THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

If you had a 2 detachment limit..

Go down 
+3
Imateria
Burnage
Patzerwv
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Patzerwv
Slave
Patzerwv

If you had a 2 detachment limit.. Empty
PostSubject: If you had a 2 detachment limit..   If you had a 2 detachment limit.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 11:27

Looking at a 1500 tournament in the near future and trying to decide which 2 to take. My first thought is to go Kabal and Cult, primarily for the speed. I'd hate to take a couple Talos with a Haemie and lose my obsession.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: If you had a 2 detachment limit..   If you had a 2 detachment limit.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 11:30

Are there any other limits on detachments? If not, I'd consider a Kabal Battalion and a Cult Outrider detachment. That gets you good access to the strongest units from each subfaction and gives you a solid base of command points.
Back to top Go down
Patzerwv
Slave
Patzerwv

PostSubject: Re: If you had a 2 detachment limit..   If you had a 2 detachment limit.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 12:50

Will probably go Serpent's Kiss to keep whittling away with poison while the Outriders do their thing. The speed should keep the objectives in reach.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: If you had a 2 detachment limit..   If you had a 2 detachment limit.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 12:58

Persnally I'd run either a Prophets of Flesh Spearhead with Talos and Grotesques and a Battalion of either Kabal or Cult, which ever you prefer.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: If you had a 2 detachment limit..   If you had a 2 detachment limit.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 14:39

I'd use flayed skull gun boats coupled with a grotesques bomb and Talos.

Slave
Patzerwv

PostSubject: Re: If you had a 2 detachment limit..   If you had a 2 detachment limit.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 21:00

So I went with the Prophets of Flesh (Spearhead) and Black Heart (Battallion). Couple Ravagers, Talos, and enough Grots to fit in a Raider with Urien.

Now the question is:
Make the transports Black Heart for the 6+++ or PoF for the +1T while next to the big man. T6 Venoms and Raiders could be interesting. Too bad the Ravagers can't be PoF.
Back to top Go down
Leninade
Kabalite Warrior
Leninade

PostSubject: Re: If you had a 2 detachment limit..   If you had a 2 detachment limit.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 21:23

I think wracks are the troops you want in this situation. They sit there and take obscene amounts of punishment for their points on whatever objective you decide is yours. Warriors on the other hand... Still trying to wrap my head around a use for them.
Then again I'm also not sold on our transports this edition. Almost any squad you're giving a ride would be better served by having a second identical squad for less points than the boat.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: If you had a 2 detachment limit..   If you had a 2 detachment limit.. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 22:24

Black Heart Spearhead with Obsidian Rose Battalion!

This is what I'm currently running as my Kabal of the Black Rose.

Slave
Patzerwv

PostSubject: Re: If you had a 2 detachment limit..   If you had a 2 detachment limit.. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 00:15

So you're taking a bunch of Kaballites, Archons, Ravagers?
Back to top Go down
Leninade
Kabalite Warrior
Leninade

PostSubject: Re: If you had a 2 detachment limit..   If you had a 2 detachment limit.. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 02:10

It's probably fine for casual play
Back to top Go down
Muffi88
Hellion
Muffi88

PostSubject: Re: If you had a 2 detachment limit..   If you had a 2 detachment limit.. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 09:18

Your Tournament should consider rethinking that limit for drukhari as it's a direct nerf to a faction that is just mediocre already.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: If you had a 2 detachment limit..   If you had a 2 detachment limit.. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 09:20

Muffi88 wrote:
Your Tournament should consider rethinking that limit for drukhari as it's a direct nerf to a faction that is just mediocre already.

Time well tell about this, but I don't think the Codex version of our faction is mediocre at all.
Back to top Go down
Leninade
Kabalite Warrior
Leninade

PostSubject: Re: If you had a 2 detachment limit..   If you had a 2 detachment limit.. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 19:30

It lacks the versatility required for the top tables
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you had a 2 detachment limit..   If you had a 2 detachment limit.. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If you had a 2 detachment limit..
Page 1 of 1