THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Latest events in Commorragh - Am I missing something?

Go down 
+2
RedRegicide
Vorl-Xoelanth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vorl-Xoelanth
Hellion
Vorl-Xoelanth

Latest events in Commorragh - Am I missing something? Empty
PostSubject: Latest events in Commorragh - Am I missing something?   Latest events in Commorragh - Am I missing something? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 16:09

So I thought during gathering storm arc that Commorragh was saved from the daemon incursion by Kheradruakh after he spread his realm of Aelindrach into the rest of the city and now the Mandrakes had quite a lot of influence over the fate of the city. However after receiving my codex the timeline claims the daemons were held back by armies of incubi instead. I guess the two events don't exclude one another, but the codex actually makes no mention of the events with Kheradruakh's mountain of skulls opening Aelindrach to the rest of the city. Did this event get retconned and rewritten as incubi for plot reasons?

'Pain is power, and power is everything. We therefore seek every opportunity to inflict pain, and we do not allow limits to be imposed upon our imagination. The Flesh, the Mind, the Soul - all can be made to feel torments eternal. And when all three scream in agony within a single being, the path to immortality lies open before us. So it has been since the beginning, and so it will continue until we extinguish the stars and the galaxy lies dark and fallow.' - Mantra of the Kabal of the Dying Sun
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Latest events in Commorragh - Am I missing something?   Latest events in Commorragh - Am I missing something? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 16:11

I know that vect had stationed incubi that he thought to be disloyal at the gate, so that they would both hold back and be wiped out by deamons. Maybe that's what they were referring to?

Lame that they dont mention mandrakes tho

Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Latest events in Commorragh - Am I missing something?   Latest events in Commorragh - Am I missing something? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09 2018, 17:17

Honestly I kinda like the new lore better, the idea that Vect's plan worked out sounds better.

Wych
shadowseercB

PostSubject: Re: Latest events in Commorragh - Am I missing something?   Latest events in Commorragh - Am I missing something? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 00:15

Gathering storm ended, if I remember correctly, with the mandrakes and Haemonculus coordinating taking control and pushing back the tide of daemon's while the Kabals and Wych Cults were fighting each other or splitting to the Ynnari or just simply fleeing for their lives.  I thought that was so epic and cool it then made me think we would see more Mandrake units in the future.  

Last night I was reading the fluff I dont remember seeing much written about Mandrakes other than on their fluff page.  I like how they suggest that the only beings Vect may fear are the Mandrakes and how they are untouchable in their own shadow realm atleast.  

To my interpretation and memory I think it was just saying that all the Incubi were fighting the frontlines with everyone else against the daemons. It is a shame though I thought it would be cool to see a progressive story and a power shift to a new Overlord Kheradruakh or in his case King. But dont get me wrong I like Vect, Black heart is the army I play but the prospect of the changing story events were more favorable to me.

3,500 Harlequin
Back to top Go down
clively
Sybarite
clively

PostSubject: Re: Latest events in Commorragh - Am I missing something?   Latest events in Commorragh - Am I missing something? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 23:22

I couldn’t find Kheradruakh even mentioned. Did anyone else see his name somewhere?

Slave
finfarafin

PostSubject: Re: Latest events in Commorragh - Am I missing something?   Latest events in Commorragh - Am I missing something? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13 2018, 00:18

From what i read, he is only briefly mentioned in "The Long Midnight" section of new codex.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest events in Commorragh - Am I missing something?   Latest events in Commorragh - Am I missing something? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest events in Commorragh - Am I missing something?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

OTHER DRUKHARI DISCUSSION

:: Background
-
Jump to: