THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First Game - Death Guard Again

Go down 
+2
benmet
Barking Agatha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

First Game - Death Guard Again Empty
PostSubject: First Game - Death Guard Again   First Game - Death Guard Again I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 22:23

I played my first game with the Codex this weekend against the same Death Guard friend that beat me so badly before, and I got to try a few new things. The results were...

(heh!)

... the results were... (ha ha!), they were... ahaha, hahahaHA! MWAHAHAHAHA!

Ah, the results were lovely Smile

It was a 1000 point game, as part of a league thing that is going on. My list was:

Cult of Disdain (Red Grief)
- Barking Agatha, Succubus: Blood Glaive, Blast Pistol, Hyper-Swift Reflexes
- 6 Reavers, 2 x Blasters
- 13 Wyches, Agoniser, Hydra Gauntlets, Razorflails, Shardnet & Impaler

Kabal of Scorn (Obsidian Rose)
- Belfrit Vayne, Archon: Blast Pistol, Armour of Misery, Soul Thirst
- The Murder Rose (Venom)
- 2 x 10 Kabalite Warriors, 2 x Blasters, 2 x Dark Lances
- 2 x Raiders w/ Disintegrators, Splinter Racks

Coven of Jaded Atrocities (Prophets)
- Morbith Vayne, Haemonculus: Helm of Spite, Diabolical Soothsayer
- 5 x Wracks, no extras

The Death Guard Had: 9 x Plague Marines and 1 x Biologus Putrifier in a Rhino, 10 more Plague Marines, 2 x 15 ? ish cultists, 3 x Deathshroud Terminators (teleporting), 1 x Daemon Prince

TURN ONE: The Death Guard all moved forward across a wide line. The Rhino parked behind some ruins, the meringues advanced, and the cultists moved into other ruins. The cultists shot up my wyches, killing 2.

The Raiders with the kabalites on them moved 14" up one side and shot up the plague marines on foot, killing a few, and the Rhino, almost killing it. The Reavers moved forward 20", shot up the Rhino and blew it up (killing 3 inside), and charged the surviving plague marines. The Wyches moved up 8", advanced 6", and charged the biologus putrifier and the marines that had disembarked from the Rhino. Barking Agatha moved 8", advanced 5", and charged the Demond Prince.

With his invulnerable save and disgusting resilience, Agatha was only able to put 4 wounds on the Demond Prince, and suffered 4 wounds back. The Wyches killed 2 Meringues and the Biologus, which promptly expoded, killing Agatha (bah!). Only 1 wych was killed back. The Reavers killed 1 plague meringue, but lost 2 jetbikes.

TURN 2

One group of cultists fired at my Raiders, uselessly. The other charged into the wyches, hoping to help out the plague meringues. The Demond Prince attempted a psychic power, but was denied by Morbith and suffered 3 wounds from perils of the warp.

'Try another!' I cheered.

'Hell no,' he replied.

The terminators teleported in and charged one of my raiders, killing it. No kabalites inside were harmed.

Two more reavers were killed, and one fled, leaving the Arena Champion fighting alone against the Plague Meringue Champion, a fight that she lost. The Wyches killed one more Plague Meringue and, oh, a bunch of cultists. The remaining Raider shot up the cultists in the ruins, killing a few. The Venom finished off the plague meringue champion. Belfrit and the disembarked kabalites shot the terminators, killing one. Belfrit charged them, but they saved everything (curse those 4+ invulnerable saves!) and so did she, ha!

TURN 3

The Demond Prince charged Belfrit. She failed one Shadow Field save, but I used a CP to re-roll it and she passed all the rest. She struck back, but the Terminators got in her way and she killed them instead. She fell back from fighting the demond prince, deciding not to press her luck - he was down to one wound and surrounded by blasters, why risk trying to stab him?

The Wracks arrived to help out the Wyches against the remaining plague meringues, and wiped them out. The Wyches were still in combat with one cultist that refused to die. The other group of cultists were shot up by the Venom, Raider, and Kabalites, and destroyed.

TURN 4

The Demond Prince charged the Wracks. He used a stratagem (I think?) to bounce back mortal wounds on them, killing 2, but he was finally destroyed. The remaining 3 Wyches (Hekatrix, Shardnet, and Hydra Gauntlets) killed that last stubborn cultist.

TURN 5

I did a little dance. It was quite charming Smile

Thoughts? I know that they were planning to get close and use their plague grenade trick, and expected me to run away from it. Instead, I charged them on Turn 1 and they never got to use it, at all. Red Grief was brutal, and the extra CPs from Prophets came in very handy, not to mention the Helm of Spite on Morbith, which pretty much shut down his psychic powers and was vital in killing that Demond Prince.

I'm not too sure about Obsidian Rose though. The Armour of Misery didn't seem to help much and the extra range on weapons, while nice, doesn't seem necessary when you like to get right up close to them. I think I might make her Flayed Skull instead and give her Savagery and the Obsidian Veil.

As for Agatha, that was bad luck. Then again, I did send her against an unweakened demond prince of Nurgle on her own and she still did pretty good. I probably shouldn't have done that -- I got carried away with all the Turn 1 charges Smile The Wyches got stuck for what seemed like forever fighting the plague meringues, but in the end there were 3 wyches left and no meringues. Yay, wyches!

The other thing I'm not too sure about is Splinter Racks. In such a small army, I could trade them for another Reaver or two more wyches, and the extra hits are nice, but it's still just splinter weapons.

Finally, I'd really like to try the Dark Creed. It seems to suit Morbith's character better, but the extra CPs from Diabolical Soothsayer are too good to pass up, and with a detachment of just her and 5 Wracks I can't see it doing much good. Hopefully I'll get the chance to try it in a bigger game.

Other than that, I'd say it all went rather well Smile
Back to top Go down
benmet
Hellion
benmet

PostSubject: Re: First Game - Death Guard Again   First Game - Death Guard Again I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 22:50

Sounds fun. The one thing I picked up was the shadow field can’t be rerolled for any reason.
Back to top Go down
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

PostSubject: Re: First Game - Death Guard Again   First Game - Death Guard Again I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 22:54

benmet wrote:
Sounds fun. The one thing I picked up was the shadow field can’t be rerolled for any reason.

Oh. Um, oops? Smile
Back to top Go down
Barrywise
Wych
Barrywise

PostSubject: Re: First Game - Death Guard Again   First Game - Death Guard Again I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 06:21

Barking Agatha wrote:

TURN ONE: The Death Guard all moved forward across a wide line. The Rhino parked behind some ruins, the meringues advanced, and the cultists moved into other ruins. The cultists shot up my wyches, killing 2.

I'm rolling.  Twisted Evil

Custard Meringues, ready for tactical insertion.

Great Write-up as always.

Glad to see you're enjoying the new codex bounce

Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: First Game - Death Guard Again   First Game - Death Guard Again I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 06:44

Barking Agatha wrote:

The Reavers killed 1 plague meringue, but lost 2 jetbikes.

Autocorrect does some funny things to lhamean and wyches, but space meringue is the funniest thing it has ever done. I think we have a new name for the poster-boys, the SPACE MERINGUES!

great battle report, great to show chaos who the real evil faction is!

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
RegoCrux
Hellion
RegoCrux

PostSubject: Re: First Game - Death Guard Again   First Game - Death Guard Again I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 09:38

Loved the fluff
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: First Game - Death Guard Again   First Game - Death Guard Again I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 12 2018, 05:25

wormfromhell wrote:
Barking Agatha wrote:

The Reavers killed 1 plague meringue, but lost 2 jetbikes.

Autocorrect does some funny things to lhamean and wyches, but space meringue is the funniest thing it has ever done. I think we have a new name for the poster-boys, the SPACE MERINGUES!

great battle report, great to show chaos who the real evil faction is!

She's always calling those power armour dudes like that. I think she is from those parts of Commorragh, where the stolen suns are closer a and they got more summer them us grumpy northern Archons. (I guess she is Spanish.)

Nice write up! I really would've liked to watch that game..!

PostSubject: Re: First Game - Death Guard Again   First Game - Death Guard Again I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Game - Death Guard Again
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE DARK CITY :: 

COMMORRAGH TACTICA

:: Realspace Raids
-
Jump to: