of new models to adjust to the new codex, so I'm going to have to pass on it.

Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: Special Edition Codex?   Special Edition Codex? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 15:46

Rumor on the street says that the Collector’s Edition has the Harlequin and Ynnari stuff in the back. Well worth it’s price tag imo.

Kabalite Warrior
Sarkesian

PostSubject: Re: Special Edition Codex?   Special Edition Codex? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 16:12

I already have the 7th edition with that same artwork cover. I wanted something different, so I opted for the SE.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Special Edition Codex?   Special Edition Codex? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 17:53

Barrywise wrote:
Rumor on the street says that the Collector’s Edition has the Harlequin and Ynnari stuff in the back. Well worth it’s price tag imo.

Wait, what stuff exactly? Harlequins are getting a Codex in a couple of weeks, I'd be shocked if the rules for it appeared in ours.
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Special Edition Codex?   Special Edition Codex? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 17:55

I'd be a bit annoyed actually. I don't want pages of my dark eldar codex given over to quins and Ynnari. If I wanted a book with their rules, I'd buy codex: Harlequins and codex: Ynnari.

Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Special Edition Codex?   Special Edition Codex? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 18:06

Anyone else find it odd that there's Datacards for the Pfp chart but not combat drugs? The latter is unit specific, something that I would rather have cards for something I need to keep track of for individual units

Hellion
Vorl-Xoelanth

PostSubject: Re: Special Edition Codex?   Special Edition Codex? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 18:06

Ordered the special edition, I think you just get some more art in the collector's version.

'Pain is power, and power is everything. We therefore seek every opportunity to inflict pain, and we do not allow limits to be imposed upon our imagination. The Flesh, the Mind, the Soul - all can be made to feel torments eternal. And when all three scream in agony within a single being, the path to immortality lies open before us. So it has been since the beginning, and so it will continue until we extinguish the stars and the galaxy lies dark and fallow.' - Mantra of the Kabal of the Dying Sun
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Special Edition Codex?   Special Edition Codex? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 22:13

One thing most people miss with this is that the CE are printed on higher quality paper, for what thats worth.

I bough one because I found the recycling of 6/7th ed artwork to be increadibly lazy and cheap on GW's part and I hate it. Not the artwork itself, cause I really like the 7th ed cover, but I really don't want it twice.
Back to top Go down
LordSplata
Sybarite
LordSplata

PostSubject: Re: Special Edition Codex?   Special Edition Codex? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 22:30

But this thine the codex is good! The last one doesn't count.

I'm going with the standard edition, the extra money will probably be going on mandrakes, or maybe a void raven, or maybe a succubus now that leilith might actually be worth taking and I can't really use her as a counts as any more
Back to top Go down
Gorefather
Hellion
Gorefather

PostSubject: Re: Special Edition Codex?   Special Edition Codex? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 03:02

I'm a sucker and ordered the special edition. I don't normally get them unless they're for armies I really enjoy playing, I skipped the Chaos special edition book but ooooooh boy I'd jump on a World Eater codex if they ever release one.

I really don't think there will be any Harlequin or Ynnari stuff in the special edition, they have their own books coming up and don't need to be tacked onto the Dark Eldar. You might be thinking of the special artbooks, where there's 3 books full of concept art and sketches and such.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/The-Eldar-Collection-2018

It looks pretty nice, not $125 nice, but I'd probably acquire one to flip through out of curiosity.
Back to top Go down
BloodyOdd
Hellion
BloodyOdd

PostSubject: Re: Special Edition Codex?   Special Edition Codex? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 05:49

I went with the special edition. I like the weirdly soft, touchable cover. Plus I consider it showing love for my favorite of all races and armies.

Really would like that artbook as well though budget is a wee bit too tight atm.
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Special Edition Codex?   Special Edition Codex? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03 2018, 15:04

I skipped the special edition but popped for the artwork books.

It's incredibly unlikely I'll need to buy any models this go around and the artwork books look like something that'll still be cool after this book is replaced.

PostSubject: Re: Special Edition Codex?   Special Edition Codex? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Special Edition Codex?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Drukhari Discussion
-
Jump to: