THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Commorragh Display board

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

Commorragh Display board Empty
PostSubject: Commorragh Display board   Commorragh Display board I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 10:25

alright so working on getting my DE painted up and got myself a 3d printer back in November, ive been building quite a bit or terrain in the mean time and it just dawned on me i should make a nice display board to stash my army on while im at home (potentially take out to games)

so the obvious choice imho is to make a section of Commorragh. im thinking laying it out similar to a little pirate bay but the problem is i have absolutely no idea what would look commorragh like.

has any one done something similar? or at the very least have some links to some good inspirational art work. right now ive just got this forums back ground to work off of. ive tried google searching but i havent had a lot of luck.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh Display board   Commorragh Display board I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 15:01

Images of COmmoragh pretty much just come up at this sort of thing:

Commorragh Display board Latest?cb=20130115033511

There is the pylons in the Gangs boxset you could use for inspiration:

Commorragh Display board GangsOfCommorragh_ProdSlide

Or you can get some inspiration from the Dark nexus Arena video game (40k licence):

Commorragh Display board Dark-Nexus-Arena-2
Commorragh Display board DNA_Screen-1

As a final suggestion Id maybe think about looking at Menzoberranzan, the D&D city of the Dark Elves (Drow):

Commorragh Display board Latest?cb=20160309114414

The idea sounds excellent, I'll watch with interest!

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh Display board   Commorragh Display board I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 08:18

okay so it isnt just me lol. are there any good sources of the regular eldar cities? i guess i could start there and just got more spikey.

the pic from dark nexus is what i was thinking which is good. are their cities built on asteroids? are there even asteroids in the webway? or are they more just giant crystaline city ships?

im thinking doing a few towers with bridges crisscrossing between them and making the whole thing multi tiered with the raiders and such basically pulled up along side them like docks
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh Display board   Commorragh Display board I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 11:04

The general fluff seems to just be "satellite realms". Its also described as a "port-city in the webway".
I don't think its ever been certified what the core of the main city is built on, if anything. I think my general assumption has always been that its essentially a space station - an artifical construction which was built in the webway.

I think your plan is a good one (bridges, etc), and would maybe suggest lights behind green tinted windows.

Nogrim
Kabalite Warrior
Nogrim

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh Display board   Commorragh Display board I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 14:18

not sure if ill go so deep as to lighting it (although i do like the idea)
at this point i havent even started sketching out the plan as im still trying to figure out what the basic look should be to fit lore and such.

at least now i have a solid base direction on the building shapes. function wise i will probably have to build it on some sort of asteroid like base for the "floor" of the board.

i might see if i can even pull some of the model files out of that game and 3d print them which with all the detail and curves might be a lot easier and durable than trying to carve them out of foam.
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh Display board   Commorragh Display board I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 15:48

Yeah, I'd ignore me on lighting. I do tend to take things a little TOO ambitious.

3d printing sounds like an awesome idea. Definitely interested if you manage to get that to work.

Rock/asteroid probably is the easier way to, and gives you a solid base. If you a "too ambitious" idea though......if you're planning bridges, just make it ALL bridges. Bridges over bridges over a bottom level of brudges.
Over a black, maybe space coloured floor.

Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh Display board   Commorragh Display board I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13 2018, 19:46

A similar project is on my horizon, but I don't have the ability to create 3d models. Is there any company that anyone is aware of that has 3d models for printing at home?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Commorragh Display board   Commorragh Display board I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Commorragh Display board
Page 1 of 1