THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP  Empty
PostSubject: The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP    The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16 2011, 03:45

So I wanted a pirate ship like skiff for my appoco games so I came up with this idea now I jsut need help with the rules. Hope you like.

The Rapier……………………………….....................Pts 500?

BS F S R
4 13 13 13

Composition:
- 1 Rapier.

Structure Points:

Unit Type:
-Super heavy skimmer.

Special rules:
-Aerial assault.
-Veteran crew.

Wargear:
- 14 disintegrators.
- 3 Storm vortex Projectors.
- Shade field.

The rapier is not a class of vessel but a single ship that has haunted real space for over one hundred years now. The brain child of Marquis Vaulkhere, The Rapier is a massive skiff several times the size of a standard dark eldar raider and crewed with over twenty of the most surly and vile pirate raiders. Captained by the only known son of Marquis the endless voyage of The ship and its Dracon leader; Vercie Marquis, is less of a slave ship and more of a ploy to keep vercie from assassinating his father and archon.
To this day never have the two, father and son, met without one trying to off the other. Most believe it was Vercie who attacked his father only three days out of the womb but it is just speculation. All that is known is that when both are together one will most assuredly be a target for death.

Veteran crew: The crew of The Rapier is so used to attacking real space that no member of the crew is unprepared for the hopeless attacks of there prey.

Shade Field: The ship is protected by not only force fields but a image distorter that prevent its foes from seeing it. The ship has both a 3++ invanruable save and for anyone outside of six inches it reduces the range of weapons attempting to target it by 12.

Last edited by Marquis Vaulkhere on Wed Nov 16 2011, 17:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP    The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16 2011, 07:48

Super heavy already lets it fire all its weapons, but if you intend it to move faster then 6" a turn it needs a special rule added.

A superheavy needs structure points, 3 maybe? That would be same as a baneblade or scorpion. About how big were you going to build it?

Alot of weapons ignore cover in apoc, the eldar holofield gives a 4++ save which would probably work a little better. A alternative would be leave the 3+cover save and add flickerfield 5++, or holofield and stealth usr.

The night shield has a exception for ranges of 6 or less, was it intentional to remove this restriction? If it was a oversight then maybe add 'can't reduce range below 6 inches', otherwise meltaguns will never be in range.

I assume the 13 all around armour is a energy field like the dias. One alternative option would be to change the armor to say f12 s12 r11, and give it the field from the old codex dais, armour 14 all around if shot from 12" or more away. Would fit background either way.
Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP    The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16 2011, 17:40

Thanks for the imput abjectus. you are correct about the 131313 being akin to vects dias. And for my shade feild I am using it as both a very powerfull flicker feild and a advenced nightsheild. I lent my apoco book to my brother so when I get it back I will attempt to fix how fast it can move with its superheavy skimmer status.

Count Morlanne
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP    The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20 2011, 20:48

14 Disintegrators? 14? Thats 42 aP2 shots a turn, at BS 4. In other words, that's instant annihalation for just about any infrantry unit you could name, which seems a wee bit overpowered. Also, the idea of a craft absolutely covered in cannons seems a but out of place with the Dark Eldars paired down, speed-over-strength aesthetic. Apart from this, though it seems like a really neat idea. Good work. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP    The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20 2011, 20:55

Got to agree with Morianne there... 14 Dissies is a bit much, I'd say around 6-8 max. Otherwise I think it seems ok, think it could have some really big cannon instead of some disintegrators, perhaps if it was 6 dissies, 2 vortex projectors (what is that, btw?) and a really big gun..?

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP    The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20 2011, 21:15

Ok thats a good point. I decided on the number of cannons based on the amout of them I would have left over by the time I Would need this. I think that Deldar are not speed over power I have alwasy seen them as speed and power over survivability. Who els can put out the kind of anti tank or infanty we can for the pts we can. I am desinging this to be a massive and powerfull "Land Pirate ship". Without cannons sticking out the side it would not be as awsome... but I get your point rule wise compleatly.

A storm vortex projector is the massive haywire cannon that is mounted on the Reaper. You can find the experimental rules on the forgeworld site under dark eldar reaper.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Dark_Eldar/DARK_ELDAR_REAPER.html

I have a question, If I where to keep the 7 dissies on each side and the three SVP's on the front, Make it fast and a open toped fast transport for 20, how many points would you want to take it for?

abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP    The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21 2011, 09:38

1000ish, I put it in the closest I could in old vdr, and compared to baneblade in same vdr. Not that bad for survivability at 1000pts, better armour and save the revenant scout titan. You may want to make the 3 storm projectors one gun with the 4+ primary weapon save, make it heavy 3 or apoc barrage 3 for the 5" template shot. The side dissies could be made a "disintegrator array" heavy 15-16, twinlinked, primary would cause same number of hits as 7 dissies, but be easier on book keeping for weapon destroyed hits. Not overly damaging compared to 2 5" blasts that auto-pen, instant death, ap 2, and allow no cover save, like the craftworld eldar.
Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP    The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21 2011, 17:22

Thanks for the imput. I like the idea of grouping the SVP's into one mighty cannon that is the primary weapon; that way you can keep the anti tank on longer. I like the idea of a disintegrator array. 1000 pts seams better to me.

Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP    The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 23:46

i'd say go with the 6-8 dissies put them on the sides, 2 front arc storm projectors and give it the ability to target different units.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP    The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2012, 10:32

Also, perhaps be able to switch something (supposedly the projectors) for a Hyper Dissie? (needs a better name) Would be similar to the Executioner Plasma Cannon, I imagine.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP    The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rapier. Dark eldar super heavy WIP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Rules Development
-
Jump to: