THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000 Point Pure Wych Cult

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ShamPow1999
Hellion

2000 Point Pure Wych Cult Empty
PostSubject: 2000 Point Pure Wych Cult   2000 Point Pure Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 19:46

++ Combined Arms Detatchment ++
HQ
Succubus ~ 50 PTS
Splinter Pistol, Archite Glaive
Venom ~ 65 PTS
Succubus ~ 50 PTS
Venom ~ 65 PTS

Troops
10 Wyches ~ 92 PTS
Agonizer, 3 Razorflails
Raider ~ 85 PTS
Darklance
10 Wyches ~ 92 PTS
Agonizer, 3 Razorflails
Raider ~ 85 PTS
Darklance
10 Wyches ~ 92 PTS
Agonizer, 3 Razorflails
Raider ~ 85 PTS
Darklance
10 Wyches ~ 92 PTS
Agonizer, 3 Razorflails
Raider ~ 85 PTS
Darklance
10 Wyches ~ 92 PTS
Agonizer, 3 Razorflails
Raider ~ 85 PTS
Darklance

Fast Attack
Hellions ~ 140 PTS
10 Hellglaives
Scourges ~ 124 PTS
4 Blasters

Flyers
Razorwing Jetfighter ~ 135 PTS
2 Disentegrator Cannons, Splinter Cannon

++ Outrider Detatchment ++
HQ
Succubus ~ 50 PTS

Fast Attack
6 Reaver Jetbikes ~ 148 PTS
2 Blasters
2 Blasters
2 Blasters

All the point costs are approximate since I don’t have the codex with me, I’m just really excited for the release! If I messed any of the calculations up, let me know.
The Combined Arms detatchement will benefit from the +1S and only one loss from leadership casualties, while the outrider will obviously benefit from the advance and charge obsession. I think there is a fair amount of dark light distributed throughout the force. The Hellion squad can be divided into two squads of 5 so get better drugs on the Wych squads that will do most of the anti-infantry killing.

Razorflails give the squad extra attacks at -1AP which I think makes them better at dealing with both armoured and horde targets. I’m thinking of shifting points around to get blast pistols on the Wych Squads and Succubus. Right now, the Hellions have the niche role of inflicting 2D which I think makes for good diversity. I don’t know the rules or point cost of Clawed Fiends but I think they could probably do the same thing better.

It’s 7 CP, one of which will have to be used to keep the Hellions in the Webway because otherwise I don’t think they’d survive first turn. I don’t intend on using the flyover strategem to so mortal wounds because with 6 man squads it’s basically a CP to do on average 2 MW.

It definitely won’t be able to go against really competitive armies but I think it’s a viable list! Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Point Pure Wych Cult   2000 Point Pure Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05 2018, 22:56

You for sure what 1 shardnet and impaler in each or your wych units.

Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Point Pure Wych Cult   2000 Point Pure Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 03:28

Yeah second that, shardnet&impaler is sweet for ensuring your opponent's units can't escape.

I don't think you need 2 venoms just for our succubuses. You could save some pts by dropping both venoms, and dropping one wych unit down to 5 so that there's some room in one raider for the succubuses. You've got plenty of wyches so dropping one unit down to 5 won't be a big loss. That leaves you with about 150ish pts give or take for better investment, like a second razorwing jetfighter/second scourge unit for a little added firepower. Alternative take is if you want to double up on wych units you could take another unit of hellions.

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Point Pure Wych Cult   2000 Point Pure Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 04:37

colinsherlow wrote:
You for sure what 1 shardnet and impaler in each or your wych units.

Yeah, that does sound like a pretty good idea! It totally skipped my mind!

Do you happen to know if its changed at all other than it making enemies roll a D3 instead of a D6. Is it still AP0 and D2?
Back to top Go down
ShamPow1999
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Point Pure Wych Cult   2000 Point Pure Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 04:41

Lord Asvaldir wrote:
Yeah second that, shardnet&impaler is sweet for ensuring your opponent's units can't escape.

I don't think you need 2 venoms just for our succubuses. You could save some pts by dropping both venoms, and dropping one wych unit down to 5 so that there's some room in one raider for the succubuses. You've got plenty of wyches so dropping one unit down to 5 won't be a big loss. That leaves you with about 150ish pts give or take for better investment, like a second razorwing jetfighter/second scourge unit for a little added firepower. Alternative take is if you want to double up on wych units you could take another unit of hellions.

I'm slightly worried that I don't have enough ranged shooting for targets that aren't worth assaulting with the Reaver Jetbikes. Without the Venoms, ranged anti-infantry is reduced solely to Splinter weaponry on the jetbikes and hellions.

Now that I think about it a second Razorwing does sound far more appealing. Do you think I should seperate the Reavers into 3 man squads or Hellions into 5 man squads to tie up more units?
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Point Pure Wych Cult   2000 Point Pure Wych Cult I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 05:29

Razorwing is even more firepower now thanks to 3d3 shots for some of its missiles plus with disintegrator cannons being cheap razorwings are really solid anti infantry firepower now. One razorwing is going to be better than two venoms.

I definetly wouldn't split up hellions, I think they are better as a 10 man unit at least. Reavers is up to you really, I think they can do well at pretty much any size.

PostSubject: Re: 2000 Point Pure Wych Cult   2000 Point Pure Wych Cult I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000 Point Pure Wych Cult
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Army Lists
-
Jump to: