THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

And here is our codex...

Go down 
+36
Barking Agatha
Silverglade
Count Adhemar
Shizi
Dark Elf Dave
WS0007
John M
Alezya
Gelmir
Sess
benmet
Mikoneo
CptMetal
Khalyxidae hybristoma
GrinNfool
Leninade
Ubernoob1
The Strange Dark One
Vathek
Skulnbonz
dumpeal
Gorefather
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
Logan Frost
|Meavar
Soulless Samurai
DevilDoll
Crazy_Ivan
Devilogical
Rikev
withershadow
Lord Asvaldir
shadowseercB
Ikol
TheBaconPope
Olsol
40 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Olsol
Slave
Olsol

And here is our codex... Empty
PostSubject: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 03:57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5f1OcHw_Qw

This is a 3-hour review of the new Drukhari codex by one of the best Warhammer 40k Youtuber's out there.

He is going through everything including points for upgrades and the like as well as all the stratagems, warlord traits, and abilities.

I'm about halfway through now and I'm writing everything down so I'll post the changes soon.
Back to top Go down
Olsol
Slave
Olsol

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 05:01

Righto, here are some of the changes I've found in the codex that hasn't already been leaked:

- Husk blade is now 6 points
- Succubi can now take Wych Cult weapons (replacing both archive glaive and other weapon)
- Haemonculus tools are now 0 points
- Haemoncululi now come with stinger pistol's base which is 5 points
- Electro corrosive whips are now 6 points
- Incubi sergeants cannot take Demi-Klaives anymore
- Grav-talon's and Cluster Caltrops are now 3 points per
- stun claw has dropped a point
- Macro-scalpel's have gone up 1 strength and have 1 better AP
- spirit probe is 5 points
- Ravager's and raider's have access to chain snares (2p), Grisly trophies (2p), Shock prow (1p) & a Phantasm grenade launcher (3p)
- venoms have access to the above except the prow and PGL

They're the main changes I found that haven't been leaked on this website (they probably have but I'm lazy)

let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 05:16

Looking good! What exactly do the chain snares do? Is it an alternative to Bladevanes?

Are demi-klaives a Drahzhar exclusive then now?

Slave
Olsol

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 05:18

Chain snares allow units to re-roll hit rolls of 1 when fighting with bladevanes

and yes Drazhar is the only model able to take Demi-klaives
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 05:27

What the frak frak!

Cut Trueborn and Bloodbrides, fine.

Cut Demiklaives, WTF!

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
shadowseercB
Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 05:31

Ikol wrote:
What the frak frak!

Cut Trueborn and Bloodbrides, fine.

Cut Demiklaives, WTF!

They were rather expensive for something most games wont see the use of. Did anyone take them?

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 05:35

Quote :
They were rather expensive for something most games wont see the use of. Did anyone take them?

True, but if that's the logic behind cutting something out of the game entirely, the Shredder would've died a decade ago

Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 05:35

Not a whole lot of new exciting information, but nice little tidbits and extra stuff. I'll hold off on this video though, strange as it may sound I don't like watching reviews where they show off the book itself, want to see those pages for the first time on Saturday with the codex in hand.

Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 08:14

I find this youtuber horribly boring, so I appreciate the work you put in trudging through his mealy-mouthed ramblings. Although I probably will have the book in hand tomorrow!

Not surprised to see demi-klaives go, there was no model for them.

Chainsnares are cool, I guess, I would have really liked if they acted like razornets. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rikev
Slave
Rikev

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 09:50

A return of Wych weapons to the Succubus sounds interesting.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 09:53

[quote="shadowseercB"]
Ikol wrote:

They were rather expensive for something most games wont see the use of.  Did anyone take them?

These was in the past days...

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 09:56

Really hoping i get my Dex in the post tomorrow, i've got some deathguard that need vapourising.
Back to top Go down
Olsol
Slave
Olsol

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 09:57

Rikev wrote:

a strife succubus with their WL trait equipped with Razor flails is really deadly
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 09:59

so the writ of the living muse... gives the reroll of 1 to wound but its 6"... there has been talk of some way to extend the aura to 12 inches so what am i missing anyone knows?
Back to top Go down
Olsol
Slave
Olsol

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 10:01

I don't recall anything that increases an Aura ability to 12"
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 10:07

Olsol wrote:
I don't recall anything that increases an Aura ability to 12"

im quite sure i read that from 2-3 different sources... 6 inches is nothing if you want to buff vehicles Sad
Back to top Go down
Rikev
Slave
Rikev

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 10:25

Olsol wrote:
Rikev wrote:

a strife succubus with their WL trait equipped with Razor flails is really deadly

I'm thinking Hydra Gauntlets with the reroll for S3 as we are already hitting on 2+. Can also get to S6 with the right obsession and hyperstimm backlash to start threatening light vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 10:52

Olsol wrote:
Rikev wrote:

I'm not seeing it. She has a lot of attacks, sure, but with S3 you're losing 2/3 of them when rolling to wound. Seems like diminishing returns.

Also, even when they do hit, they're only at AP-1 and D1. Is that really impressive?

At the very least, I'd have thought the Hydra Gauntlets would be preferable for their rerolls to-wound.

Olsol
Slave
Olsol

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 11:44

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Olsol wrote:
Rikev wrote:

I'm not seeing it. She has a lot of attacks, sure, but with S3 you're losing 2/3 of them when rolling to wound. Seems like diminishing returns.

Also, even when they do hit, they're only at AP-1 and D1. Is that really impressive?

At the very least, I'd have thought the Hydra Gauntlets would be preferable for their rerolls to-wound.

I was just thinking about exploding attacks
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 11:49

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Olsol wrote:
Rikev wrote:

With things like this it depends a lot on what you are bringing as a drug and passion
With +1 str drug, 2 extra attacks at ap 1 and the +1 attack passion and exploding 6 to hit depending on enemy you can get a large number of pretty good horde mulching attacks for a single girl.
7 attacks (avaraging around 12 hits from turn 3+) with s4 ap-1 is quite nice against things like orks (6) and guard (nearly 7), even marines (3) which is quite ok for a girl who has 4 attacks on her profile.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 12:28

well cult of strife, +1 attack drug and the agoniser relic give her 9 attacks at -2 ap...! couple this with the blood dancer trait and you have pretty good horde plus MEQ killer
Back to top Go down
Olsol
Slave
Olsol

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 12:29

DevilDoll wrote:
well cult of strife, +1 attack drug and the agoniser relic give her 9 attacks at -2 ap...! couple this with the blood dancer trait and you have pretty good horde plus MEQ killer

for 54 points it's a steal
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 12:41

Olsol wrote:
for 54 points it's a steal

Whole 8th ed codex feels like:

https://youtu.be/u5HOt0ZOcYk
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 13:03

I, too, would buy the codex for a dollar. Wink

Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06 2018, 13:25

I realy like artwork and whole style of the codex. Anyone noticed we don`t have "Rise of Vect" article there now. Myabe they going to remove him from codex entirely Smile
Also wyches weaponry looks realy fine now. Especialy shardnets and flails.

Beasts are stell meh. Thats sad Sad
Red grief, Strife and Black heart obsessions are meh as well.
Stratagems are mostly fine. As other armys. Same with artefacts of cruelty.

Still think we don`t get the love we deserve from GW

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And here is our codex...   And here is our codex... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And here is our codex...
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

GENERAL DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: News & Rumours
-
Jump to: