THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ossefactor killing machine

Go down 
+10
dumpeal
withershadow
Burnage
Cerve
amishprn86
Chippen
Lord Asvaldir
Marrath
Mppqlmd
Patzerwv
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Patzerwv
Slave
Patzerwv

Ossefactor killing machine Empty
PostSubject: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 21:31

This thing will wound on a 2+ assuming you're not shooting at a vehicle. Probably average 2-3 mortal wounds I'm thinking after the first wound goes through. Does this not sound pretty nice to you all?!
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 13:14

I've been saying this for ages Smile

We need to FAQ to confirm, but yes, RAW it is a pretty strong weapon.

You don't average 2-3 bonus wounds though. You have 50% to deal an extra wound, 25% to deal 2 extras, 12,5% to deal 3 extra. So the average is... one extra.
Back to top Go down
Patzerwv
Slave
Patzerwv

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 13:22

I was a little too happy on the 2-3 bonus wounds but it felt so good.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 13:36

Exploding wounds still there?
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 15:27

Yeah I'm very unsure about the stacking mortal wounds thing going through. That being said I like the weapon, it's a nice weapon that lets wracks contribute a little firepower while moving in to assault.
Back to top Go down
Chippen
Kabalite Warrior
Chippen

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 15:35

I wouldn't expect to get away with the stacking mortal wounds anywhere that RAW isn't king (so competitive play). If you show up at your local store for a pickup game, don't be surprised if you get a nasty label/reputation.

And I say that even as a RAW guy myself.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 15:43

Seeing the math and knowing Wracks dont have much shooting, its not really bad or scary IMO.

DG has worst things for same points
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 15:49

Best would be to ask before the game, if your opponent is cool with exploding Ossefactor wounds, i guess
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 16:09

Mmm...I'm not getting it. What is so good for the Ossefactor? Seems pretty bad to me.

Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 16:14

Cerve wrote:
Mmm...I'm not getting it. What is so good for the Ossefactor? Seems pretty bad to me.

Poison 2+ -3ap for 7pts that can do 1+ MW's
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 16:14

amishprn86 wrote:
Seeing the math and knowing Wracks dont have much shooting, its not really bad or scary IMO.

DG has worst things for same points

It's that it has the potential to wipe out entire units with a single shot that seems ridiculous to me. There are other things that can do that, sure, but they tend to have much stronger limitations on them - e.g., a bomber only being able to do it once per game.

I still wouldn't play the Ossefactor with exploding wounds but I can understand the interpretation.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 16:15

amishprn86 wrote:
Cerve wrote:

Poison 2+ -3ap for 7pts that can do 1+ MW's

Yeah it's totally bad. 7 points for 1 wounds, maybe IF you hit and wound.
Then, another 4+ for another mortal wound.

I mean...wow, Liquefator is stunning in comparison Smile
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 16:31

Quote :

I mean...wow, Liquefator is stunning in comparison

Except, Rule As Written, mortal wounds can generate additional mortal wounds. It's the Ossefactor Bonesplosion.

Quote :
It's that it has the potential to wipe out entire units with a single shot that seems ridiculous to me. There are other things that can do that, sure, but they tend to have much stronger limitations on them - e.g., a bomber only being able to do it once per game.

I consider it to be a psychological tool. The potential is huge, but the odds of it happening are REALLY scarce. Dealing 9 mortal wounds (enough to kill a squad) is 1/502.
Back to top Go down
Cerve
Hekatrix
Cerve

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 08 2018, 16:41

Mppqlmd wrote:
Quote :

I mean...wow, Liquefator is stunning in comparison

Except, Rule As Written, mortal wounds can generate additional mortal wounds. It's the Ossefactor Bonesplosion.

Quote :

I consider it to be a psychological tool. The potential is huge, but the odds of it happening are REALLY scarce. Dealing 9 mortal wounds (enough to kill a squad) is 1/502.

Ah, there is it! What I missed.

It's silghtly better.
Back to top Go down
withershadow
Wych
withershadow

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 17:02

RAW can be argued. The weapon isn’t dealing the mortal wound, the unit is suffering a mortal wound as a secondary effect.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 18:05

There is no reason it should not bonesplode (I love this word). Other places in the codex, such as when incubi gain additionnal attacks, they specify those can't generate other attacks. Plus, the bonesplosion was here for a long time. If it's not how they intended it, they would have added the precision.
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 18:48

withershadow wrote:
RAW can be argued. The weapon isn’t dealing the mortal wound, the unit is suffering a mortal wound as a secondary effect.

Don't think that's true. An explosion from a tank that klills a model is a secondary effect. This is still in the "abilities" of the weapon.

It is easy for us to think of this as the bone explosion causing the mortal wound as this what was described in the codex for previous editions. In that instance, it does feel like a secondary effect as you say.

In this edition however, there is no mention that I can find describing what the ossefactor actually does. So RAW, you can only go by what is documented in the weapon itself, which gives no mention of anything to indicate that it is in fact a secondary effect.

Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 18:51

oops. Double post.
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 19:10

withershadow wrote:

A secondary effect of the weapon...
Back to top Go down
DingK
Sybarite
DingK

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 20:20

I posted the matter on a couple of Drukhari related FB posts on the Warhammer 40K page; they responded that it's been added to the FAQ submission document.
Back to top Go down
Dark Elf Dave
Wych
Dark Elf Dave

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 21:40

Never thought the mortal wound could add further mortal wounds...but an FAQ will surely sort it for us. For 7pts I think it's already pretty clear to me what the answer will be.

Edit: ESE seems to have indicated already that the mortal wound does not have a chain effect...so written as intended it has the potential for 1 MW and come on guys the weapon is 7 points! Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ossefactor killing machine   Ossefactor killing machine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ossefactor killing machine
Page 1 of 1